Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
sweetbutterychaos
Tumblr: sweetbutterychaos
Deviantart: sweetbutterychaos

Re: Guestbook

#4186 Post by sweetbutterychaos »

Hey, I'm Leopold. I live in FL, USA and I like drawing. I'm currently going to school for a Bachelor's in graphic design. I heard about this program from someone I follow on tumblr and I always wanted to make a dating sim myself, so hey, here's my chance!

reignrevonica
Projects: TBA

#4187 Post by reignrevonica »

My name's Lena. :) I live in England. I like tedious things. I'm weird, and I consider weirder people my friends. :wink:

I hope we can all get along!

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#4188 Post by Nekobako »

I think it's very possible that I posted in this guestbook already but I'm not entirely sure as it's been a while and I'm too lazy to check so I'm gonna reintroduce myself anyway :P

Hello everybody! Please call me Escher. :) I originally came here for NaNoRenO 2015, but unfortunately my project ran into some difficulties and is now on indefinite hold. ^^;; Ah well, such is life.

I'm an artist living in Middle-of-Nowhere, Illinois, USA. I specialize in anime-style character art, but my experience/range is pretty broad, and I'm hoping to build a portfolio of BGs so I can offer that soon. :D I have a formal fine arts education, but I'm hoping to study game art/design soon....if I can get the money lol.

Nice to meet you all (again)!

petalP
Projects: Success Date, Rainbow💝Hearts!, untitled kinetic eroge
Organization: petal🌸studios

#4189 Post by petalP »

Hello everyone, please call me Petal. Not my real name obviously, it's my VN creator pseudonym. Anyway.

I am a girl from the Netherlands and first got into visual novels and dating sims in... what was it, 2012? I kinda forgot, not that it matters. All I know is that my first title was good ol' RE:Alistair. PS: Shiro is bae. However, at the time I wasn't that much into visual novels etc. yet, more of a casual fan than anything else. It wasn't until about 2-3 years later that I got into it more seriously, eventually even wanting to make visual novels myself. I haven't finished any so far since I basically only just started, but I'll share my projects on this forum I guess. (The ironic part is that I am a huge otome fan, yet none of my projects are otome so far... Only one comes kinda close, but I don't know if kinetic linear titles count.)

While I am mostly into English visual novels, I also like some Japanese titles. I recently got into Higurashi and I have also read Narcissu. I'm interested in Umineko as well. As I am still a bit of a noob, recommendations are always welcome (though not in this thread, obviously. lol).

Also, don't worry about the amount of projects I am working on. I'm currently mostly working on the smallest one and don't expect the others to be done within several years maybe.

I don't really know what else there is to say about me... I like cats?

halogen

#4190 Post by halogen »

Hello, I'm Halogen. I've been lurking on-and-off for a couple years now, but now I'm here, and I am here as a writer, especially. I'm looking forward to getting involved in some cool projects, and really familiarizing myself with the Ren'Py engine. So, I suppose I shall be bumbling casting off to the recruitment threads, then.

MOETECHMO
Tumblr: purple-inukshuk

#4191 Post by MOETECHMO »

Hi! I'm Natasha, I draw :P anyways I'm so into making some VNs right now!

Kairin
Projects: Alyrrawood Academy

#4192 Post by Kairin »

Hi! I'm Kai. I started my first VN project 137 hours ago, and I can honestly say that 137 hours ago I had no idea I would ever end up on a forum for making visual novels. It just sorta happened. This will probably be a one-time thing for me, but it's gonna be an adventure and I'm excited. I'm writer, programmer and leader, I guess. o/

Confession time: I am normally not a writer. I used to love writing fantasy genre, but I seem to get writer's block every time I start something. However I am INSPIRED right now and people tell me my writing is really good, so we shall see, I guess. (Actually I am working on a collab. writing project with a friend and we are hoping to get it published, fun fact.)
Another confession: I am not really a programmer either- YET. I am learning Java and, now that I'm doing this project, Python. oxo

Interests unrelated to visual novel things: Learning foreign languages (currently working on my Spanish!), reading (fantasy and sci-fi mostly), anddddd that's it. I don't have time for hobbies, I'm too busy getting/pursuing crazy spur-of-the-moment ideas and petting my cats.

Because
cats.

Konove

#4193 Post by Konove »

Hello! I'm Noora.

I'm a girl from Finland and I have just started a huge fantasy VN project. I'm a total noob in programming and it's definitely a bad idea to start from something big but I'm too stubborn to quit it now that I have a story and some gameplay mechanics in mind... It'll take some time before I'm ready to announce my project but I might do some smaller side projects in order to become more experienced... When the time comes I'd like to get feedback on what I should improve and/or change and other critique. English isn't my first language so my sentences may be oddly formed. (Me are bad engliz plis dun kill me)

I just got a tablet so I'm a beginner in making art on computers but I'm getting better and better. Any hints on how to improve more are welcome. I still need to work more on basic anatomy with pen and paper...

My interests are gaming, anime & manga, Japanese language & music and drawing. (The basic stuff ^^')

KamenWriter

#4194 Post by KamenWriter »

Hello everybody! Looking around, I can see my username does not do well for conversation, so I guess you can call me... KW until I think of something better? Character names are the toughest part for me, I swear.

Anyway, hi! I'm just a guy from the US who really likes to write. I've been writing for... I'd say the majority of my life at this point, though the earliest instance of doing it more seriously would probably be in the early 2000s. I got into visual novels in the late 2000s, can't remember when specifically, and the medium really drew me in as something I'd like to explore seriously. Since that point, I've tinkered with a few different visual novel programs now, and while I'm sad to say I ended up giving up on Ren'Py, I have clocked in a couple hundred hours in TyranoBuilder working on some things.

