Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Starsinger
Projects: Blackwood Grove

Re: Guestbook

#4051 Post by Starsinger »

Greetings all (from the Pacific Northwest)!
Though I call myself Starsinger, you should be aware that I am not a star (conducting nuclear fusion or otherwise), nor can I actually sing without causing serious psychological harm to my audience. I apologize for any misunderstandings my misnomer may have caused.
While I may not be able to sing, I do have a certain talent for writing (and for coming up with far too many ideas to ever actually write down) and I have been known to dabble in musical composition. I am also enthusiastic (perhaps unhealthily so) about creating things in general, so I hope to offer the community as much assistance as I am able.
If you would like my help with something, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to assist!

epistellar
Projects: High Elo Girls
Organization: Split Fat
Tumblr: epistellar.net
Soundcloud: epistellar
itch: epistellar

#4052 Post by epistellar »

Yooo! I'm Dee and I've been aware of Ren'Py for a while, but I'm only just now getting into the art of making visual novels. I have absolutely no drawing talent to speak of, but I've been writing for literally decades at this point and am really eager to bring my writing skills to anyone who might want them.

For the past five or so years I've been writing stories set almost exclusively in my ten original universes, but before that I wrote lots of fanfic (some really terrible, some not too shabby). I'm currently back to dabbling in that space again because I've missed the sense of community you can get from writing and sharing your take on canon characters. If you'd like to get to experience my writing chops first hand, I would be more than happy to share some of my fannish or my original work - just let me know!

Lastly, I really want to support the community however I can -- financially, if I can swing supporting more Patreons in the future or help Kickstart games, or just by leaving encouragement and feedback, time permitting. I have a history of being quite shy with sharing my work, so just know that I think you're really awesome and brave for putting your work out there, and I want to be a positive force in your creative process however I can be.

That's all! <3

Atomic-Invasion
Regular
Projects: Short Story, Project BEAT
Tumblr: atomicinvasion
Deviantart: atomic-invasion

#4053 Post by Atomic-Invasion »

Hello

The name's Atomic Invasion, I've always wanted to finish my projects for some time now however real life have to come first. So I tend to leave my stories and WiP around and gathering dust from time to time

> <

But I'm here *raises fist like an old person* .

I've already used on Ren'Py but these days I use different game engines and platforms to improve and perhaps expand what I can do with my story and gameplay. I always like to learn new things so I picked a bit of audio editing, UI design, coding, writing and storyboard/production work. I'm not a master like you guys who really specializes on character design and writing but I hope I can contribute something in this community.

Like almost everyone here, I would like create and finish a project to show you all and perhaps distribute the project for free as I would like to think this work is something I don't want to have a monetary goal in it (my main job has already have that hahaha...god I'm old). Still I know money is a bit of a motivator of my somewhat selfish projects so you might see me commissioning several talents here to help me out in improving and continuing my projects. I hope you could help me and perhaps pm if you like to help me out.

Vegos

#4054 Post by Vegos »

Ah how rude of me to not come here before asking questions elsewhere.

Greetings from Slovenia, of all places. I'm a thirty-something (okay, almost-thirty-three) working drone (and perpetually broke, even if not actually poor) and hobbyist writer (of unfinished stuff, because I keep getting distracted with new ideas) who recently decided to try dabbling in this Ren'Py affair and see what happens (hopefully something nice). I also like using parentheses to state off-hand remarks (I suppose that's obvious by now, but I'll stop overdoing it.)

So while working on my first project I decided to poke my head in here and see if there's any potential for mutually beneficial stuff here, and it seems there might be.

You won't find me on any social networks because with all the stuff life throws at me plus all the stuff I throw at me, I simply don't have time to spend any meaningful amount of, eh, time, on those.

Ana
Regular

#4055 Post by Ana »

Hmm, I should've probably posted here before posting the WIP of the visual novel I'm making.

I've known about Ren'Py for awhile, attempted to make one visual novel and eventually failed. I've never posted a WIP for that old game. My drawings were pretty bad back then. Then again, my current project doesn't really have nice sprites, either. I tried to keep it simple and quick to draw/colour for. I just like to write and stuff.

I like mushrooms with noodles, if that counts.
My underwear is grey and inside out. Oops...
Sadly, no website, but I might make a tumblr for updates on my visual novel, or something. It's almost done, though. If anything, I might do something if I decide on a sequel.

allenmathews

#4056 Post by allenmathews »

Hi guys

I just joined the forums and hope to learn a lot from you all.

