That Cheap and Sacred Thing - Drama/Sci-fi

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: That Cheap and Sacred Thing - Drama/Sci-fi

#91 Post by Taleweaver »

Onionchan wrote:p.s. can you clarify the two ending cg's where one she kissing Jude before he is ruined, and then it changes to him in ruins? I thought she was bashing him with a bat... THEN kissing him? LOL
I thought that was quite simple. The two CGs show the same scene, one time from the left side, then from the right side. You cannot see the damage from one side.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

clannadman

#92 Post by clannadman »

Judging by the number of responses, this game is definitely a bit of a hit :)

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#93 Post by Snowflower »

I absolutely loved the story XD
It was beautifully written, and I am in love with Jude.

I wish there was like some sort of an after story, like in the future where Jude is revived, etc etc

Other than that, I really enjoyed it
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#94 Post by manga_otaku »

Snowflower wrote:I wish there was like some sort of an after story, like in the future where Jude is revived, etc etc
I agree.

Maybe they Autumn ends up buying the EternaLover x 2 and uploads the minidisk with Elly and Jude's datashizz on it and lives with them but then the Government or whatever governs them finds out :o

Dundunduuuuuuuunnnnn.
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#95 Post by EternalDream »

Maybe they Autumn ends up buying the EternaLover x 2 and uploads the minidisk with Elly and Jude's datashizz on it and lives with them but then the Government or whatever governs them finds out
Omg, I just thought of something crazy... what if Elly and Jude start loving eachother when that happens? xD

manga_otaku
Veteran

#96 Post by manga_otaku »

EternalDream wrote:Omg, I just thought of something crazy... what if Elly and Jude start loving eachother when that happens? xD
I don't think so - they'd be (overly) committed to Autumn and besides robots technically can't love. Autumn is kinda like a love virus in a way xD
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#97 Post by carosene »

Thank you everyone for your responses! Sorry for my late replies. o.o I've been sick and busy. Thursday and Friday I was like "Ugh... no strength to keep the computer screen from looking double..." *throws up* *passes out*
Sorry, TMI. XD Moving on!
glamsam8 wrote:Seriously, BEST.KINETIC NOVEL. EVER! I loved it, it totally made me cry. It was like watching a movie or reading a really good book. The writing was EXCELLENT! And it left me wanting more... I would really love a sequel :] I can just feel the awesomeness now
Yeah... and I posted the link on facebook so the rest of my friends can play through it ^^ Have you thought about porting this game to android or iphone/ipad?
Thank you so much! :D I'm so glad you liked it. X3

For now I'm working on my game Darlings Lost. ^-^;; Like I've been saying, I'm undecided on the sequel front.

There is an android version in development that PyTom is making except I need to get him graphic stuff which I can't do so I'm waiting on my sister to be free but that won't be until maybe tomorrow... *cries a little*
Aetheria wrote:I don't usually go for KNs, but decided to try this one after reading all the comments. I was quite impressed! The story turned out to be darker than I expected, but it was a very intriguing concept and surprisingly moving - I don't think I've played another game from the LSF community with as good a story.

I did think Autumn's friends were a bit scary, though. :P
I'm glad you gave it a try and enjoyed it! :D
(Wait, I mean, I guess it's ok if people say it's the best KN ever even though that's ridiculously high praise, but the best LSF story? XD Please don't say that, I'm gonna get taken out behind the forum and get beaten!)

Dude, they're totally scary. XD Laura S., my roommate and one of the beta-testers, was like, looking over her shoulder at me as she read that part, she's like, "It just keeps getting more and more awkward..."
Onionchan wrote:I just finished playing this, and to be honest - I'm quite surprised. It was a whole lot better than I expected :) I really enjoyed the story, and the depth you put into the perspective of both robots and humans, coexisting together and how in the end, we're so alike. It was definitely angsty, but in a good way - I was left thinking "damn. wow."

And a sequel? I look forward to it ! Well, here are just some suggestions from me.. or ideas I guess :D Since throughout the game, I was left questioning a few things of how it could've ended.. or continued. For a sequel, I guess two possibilites could be... 1. a continuation, or 2. alternate endings?