Looking around here, I may be in the minority in that respect, but that's cool. Maybe I'll pick up how to work around those other programs as I hang around here.

Going forward, I'd love to get into game development someday, but with nothing but ideas and a passion for writing going for me, chances of that seem pretty slim, though I'm hoping to change that. Even making "professional" visual novels may well be beyond me, considering it's not like I have art or music to add to my stuff. So let me say, my respect for any of you with something to show for your efforts, whether you've got commercial projects or free ones, is immense.

And... that's it! Nice to meet you all and all that good stuff.

CalicoCactus
Tumblr: calicocactusart
Deviantart: calicocactusart

#4195 Post by CalicoCactus »

Hey fella's!
I'm a cactus from Australia. I'm not really a coder but sometimes I try (and fail) to write, my only skill really is my drawing. I've been a fan of VN's for a few years, ever since I stumbled upon Zervia Inc's 'train of Afterlife' on Kongregate. Since then I've played a few, mostly otome's. At the moment I'm working on Dandelion: Wishes brought to you ^.^
I don't have any big plans at the moment but I'm hoping after the rush of the new year has settled down to join a team or somethin' and contribute my scribbles.
Nice to meet you all :)

Valtiene
Discord: Valtiere#9845

#4196 Post by Valtiene »

Hi all. I am Val (for short), and I'm a writer from Canada. My favourite genres are fantasy, science fiction and horror and while I write both short stories and full novels, I have spent the better part of the past two years working on the latter. Recently a friend of mine introduced me to visual novels, something I'd never heard of before but have since become very, very interested in. Its a medium that I'd really like to explore, but the fact that my art skills are kind of lacking has put me off making my own until now.

I found this place after doing some research on the process of actually making visual novels, since I wanted to know more. I don't have any experience with writing for visual novels, but I have written plenty of short stories and am working on a novel at the moment and I'm kind of hopeful that I might be able to either start or join in on a free/non-commerical project with some people here to sharpen my claws. And really, making something like that with a group of people sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Anyhow, I'm not very good at introductions so I'll leave it at that and say that its good to have found this place and I hope to see people around. :)

Aussie Ben

#4197 Post by Aussie Ben »

Hi there! I'm Ben, and I'm a game dev from Australia. I've been working in the game development industry for a while now, and occasionally work on my own stuff too. I'm trying to get a project finished, and found that Ren'Py was a great tool to use! I'm still learning it, and I hope to make some great stuff with it.

This is also my introduction to Python, so I'm very excited to be learning it too. Every time something works, it's a small victory for me, and I'm thrilled!

Thanks, and looking forward to posting some more!

FonaCall
Regular
Projects: Bahay Kubo, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Organization: Black Eared Games
Tumblr: blackearedgames
Deviantart: fonacall
Soundcloud: fona-call

#4198 Post by FonaCall »

Hey there, FonaCall here! (Don't ask about the name... It's a long story.)

We've been attracted to visual novels, but we (or rather I) haven't really played that much, so... yeah. If you're gonna have me give a list of what I played...
  • I've gotten myself killed by a magic user in Fate/Stay Night,
  • I've gotten it on with a robot in DRAMAtical Murder,
  • I've attempted to go through a music-less playthrough of Uta no Prince-sama (PSP emulation fail),
  • I've attempted a high frame rate playthrough of Harukanaru Toki no Naka de,
  • and very recently, I've tried out a few Ren'Py games, notably Vividly Strange (which I found pretty cool, even if it was short) and In Reality.
We're here mostly as players, but we could try and help out with proofreading and editing, and also art, if we're not procrastinating/busy.

- Piet Wolfvolk

Mahri
Github: hiukan

#4199 Post by Mahri »

Hello everyone :)

I'm Mahri from Switzerland (and no, that's not my real name but many people call me that and I like it more than my actual name ^^')
I'm going to be 21 on the 29. of December and I'm attending grammar school at the moment (12.)
I absolutely adore Visual Novels and as I want to become a translator at one point in time, I started translating Visual Novels from English to German (well... to be honest I'm still working on my first but I wouldn't want it to be the last because I really enjoyed myself translating it (the script is already done)).
I'm also taking a preliminary course for the Cambridge POE exam - so I might as well help out as a proofreader, if somebody's in need ^^'

So well... that's practically why I registered here.. looking forward to communicate and maybe work with you guys :)

Puppeteer
Projects: SGW: Jinx (KN); SGW: Vampire's Garden (ADV)

#4200 Post by Puppeteer »

Hello, here I am, signed up, logged in, and posting to Guestbook.

I am actually in the middle of composing what I thought would be my intro here, packaged with sharing the work-in-progress, but...

Here's the thing. As I was composing I realized I wanted to have a "signature" attached (to share a quote, mostly) and I cannot anywhere find where to create one. The *very helpful* FAQ directed me to my "user control panel" which enables me to set all sorts of fabulous options but yields no "This is the signature that will attached to your posts" section. (I am not new to BBC fora - I know this section should exist, I just can't find it here.)

Anyway. Moving on.

Work in progress is a kinetic novel, to be the introduction to the story-world and an origin point for the rest of the series, which will be ADV-style (choose the adventure), fantasy/horror, magic, vampires, etc. (Original story series already written; adaptation continues.)

[I will no doubt be back to edit this; for now I jump back to the other post.]

Sometimes the puppet, sometimes the Puppeteer.