(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#211 Post by teacup »

@Elze
Ahaha, that’s true XD I just love it so much I put it on my desktop, lol <33 Thanks again!
Glad you’re looking forward to my next project!!

@lazykitsune
About the error, make sure you have the newest version of the game. If you still get an error... Haruhi's route has really given me some grief XD;
Thank you so much! :) Glad you liked it.

@Alinka909
That's strange :shock:
Did you have anything in your autosave by chance...?

@Kahtita
Oh, how nice *w* I didn’t know she’d recommended my game to others, so thanks to her if she happens to read this :]
Ohh, and the details! Since you put the honorifics in the game... I can say that i observed that Kaius would always call her "Kazuoki" at first, "disrespectfully". Then after she confessed, he started calling her "Kazuoki-san", with the due respect, as if he was actually afraid to lose her or something if he didn't treat her well. Of course, later he started to call her "Marin", but that small detail of the honorifics made me love the game even more! <3
Yay!! I’m so happy someone noticed this detail, I thought it was really important to Kaius’ character… he never uses honorifics for anyone, except for Marin in the end. ;w; Because his respects and loves her more than anyone else <3
You’re very observant, I appreciate that :'D
I have one small critic, tough. More like a doubt, actually. Kaius and Marin went on a date on Saturday. Then Marin lost her powers at Tuesday and had to go home. She arrives home Tuesday at the evening, but it the scene seems to suddenly jump to "a boring Friday night" in her bedroom. The Kaius appears. So what i have to say is that if the days are really supposed to those, then Kaius is a jerk for not visiting her earlier, or at least see her off, haha.
Ah, that’s a mistake on my part, actually… Kaius was supposed to come visit Marin the night she was expelled. I should probably fix that, since it makes Kaius seem like a jerk when he’s really not D8;;
I'm a bit sad because you said you shortened the script, i wouldn't mind if it was longer. But hey, you did the game yourself and it's free, nobody can complain! Specially since it's your first game, right?
Yeah, the original script is about 100,000 words. It has a lot of unnessary things in it, pointless sentneces or events that don't really improve the game. That’s why I removed it ^^;
Overall, this game seemed like a very professional work to me, albeit the few inconsistences here and there that other people pointed out. But that doesn't really make the game less enjoyable. The game flows nicely and you actually put a lot of choices, it's way better than raising status. That would be really boring. Anyway, congratulations on finishing it! :3
;A; <33 Thank you for leaving such a long (and positive!) review!! –sends lots of love-

@Renpao
Oh my goodness! You've played 999 too?! I think you just earned my love right there~! ;w; <-- loves Snake and Snake/Clover sibling love
Oh yes!! <33 999 easily takes the spot as my favorite DS game (possibly even my favorite visual novel). I invested so many hours into it, I think I didn’t leave my room for days until I beat it XD I honestly loved every character in that game (except the antagonists, of course), but Snake was probably my favorite (and Junpei… I love him ;A;). And this has nothing to do with Planets so I’m stopping now X’DD
Oh my goodness! So he is really the canon route?! xDDD This is the first time I've seen the hidden character/non-main romanceable character gets to be canon, so I'm rather impressed at how well you seamlessly pulled it! Vvv
Ahaha yep he is XDDD After all, Haruhi loved Marin the whole game, and never stopped. ^^
Here's hoping we could do a collab together someday! <333 *gets shot*

;A; I-I would be honored, honestly <3
A-Also, this might sound stalker-ish, b-but it says "(P)lanets - life of happiness has started" under your list of projects...
Could this be that Planets sequel that everyone's been asking/waiting for?! xD
Here's hoping it's like a fandisk of some sort of the characters in the original game, but seeing as the poll on your dev blog has more people wanting new characters instead that might not be the case. ;w; Either way I'll still play it! vvvv
Oh, someone finally noticed it. >w>;
Heh heh, maybe there’s gonna be a sequel in the future~~~~ (is really bad at being secretive XDD)
I’m kind of shocked that most people want new characters. Actually, when I made the poll I thought ‘no sequel’ would definitely be the most popular choice. XD; So I’m actually really surprised!!
Seems like a lot of people want the original characters too, though. Truth is, I have no idea how to continue the original story. I feel like most of the story is pretty 'wrapped up' and that since Marin's powers are gone... what else could I write about? o_o Lovey dovey married life with your psychic husband? (Feel free to give some ideas, my brain is a little bit fried at this point so I need help XD)
(Everyone please go vote on the poll, by the way 8D)