I will also do my best to cooperate and contribute interesting posts.

Thanks

Krel
Regular

#4057 Post by Krel »

Hey everyone!

I discovered visual novels earlier this year after a long search for story and decision based games.

I've browsed here for a few months without posting, and Lemma Soft is an awesome community. I've enjoyed quite a few games posted in the forums.

I'm a writer and a musician, and I've always wanted to collaborate with other people. I love the range of creative ability people have here.

Hi, and see you guys round!

Lazy-Levia

#4058 Post by Lazy-Levia »

Good day, everyone.

Umm,.. Levia here, I'm doing something in this Ren'Py engine.. not drawing actually, just want to learn how to "pythoning" the VN..
*yawn* because of my laziness, I think it's enough.

Please take care of me~

*go back to bed*

Hako

#4059 Post by Hako »

Hey guys, I'm Hako and I've been on this forum for a while but I only recently made an account so I could interact with people, ask for advice, and so that when I someday make stuff, I can post it here. I love anime, games, and of course visual novels (those are games too though).

I can't draw, I don't know how to use Ren'Py very well, and I can't make music that well. But, I'm hoping that with enough practice, I'll be able to at least learn how to use Ren'Py and write something decent. Maybe even make some music. I don't think I'll ever get to making good art though, lol

I hope we get along and that you play something I eventually make/would be a part of making.

Chuuchun

#4060 Post by Chuuchun »

Hello hello~ I've quietly stalked these forums for the last couple months and I really can't do art or write or make music so this account is just for gushing about how amazing people's works here are. Looking forward to playing (and crying over) as many games as possible

Madidel
Tumblr: memeswithdreams

#4061 Post by Madidel »

Hey, everyone! My name's Madison, and I'm a flamboyantly bisexual, playfully rebellious, seventeen-year-old high school dropout who enjoys bragging about her cooking (I make killer ham and potatoes, by the way), juggling several unfinished jobs at once, writing, reading and helping with the family.

I hail from the crossroads of America and, although I've been writing pretty much every day since I was old enough to hold a pencil, I'm mostly here for advice and mentoring so that I can finally feel like I'm improving... and probably for some paid work, too, since I'd kind of need the money, so if anyone wants to offer either of those things, leave me a PM saying so. I'd actually really appreciate it, and trust me, it's good for the ego, as well. You accomplished people are like gods to me. :lol:

Well, I guess that's it. Look forward to seeing me around a little more often, and I hope you have a nice day~

vigaman

#4062 Post by vigaman »

Hello hello, I made an account to represent VIGA Manufacture, an upcoming video game company. VIGA Man is working on an upcoming project right now, which is a dungeon crawling puzzle x RPG. The game contains visual novel gameplay elements as well. My talents include illustration and design, which I will contribute to the game as well as the community here.

If any of ya'll want to get in touch with me then send me a private message on this forum or through email. So far, I see some interesting visual novel projects going on and I think each one has potential to be great.

Take care and again, feel free to hit me up.

ShaneWSmith

#4063 Post by ShaneWSmith »

Hi everyone, I'm new around here. My name is Shane W Smith, and I'm a graphic novelist from Australia who is just making the jump across to game design for the first time. I'll be posting info about my branching sci fi visual novel Messar Dreams shortly. I look forward to engaging with you all in the coming months!

stravolto

#4064 Post by stravolto »

Hi everyone! I've loved visual novels for years, and have found most of my favorites from LemmaSoft. A few years ago I started my own, but it quickly became too much of a massive, sprawling project to finish at the time, so I shelved it to work on later. Anyways, I'm here now because I became interested in game writing, and I wanted to get some experience in the area. I'm hoping to find a partner or team to work with here, and am offering my services for writing, editing, or proofreading in this thread. Looking forward to enjoying many more visual novels from this wonderfully creative community.

Gareth

#4065 Post by Gareth »

Sup. I'm Gareth, glad to be here with everyone. I currently live in Korea(no, not the North). I've had a fair amount of interest on visual novels since I dived into the world of Japanese subcultures. So, naturally I became interested in their creation, thus ending up in me coming here. I would like to be involved in illustrations, character concept arts or storywriting, though I'm not quite sure whether I can handle them like a professional. But I'll try. Hard. …At least I hope so.
Umm…and I like puddings. That's pretty much all about me I guess.