I wish the end had turned out differently, and couldn't help but wonder 'what if?' What if she had changed her mind? What if she had succumbed to her desire (or possible 'feelings') for Jude? Since it was pretty obvious that she does feel something for him.. but is it sexual desire? Or is it the beginning of love? If she had changed her mind, what would have happened? You know? :D And since they were in a hotel room... the possibles are quite... ;) ;) ;)

Or perhaps for a continuation, she'd eventually come to a point where she'd have to choose between Elly and Jude. Between friendship and love. Since she did mention 'eternal lovers' in future? Because it wouldn't be possible to have it the 'best of both worlds' =S The one thing I guess could have been improved was the art, or more backgrounds, or CG's? :D

Otherwise, great work on this visual novel, I greatly enjoyed it ! (:

p.s. can you clarify the two ending cg's where one she kissing Jude before he is ruined, and then it changes to him in ruins? I thought she was bashing him with a bat... THEN kissing him? LOL
Thanks for the compliments and sequel suggestions! :D I'm logging all my sequel suggestions away for reference when I cross that bridge.
Thanks TaleWeaver for answering the question. :)
clannadman wrote:Judging by the number of responses, this game is definitely a bit of a hit :)
o.o That blows my mind. I'm so grateful to everyone who's played it.
Snowflower wrote:I absolutely loved the story XD
It was beautifully written, and I am in love with Jude.

I wish there was like some sort of an after story, like in the future where Jude is revived, etc etc

Other than that, I really enjoyed it
Aww, thank you so much! :D
manga_otaku wrote:I agree.

Maybe they Autumn ends up buying the EternaLover x 2 and uploads the minidisk with Elly and Jude's datashizz on it and lives with them but then the Government or whatever governs them finds out :o

Dundunduuuuuuuunnnnn.
Not the government! XD Not the Jaws music! Noooo!!

Datashizz. XD That's brilliant. XD
manga_otaku wrote:
EternalDream wrote:Omg, I just thought of something crazy... what if Elly and Jude start loving eachother when that happens? xD
I don't think so - they'd be (overly) committed to Autumn and besides robots technically can't love. Autumn is kinda like a love virus in a way xD
That is an interesting idea. XD Well, when Autumn gets her EternaLover units, I guess it technically could happen since they can do whatever Autumn wants. It'd probably be like
Elly: Jude, I want to do whatever you want to do.
Jude: Well, I want to do whatever you want.
Elly: ...
Jude: ...
Elly: Let's have sex in a monster truck bed.
Jude: I like the way you think.
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

manga_otaku
Veteran

#98 Post by manga_otaku »

carosene wrote: Elly: Let's have sex in a monster truck bed.
NooooooooOooOoOOooooooo~!
*collapses*
*autumn turns up with a bat again*
Projects:

carosene
Veteran

#99 Post by carosene »

Lol, Autumn might! :lol: That'd be hilarious. There's a 4-koma comic in here somewhere.

I figured that would hurt someone's head, but I wanted to throw that out there anyway. XD Sorry!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

manga_otaku
Veteran

#100 Post by manga_otaku »

It would be an awesome 4-koma xD Well, 4-koma x2 - one with Elly and Jude and then one where Autumn is in the corner and pulls a bat out of no where :3
Projects:

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#101 Post by EternalDream »

LOOLLL omg that killed me xDD

Omnix
Regular
Completed: Am I ...

#102 Post by Omnix »

This game is great ! I LOVE IT !
Great story and style of writing, great characters ...
Playing some sequel would be really nice :3
THANKS FOR THE GAME !

carosene
Veteran

#103 Post by carosene »

For sure! :D So glad to hear you enjoyed it.
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

manga_otaku
Veteran

#104 Post by manga_otaku »

carosene wrote:For sure! :D
Is that a hint of a sequel?! :O
*hides in corner*
Projects:

Omnix
Regular
Completed: Am I ...

#105 Post by Omnix »

If your hunch is correct manga_otaku ...
I might collapse ! From happines of course !