Serafina's Crown [Fantasy][Romance][GxB][GXG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

Serafina's Crown [Fantasy][Romance][GxB][GXG]

#1 Post by storykween »

SERAFINA'S CROWN

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Otome, Adventure
GxB, GxG

Summary:
Serafina's Crown is a visual novel sequel to Woodsy Studio's first release, Serafina's Saga. In a fantasy world constantly unbalanced by the gods of chaos, the kingdom of Darzia struggles to elect a new monarch after Queen Belatrix is assassinated. You play as a new character, Odell Perin, who is unwittingly thrust into a position of power amidst the chaos of court. Due to her neutral stance, Odell Perin is elected to serve as Regent long enough to settle the ongoing disputes, and therefore determine who will become the next ruler of Darzia.

The story branches depending on the player's decisions, allowing the player to form romantic relationships with other characters, find Belatrix's killer, and determine the next monarch. The gameplay will also feature a dynamic debate system that allows Odell to argue certain points in court based on her accumulated stats.
  • Branching Narrative: Every decision made as Odell will change the story -- whether it’s getting closer to finding the murderer, stabilizing the kingdom, or helping the next monarch rise to power.

Stats Management: Odell’s decisions will affect her stats, which will help her debate her beliefs in court.

Debate Mini-Game: The game features an entertaining mini-game where Odell (with the help from the stats she’s earned on her journey) will debate a variety of topics to uncover new, important information.

Girl x Boy / Girl x Girl Romances: Just because Odell is ruling a kingdom doesn’t mean she won’t save some time for romance

Voice Acting: Serafina’s Crown features a cast of talented voice actors that bring the story to life.
Branching Style:
With Serafina’s Crown, I’ve pulled inspiration from both Dragon Age: Inquisition and Danganronpa to design the story interaction. Much like Dragon Age, the player will frequently get an opportunity to select how Odell responds to another character.
Image Image

The game judges you more based on how often you choose a certain thematic category. Each colored option corresponds with a specific emotion, and each time you pick a certain color, you get a point for its category. The points you accumulate will affect the difficulty of the Divinity Dial mini-game.

Often, the story options will simply change your conversation with a character, depending on your choice. Similar to Danganronpa, you often have a chance to spend time with a specific character of your choosing. On each playthrough, you will have a limited number of chances to spend time with the characters, so you must choose wisely!

Your choices, as minor or significant as they might be, always yield a reward of some sort. They will always give you a point in the associated category, and they always change Odell’s hair color slightly (a fun little feature you can turn off if you so choose). Other times they will result in the conversation of your orchestration, and perhaps even a romantic relationship…
List of characters: http://woodsy-studio.com/serafinas-crown/characters/
For more info and Credits: http://woodsy-studio.com/vn/serafinas-crown/

Last edited by storykween on Tue May 26, 2015 8:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
My website: woodsy-studio.com

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

Re: Serafina's Crown [Fantasy][Romance][GxB][GXG]

#2 Post by infel »

Oh I've been waiting for this =). I'm really excited to play the sequel! Congrats on your release ^^.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim

#3 Post by storykween »

@infel Thanks! And it looked like you had a question earlier about Serafina; the answer is yes :wink:

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games

#4 Post by infel »

storykween wrote:@infel Thanks! And it looked like you had a question earlier about Serafina; the answer is yes :wink:

Np =) and thank you ^^. She's really an awesome character. I'm excited to play!

Patreon

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

EndlessOcean
Organization: MagicalIdolStrawberrySailor

#5 Post by EndlessOcean »

Awesome! I didn't expect you to finish so soon. Congratulations on your release :D
I played Serafina's Saga as well and I was pleasantly surprised when I read you were making a sequel.
However I do not agree with Serafina marring Reuben (and even getting kids), I didn't like him much. I'll just have to live with it :') it's one of the few difficulties when making a sequel for a game with different endings. Also I don't like it that Beatrix is dead, I kind of liked her at the end of Serafina's Saga. It does make for an interesting story, I wonder if the other characters from Saga make a cameo.
I just bought Serafina's Crown and I'm exited to play it. I like it that Ordell's hair changes color depending on your choices (I'm going to try and get rainbow hair :P).

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by philip »

Well, you folks really have a way to take up a person's free time! I noticed this release yesterday, and downloaded the demo. Before I played it, I went back to Serafina's Saga, to play through it once more, and refresh my memory, before embarking on a new adventure. While doing that I discovered that I had not uncovered some significant portions of the original story, so set about to complete that. Very enjoyable, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Saga, and having discovered more endings, it was all the more satisfying.

