Summer Paradise (GxB)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
pinkyuu
Projects: One Step At A Time

Re: Summer Paradise (GxB)

#76 Post by pinkyuu »

I love Arvin's route the best. I mean I actually went through all of them, but I wish that Vaughn's route was a little longer.

LadySkitty14
IRC Nick: LadySkitty

#77 Post by LadySkitty14 »

I was searching for some new VN when I found yours in the Ren'py game list.
And when I play it, I was surprised that the settings is in the Philippines!
The game is awesome and story too.

By the way, you inspired me a lot to create my own. xD
I've already decided to make one, but I'm so frustrated to do so.
But finding your game changed my mind and give it a shot.

I'm looking forward to your new projects and good luck ^_^

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#78 Post by Ran08 »

pinkyuu wrote:I love Arvin's route the best. I mean I actually went through all of them, but I wish that Vaughn's route was a little longer.
Aww, thank you for going through all the routes. I really appreciate it! :) And, oops, sorry. Haha.
Vaughn was never really meant to become an obtainable, but I kinda got attached to him, so I made his route into the "true" path.
:D
LadySkitty14 wrote:I was searching for some new VN when I found yours in the Ren'py game list.
And when I play it, I was surprised that the settings is in the Philippines!
The game is awesome and story too.

By the way, you inspired me a lot to create my own. xD
I've already decided to make one, but I'm so frustrated to do so.
But finding your game changed my mind and give it a shot.

I'm looking forward to your new projects and good luck ^_^
Hello there fellow Pinay! Kamusta? :) Haha.

And oh, I'm touched. I'm really glad my game had that sort of impact on you. Thanks a lot! ^^ And it's awesome that more and more of our people are starting to discover visual novels. If you need any help with anything, I'll try to help you the best I can! Hahaha. :))

Goodluck as well! Mabuhay!

khloiiboo15

#79 Post by khloiiboo15 »

Ok I've been writing my own visual novel and I'm stuck on how to make the player choose the name of the character I can not understand how to do it!! If you could help me out it would mean so much to me :):) thanks! xox

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#80 Post by Ran08 »

khloiiboo15 wrote:Ok I've been writing my own visual novel and I'm stuck on how to make the player choose the name of the character I can not understand how to do it!! If you could help me out it would mean so much to me :):) thanks! xox
Hey there. :) Sure, I'd love to help you. Haha.
I'm just gonna send the code to you in a PM, okay? Feel free to ask more questions there~

RachelValerie

#81 Post by RachelValerie »

Wow just stumbled upon this VN, I'm downloading it as I type. :shock:

Can't wait to give an update on it~ :D

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#82 Post by Ran08 »

RachelValerie wrote:Wow just stumbled upon this VN, I'm downloading it as I type. :shock:

Can't wait to give an update on it~ :D
Wow. :)) Haha, thanks RachelValerie. I'll be waiting for your feedback!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#83 Post by SweetChiel »

Oooh, set in philippines? I'm downloading it right now! xD
-and Vaughn! OMG you're using the name of my favorite bachelor in harvest moon which is another plus! :D
I'll come back after I finished playing this ~

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#84 Post by SweetChiel »

Aww I just love to learn new things! Especially about the games and ghost stories in philippines :D now I know why there are costumes with a horse head; it's from tikbalang story! xD

overall I really like how you relate one character to another, the emotions about how they felt about each other are really well done. You can still polish it a little bit more but well done!
I must say my favorite routes are Mark's and Vaughn's :D
Mark was just so smitten and committed to Casey that I can't help but to love his character :) (his denial only made it more adorable for me xD). But I can relate to his feelings :) His background story is a bit rushed; I wish I can enjoy more details about the incident and how they make it up more.
Vaughn is just... so sweet xD
he's so mature but sadly his route is too short in my opinion more please~ I want the details about what make him interested in Casey and vice versa! >.<

But dang it girl, where are the CGs? I waited and ...waited but there's no CG Q___Q
it's too bad, really. It can spice and heat things up; especially if you want girls squealing at your boys xD

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#85 Post by Ran08 »

@SweetChiel

Haha, I'm glad I got to share some stuff with you. :3 And yeah, I guess so too!

