Host Love

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#16 Post by kara24601 »

PyTom wrote:
I may put together a new area for demos and incomplete games.
Great idea. *thumbs up*

Mokenju1

#17 Post by Mokenju1 »

Hi!. It's been a while, isn't it? :roll: . I've been pretty busy with some major changes in my life (moving to London, etc,etc) and now that I've a normal life again ,or something like it, I've decided to give some attention to my game. I'm glad some people had been interested in improving the game (althought probably they have forget all about it by now :oops: ). If someone is still interested in helping me with the grammar, the graphics and all the other things that need to be improved it would be awsome. Thanks.

mokenju1
Regular

#18 Post by mokenju1 »

Well, it's finished. Thanks to DaFool and all the people who has helped me :D .
Last edited by mokenju1 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. E
Regular

#19 Post by Mr. E »

Downloading now. Expect review later... :D (Muhwahwahwah!)

EDIT: Oh. A GxB game... That was unexpected. Okay, but I've played it and I'm surprised by the number of endings in your game. 16 endings is A LOT, even for a comercial game, so congratualtions. I realized that the endings were a bit short, so a good idea for your next game is to write at least a few long endings so that the player clearly feels the diference. The endings were diferent enough, but still a bit short (as far as I could see).
I liked the fact that both of the romantic intrests were hosts. I was actually fooled twice, which tells a lot about my personality... ><
The theme was a bit... tricky and I'm afraid it was treated too lightly for my taste in the game, but hey! Different opinions aren't exactly wrong, are they? Maybe I just wasn't the right audience for the game... Well, despite my opinion on the theme, it's still a good game. Congratulations on your first release.
Last edited by Mr. E on Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#20 Post by PyTom »

I'm getting "Unsupported Method" errors when I go to extract the zip. Did you use the launcher to make the zip, or did you do it yourself?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by DaFool »

Yeah, she uses some weird method in Winzip.

I had to upgrade my Winzip to extract it.

I can rezip the package, but what folders should I keep besides /game/? /common/, /renpy/? Discard the rest?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#22 Post by PyTom »

Honestly, the way to do it would be to let Ren'Py do it for you. Modern versions of Ren'Py are fairly smart about deciding what needs to be there and what can be ignored.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by DaFool »

Well, I'm about to go since I have an appointment...but some good samaritan with the newest Winzip might extract the game, put the folder inside the Launcher, and build the distributions?

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#24 Post by Recca Phoenix »

Er, I believe this is a Windows-only game at the moment..... -_-;;;;;
too bad.

mokenju1
Regular

#25 Post by mokenju1 »

So dowloading the last version of winzip wasn't a good idea afterall :shock: . It's strange because I haven't done anything special, only "add to the zip file" like always :roll: .

I'm going to upload a rar version instead.

Ignosco
Veteran

#26 Post by Ignosco »

Congratulations, this is great fun to play :D, there's one bug I've found though...
At the restaurant when I choose 'look to the other side' (line 847 of script.rpy) I get an error... NameError: name 'renoy' is not defined

mokenju1
Regular

#27 Post by mokenju1 »

Thanks for playing it Ignosco :D . I'm going to check that bug.

One question, when I'll upload the last version or final version of the game, I'll have to delete all the older versions included the ones from the Work in progress forum?

Edit: At least it was a bug easy to correct. I typed renoy instead of renpy in one line :roll: .
Last edited by mokenju1 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#28 Post by mikey »

I'm very glad this project is being finalized. Congratulations! Do we have your permission to add it to the Ren'Ai Archiveswhen you post the final version?

I'll have to take this home with me and play, so I'll send in comments later. :P

mokenju1
Regular

#29 Post by mokenju1 »

[quote="mikey"]I'm very glad this project is being finalized. Congratulations! Do we have your permission to add it to the Ren'Ai Archiveswhen you post the final version?

Of course you can :D . I'm glad that you want to add it although it has such awful grafics :oops: .

mokenju1
Regular

#30 Post by mokenju1 »

Mr. E wrote:Downloading now. Expect review later... :D (Muhwahwahwah!)

EDIT: Oh. A GxB game... That was unexpected. Okay, but I've played it and I'm surprised by the number of endings in your game. 16 endings is A LOT, even for a comercial game, so congratualtions. I realized that the endings were a bit short, so a good idea for your next game is to write at least a few long endings so that the player clearly feels the diference. The endings were diferent enough, but still a bit short (as far as I could see).
I liked the fact that both of the romantic intrests were hosts. I was actually fooled twice, which tells a lot about my personality... ><
The theme was a bit... tricky and I'm afraid it was treated too lightly for my taste in the game, but hey! Different opinions aren't exactly wrong, are they? Maybe I just wasn't the right audience for the game... Well, despite my opinion on the theme, it's still a good game. Congratulations on your first release.
Thanks for playing it and for your review :D .

Yes, the theme could had been really "angsty" if I had taken the serious path. It's not like I have anything against the really dramatic stories, but when I wrote the script of this game I only wished to make a funny little story. In fact I was not planning at first to do so many endings, and that's probably the reason that they are a little too short. So you were fooled twice :lol: . I hope my next game will be more of your taste. It would be directed to a wider audience :wink: .