Getting back on track, I next went and played the Crown demo, which I found equally captivating; so of course I had to buy the complete game! I should put in here that the art is wonderful, and the story is as well - a very polished and professional job! Having completed the purchase (I even added a couple of extra bucks to the purchase price, cause I was so impressed with the demo), I set about playing the game. Finally stopped at Chapter Three, as it was time to call it a night. Woke up quite early this morning, so I opened up the game and pressed on. After several hours, I got through to one ending - One which I liked, fortunately. I still have a lot more to explore, so will be using my spare time to revisit this remarkable story.

Thank you for an entertaining job well done.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Kirlett
Regular

#7 Post by Kirlett »

I played the demo and... I LOVE IT. The debate system, the influence of the gods, ARKEN... I love him haha, I hope he's one of the bachellors...I think he is, but I'm not sure. Odell is beautiful, her design is flawless and the option to change her looks...aw! Yes!

I'll buy it in July, for my birthday haha.
Thank you for making the sequel <3

(I loved Reuben in the first game but it seems that he's REALLY a bastard u_u shame)

EDIT: I couldn't wait. I bought it right now. :roll: Please please please let Arken be a bachellor :cry:
I will tell you my opinion when I finish!

victorita9
Regular

#8 Post by victorita9 »

ARKEN...I came for him and I was not disappointed. This is a really fun and well written game. So far I have played 2 of the romances, and awesome, especially Arken's. I have wanted to romance that guy as another character since Serafina.

storykween
Regular

#9 Post by storykween »

@philip - Thanks so much for the thoughtful comments! It means a lot to me
Kirlett wrote:(I loved Reuben in the first game but it seems that he's REALLY a bastard u_u shame)
Heh, he can be pretty sleazy I know, but I hope you warm back up to him as the game goes on :)

@Kirlett and @victorita9: I'm glad you're pleased about the Arken romance 8) I felt like I was indulging myself when I first wrote it, but it ended up being my favorite one in the end...

infel
Veteran

#10 Post by infel »

I'm a bit confused....I usually spend all my time with a certain character but it doesn't feel like much of a connection is happening. I'm at the point where we are at trial and now I'm accusing a
God.
I was wondering if romance is after this point or if I've done something wrong with the choices.

Patreon

Current Projects

storykween
Regular

#11 Post by storykween »

Hmmm... which character are you trying to romance? You need to spend time with them at least twice before the ball to get the option to dance with them, and then you need to dance with them in order to continue the romance path.

If you're talking about Serafina, she is tricky:
The only way to have a romance with Serafina is to develop a somewhat polyamorous relationship that also includes Reuben. You need to dance with both of them at the ball, then you need to let her and Reuben keep the key to Castle Krondolee, and finally you should never indict Reuben for the murder

infel
Veteran

#12 Post by infel »

storykween wrote:Hmmm... which character are you trying to romance? You need to spend time with them at least twice before the ball to get the option to dance with them, and then you need to dance with them in order to continue the romance path.

If you're talking about Serafina, she is tricky:
The only way to have a romance with Serafina is to develop a somewhat polyamorous relationship that also includes Reuben. You need to dance with both of them at the ball, then you need to let her and Reuben keep the key to Castle Krondolee, and finally you should never indict Reuben for the murder

Ah well now I know what I did. I did the last two but I danced with just her ;_;. Looks like I'll have to go back or maybe I'll get Arken since I just read he's an option XD. Anyway thank you for this little guide. So far the game is great and I'm liking the characters and story a lot =)

Patreon

Current Projects

Kirlett
Regular

#13 Post by Kirlett »

I finished! I got Arken's ending and Serafina as the Queen. Ok, I only pursued Arken but...HE WAS EVERYTHING OMG.
When he suddenly responds to Odell's flirting attemps...ah, precious. Poor Odell.
Have I mentioned before how much I love Odell? Perfect heroine and THE HAIR. BLUE HAIR. I can't wait to see how it changes when choosing other options.
I didn't like Lorenzo at first...but
when I discovered he was Lokke... Well...uh...he's not REALLY Lokke. But, you know. Lorenzo bores me. Lokke amuses me. He was the funniest character.
I would like to know who are the characters you can pursue :oops: Everyone? :twisted: Not Nikolaos or the god of joy..but Reuben? I can't help it, I know he's married and has three children, but he's a sexy bastard hahaha Watch it, Sera! If I can I'm gonna steal your man :lol:

EDIT: Ignore me. I have read the walkthrough. I won't steal Reuben, dammit. :roll:

storykween
Regular

#14 Post by storykween »

@Kirlett - Heheh, I'm glad you enjoyed it and that you still liked Reuben in the end 8)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#15 Post by Godline »

Oooh! I want this.
Though at first I was disappointed that Reuben became Serafina's husband since the other guys (and gal) in the first game were awesome and sweet.
Buttt I can see why you did it like that. Reuben is more spicy and interesting for the sequel.

I just thought I'd stop by and say that I will most likely get the full version and I think you did an awesome job!