Thanks! I did this in like a week so... I won't deny it, some parts were sorta rushed. I still did my best though --well, as best as a rushed work could be haha-- and I definitely appreciate your comments! :) Thank you for liking my game.
Aww, really? Ohhh, yeah, I think I should have delved deeper into Mark's story. But... you see, I based this on real life and... wait, I'll send you a PM. Hahaha.

And yup, he's just an extra, that's why! :D I was actually planning to make a sequel/epilogue of this game hahaha, but I was too busy. Maybe I'll make one next year and release it on this game's 2nd anniversary.
Ahaaaa~ you see, I can't draw. :3 At least, I don't know how to use my tablet to make a decent drawing. Haha. I'm trying to learn though. :) Maybe someday, I'll re-release this with a longer, deeper story, more polished presentation, and original sprites and CGs. Maybe~ Who knows. Hahaha.

Anyway, thank you again! And goodluck on your game btw! :))

Mirrowdothack
Regular
Completed: The Iron Heart Witch
Projects: Y;N, Crime•Scene

#86 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Ha, I found the post XD
Once again: Currently playing and enjoying this VN so far. When I'm done I'll let you know my thoughts^^
My games:
Image Image

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#87 Post by Ran08 »

@Mirrowdothack
Oh, thank youuu. :) I'm glad you're enjoying it! Haha. :)

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#88 Post by Akitsuki »

I have been stalking this thread for a while and I kinda wonder why I haven't tried the game.

I just did, and it's awesome! Your writing just flows that all of sudden I've finished one route already! The first ending I got was Vaughn's good ending LOL. It was short but I admit I enjoy it! Maybe it's the 2nd route I like the most after Arvin's. Yeah, it'd be better if it was longer though, especially like how they'd be after the dance. LOL am I asking too much?

Usually, I like tsundere type, but somehow I can't feel that in Mark. I don't know, he looks superficial LOL if you understand what I mean. The conflict is kinda sad actually, but it could be better if you explain it in more details. Anyway! Arvin is really my type, aside from the drama and how many times I've laughed because of it LOL xD I always like cheerful guy like Arvin! Well... I don't have any significant impression for James though ^^"

Oh! I'm sorry if I'm being too honest and offensive. But overall, you did a great job for your first game! I'm sure your next would be way better! Keep it up!

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#89 Post by Ran08 »

@Akitsuki

Awww, thank you. :3
No, that's alright! Haha. You're not the only one who complained about the length. XD I thought it was okay by leaving it like that, but it seemed that some people thought the story was too short. :) Oh well.
Hmm, to be perfectly honest, haha, I'm not a huge fan of tropes! Sometimes I make my characters stereotypical on purpose, and then flip the whole thing over. Mark looks superficial because he sorta is. He's a generally quiet guy, but he's only that extreme with Casey. After all, he did get a girlfriend right? Even though his girlfriend is someone who just wants a trophy boyfriend. So he must be a nice guy somewhere inside. Whoops, I'm sorry if I hadn't explained it more though. Yay, haha, it's nice that you like Arvin, even though he was so out of character in some scenes. XD As for James... eh, don't worry about it. ;)
No, it's okay! :D I don't mind. I appreciate you telling me those so that I could do better on my future games. Oh, wait, haha, actually, I've already done my "next" game. I don't know if I actually got better though. Hahaha. Anyway, thank you very much for playing this and sharing your thoughts! :) I love feedback.

Suzumi Hiyoko

#90 Post by Suzumi Hiyoko »

Waahhhh! Why you people love to use anime characters for your philippine stories!!!? now I'm losing my confident on speaking japanese language!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: