Crime Investigation

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Crime Investigation

#31 Post by lordcloudx »

Maybe this thread should be split into another discussion. It seems a bit rude to the creator now that we've started talking about things besides the game itself.

I'm going to state my opinion here and second number473 and flowerthief's sentiments. I believe that the completed games section should be dedicated to the appreciation of the games themselves and the comments should generally be, if not always positive, at least geared towards the poster's own personal reactions/comments as to the game itself and not this "I'm helping you improve" type of critique that seems to be often used as a convenient justification to make what I personally perceive to be hurtful comments.

Furthermore, I think that critique in general should always take the person receiving the critique into account. Based on what I've seen, Wright1000 does indeed seem to be someone with English as a second language, much like me. I'd just like to inform the LSF population in general that depending on where you're from, this does make us a bit more sensitive towards any criticisms as to our level of skill in the English language. I'm not advocating "babying" or "sugarcoating" but, I'd like to propose what may be perceived as a euphemism in saying that maybe a little more courtesy and sensitivity as to your tone and diction before posting a particularly detailed critique would be in order.

As to previous discussions on the subject matter, I'd just like to point out that the last discussion ended that way because the majority of the LSF population won out and buried the arguments of the minority and thus, it was arbitrarily decided that "critique is teh pwnage! you should eat it!"

I am hoping that LSF will consider revisiting this topic if we are truly sincere about moving towards a more welcoming atmosphere for all levels of creators.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#32 Post by sake-bento »

New topic is a good idea. Actually, adding to this already existing topic is probably exactly the sort of discussion we want right now.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#33 Post by Blue Lemma »

Back on the game topic, it's a good relevant question: What kind of comments/criticism are you looking for (if any?)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#34 Post by Wright1000 »

Well, if someone cannot complete the game, I will help him.

I want to know if they liked or disliked my story.

I know that the music are proper for my scenes. But maybe it would have been nice if I put some other music. Someone can tell me about that.

I want to know if someone thinks the story would have been better if I wrote it in some other way.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

FairSissy

#35 Post by FairSissy »

I cannot download the game. Everytime I try I just get stuck on the "loading". :oops:
Is there something I can do about it?

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#36 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Use the second link. I managed a test download just fine.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#37 Post by Razz »

Wow necro-posted from almost exactly 1 year!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#38 Post by PyTom »

Razz wrote:Wow necro-posted from almost exactly 1 year!
So? Asking about how to download an older game is a legitimate thing to do. We want to encourage people to play older games, not discourage them from doing so.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Ziassan
Veteran

#39 Post by Ziassan »

I think Razz was more speaking about the exact 1 year gap between the two post than the necro thing ahah.

And btw played the game, strange experience I must say, the sentence-by-sentence writing. Oh also, for the futur players, if you try to quit, it's ALT+F4 or Preferences>Quit. No right-click or anything.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#40 Post by Razz »

PyTom wrote:
Razz wrote:Wow necro-posted from almost exactly 1 year!
So? Asking about how to download an older game is a legitimate thing to do. We want to encourage people to play older games, not discourage them from doing so.
Was talking about how it had been (barely) a day away from being a year since the last post. I was kind of impressed.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#41 Post by LVUER »

Perhaps there was time zone difference? Since according to my computer, they are exactly one year apart (May 2nd 2011 - May 2nd 2012).

Yeah, I didn't notice it. It's pretty cool...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#42 Post by PyTom »

Razz wrote:Was talking about how it had been (barely) a day away from being a year since the last post. I was kind of impressed.
Ah. Sorry about that - my snark sensor was malfunctioning. We're good now. :-)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#43 Post by Coren »

Oh wow and here's another year! I haven't played the game yet, but I've seen a screenshot - which was a recolored version of a Jisei CG. Just wondering, did you get permission from Sake-bento or Deji?

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#44 Post by MaiMai »

Kirroha, I'm pretty sure Wright100 has been banned from this forum so I don't think he'll be able to answer that question.

Although that's certainly a new thing, I didn't know he took a CG from Jisei. Welp.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

ArefinMizan

#45 Post by ArefinMizan »

Please reupload it.I can't find it anywhere.Thanks.