Heartful Chance

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mapletaffy
Regular

Heartful Chance

#1 Post by mapletaffy »

[Project pulled out]
Last edited by mapletaffy on Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 12 times in total.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: Heartful Chance~!

#2 Post by teacup »

It's out, it's really finally out! (゚∀゚*)ノヽ(*゚∀゚)ノ
I've been waiting for this! Good job getting it done, mapletaffy.
I'm downloading it now! ヽ(*´ー`*)ノ

mapletaffy
Regular

#3 Post by mapletaffy »

@teacup: Thank you very much teacup~~~~ ~(╥﹏╥)~*hugs* I hope there's no mistakes by this time~ (◕ . ◕)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#4 Post by Blane Doyle »

UH... This is going to sound stupid... but in the download link... where IS the download?

All I see is a "Coming Soon~! *strawberry*" image. Am I missing something here?

mapletaffy
Regular

#5 Post by mapletaffy »

@Bane Reiko: Maybe the browser cached the site so the updates is not yet visible~ You can try refreshing the page. (。◕‿◕。) There are 2 download links. . .the one is for windows. . the other is for mac and linux (。◕‿◕。)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#6 Post by Blane Doyle »

Huh, I just opened FF and it showed up. WEIRD... Chrome why does your cache seem to despise me?

Oh well, I see it now. Thanks!

mapletaffy
Regular

#7 Post by mapletaffy »

@Bane Reiko: That what makes chrome unique~ he loves caching websites~

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#8 Post by MomoiroGirl »

WEE~ I already did Kouhei's route :D I will come back when i've gotten Henri's ^o^

Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

#9 Post by Twisted-Eva »

Um... I can't get the Auto feature to run in-game? I keep clicking it and it won't automatically move the text even though I maxed out the Auto speed. It's not a minor problem but it's just a personal preference to not shorten the key/mouse's lifespan. Great animation though!

Edit: You, uh... spoiled Henri's name in the introductory scene between Eimi and Henri XD. And you spelled heroin (?) instead of heroine? There are some very minor spelling errors and misplaced grammar, but overall I enjoy the wackiness of the game though as well as its polished look.

Oh god, I just finished Kouhei's path as expected it was kinda predictable, but that's all good- we need more sugary high school tales in this fashion XD
I just went all "ASDFJLDAFJASDLFJDFOPSAF" when I found out that Henri was the DJ
Edit#2: Just finished Henri's path and I have got to say that I
was all "ASDLKRJEALFAESJFDOFJDF" as well when he confessed with a "Why spend 5 years when I can spend forever with you" and thought at first that it's so messed up he wanted to get back. And I like the kissing scene compared to Kouhei's tamed kiss-on-the-cheek scene.
Last edited by Twisted-Eva on Sat May 12, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#10 Post by Anna »

I still haven't finished a route, but I have to congratulate you; Your first game and now this one too, oh my god I can't stop laughing and smiling. It's so hyperactive again. Why can't all otome games be like this? Hahaha <3~

Cuteness and crack are my weaknesses, so this is all I can say for now, but I'll give you a better review once I've finished reading.

mapletaffy
Regular

#11 Post by mapletaffy »

@momoiro girl: Thank you for playing~(^∇^)

@Twisted-Eva: Oh.I will figure out why the auto-feature is now working. Oh my. . my spelling of heroine is wrong 0_0. . i realized that heroin is a drugs (T.T)~
I like the kissing scene with Henri too. I don't know what comes on my mind that day why I made Kouhei's kissing scene only on cheek-level.

@Anna: Thank you very much for playing~ I'm really encouraged. (^∇^)

Celestine
Veteran

#12 Post by Celestine »

Congrats on your game being completed~I downloaded! :wink:

Now I gotta clean house so can't play it yet, boo boo!!
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

kialaa
Projects: Chronophobia

#13 Post by kialaa »

I just played the game and before I say anything I have to point out the several grammar errors. I actually got used ro them after a while. Anyway in like two parts, can't remember exactly where, I was severly confused due to a her in place of a his I think.

Anyway I had a lot fun playing it even though the paths were really obvious, and it was funny and silly so I enjoyed the game overall. Can't wait to see more games by you, but now I wonder how a serious game by you would be like. o.o Oh yeah I liked Kouhei the best. :)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#14 Post by teacup »

This game is just how I expected. Simple, cute and funny. It's a good one to play when you're having a bad day, it will surely make you smile. ヽ(;▽;)ノ
There are still grammar errors and typos, but you've improved a lot since Witch Spell! Try using spell check next time, it will surely help a lot!
I can see that you worked really hard on this game. There are so many little things that make it nice and polished. I wish I could see all of the chibi scenes in the gallery, they were so cute.
Of course the story is predictable, I knew what will happen just from reading the summary xD But it's still funny and enjoyable nonetheless. Although I didn't like Kouhei much... well, it's not that I dislike him, but he could have been more special. Maybe have some more quirks to him. He just seems like such a normal guy to fall in love with. I enjoyed Henri a lot, however!
Great job! I would be interested to see you make a game with more serious moments next time, I know you can do it!
Also, I didn't have a problem with the auto feature, it works fine for me. If the auto bar is filled it won't work - filled means auto off.

Magicprincess20
Regular

#15 Post by Magicprincess20 »

Hello mapletaffy. When i start the game, I get a error,

'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 330, in script
window show
ValueError: subsurface rectangle outside surface area

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 276, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\main.py", line 354, in main
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\main.py", line 95, in run
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\execution.py", line 269, in run
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\error.py", line 96, in report_exception
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\game.py", line 289, in invoke_in_new_context
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\error.py", line 40, in call_exception_screen
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\ui.py", line 237, in interact
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\core.py", line 1798, in interact
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\core.py", line 2103, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\core.py", line 1387, in draw_screen
File "render.pyx", line 366, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4470)
File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2063)
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2325)
File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2063)
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2325)
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\screen.py", line 273, in render
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\layout.py", line 854, in render
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\layout.py", line 662, in render
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\text\text.py", line 1309, in render
ValueError: subsurface rectangle outside surface area

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.13.7.1646
Heartful Chance! 0.0

And this happend bothe the video and outen video.