@Onionchan
Ah, thanks so much for the comments :D! I’m so glad you liked it!
I guess the only thing that I didn't like was some of the inconsistencies throughout. Some of the cg's were differently drawn than others, like colour and shading - and the contrast was definitely there. Perhaps you had completed them at two different times? Also, when you reused some of the scenes to save time, it didn't tie up with the plot/path you chose.
Yeah, that’s been pointed out many times. Also I started the production of this game 2 years ago, so a couple of CGs are that old XDD;;
I also felt that their dialogue wasn't interesting, but I suppose it's just Lucan's character. It was mostly just them being embarrassed/lovey dovey over the other, or blushing.
Lucan’s path was hardest for me to write, for sure. I can admit, I had trouble thinking of events/dialogue for them. Guess it showed. =w=;;;

Anyway, thank you for playing :) <3

@tuna_sushi
Noo, another person got the error D8< -flips desk-
Oginuma didn't act and look like his wife was dead....
Well Kaius' mom died many years ago. Oginuma-sensei had to get over it eventually; you can't be sad about those things forever ;w;
Thanks for playing! :)

@Deji
Thank you so much! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#212 Post by Riviera »

I voted for new characters mostly because of the reason you mentioned..
Marin's no longer psychic
and her story's been wrapped up.

The school is a really interesting place, though, and there are a lot of other potential powers to be shown and used, so why not another game set there? :mrgreen:

It'd be nice if the original cast made cameos occasionally, though... like if you bumped into Marin while in town, or one of the guys on your way to class or someplace on school grounds in general.
Ryuu graduates normally so he'd be around a while after Marin left, Lucan may have to move stuff from his dorm (which might take a few trips), although seeing him in town might make more sense, and Kaius still has his dad there so he might go see him once in a while.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#213 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

teacup wrote:Oh, someone finally noticed it. >w>;
Heh heh, maybe there’s gonna be a sequel in the future~~~~ (is really bad at being secretive XDD)
I’m kind of shocked that most people want new characters. Actually, when I made the poll I thought ‘no sequel’ would definitely be the most popular choice. XD; So I’m actually really surprised!!
Seems like a lot of people want the original characters too, though. Truth is, I have no idea how to continue the original story. I feel like most of the story is pretty 'wrapped up' and that since Marin's powers are gone... what else could I write about? o_o Lovey dovey married life with your psychic husband? (Feel free to give some ideas, my brain is a little bit fried at this point so I need help XD)
I voted for new characters since Marin's story is pretty much complete (unless you want to be lazy and say her powers came back due to some freak-of-nature-thing happening). I was thinking that the sequel could follow the tale of a student who was born with her powers the natural way. Kaius-sama could be the new principal of Planets by this time, with Lucan-sama and Ryuu-sama being some of the new teachers at school. Marin could make a cameo appearance at town, but that's optional.

So the new heroine basically attends Planets and survives the onslaught of quirkiness that is the school (I'm looking at you, P.E. class!) while romancing the boys. It would be more coding work on your part, but bonus points to you if you allow the player to choose which psych the heroine has. BTW, I will rejoice if one of the new boys has glasses, because that's hot ;)
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#214 Post by teacup »

All right, might as well make it official. There will be a sequel. XD /dies
Riviera wrote:The school is a really interesting place, though, and there are a lot of other potential powers to be shown and used, so why not another game set there? :mrgreen:

It'd be nice if the original cast made cameos occasionally, though...
Mmhmm, this is pretty much an exact echo of what I was thinking. :) I feel like I didn't use Planets (the school) to its full potential, so I definitely want to explore it a bit more! Not to mention, there are a ton of psychic powers that I didn't use in the first game!
And don't worry. The original guys will show up too. I'm too attached to them to replace them XD
Rewritten Ennui wrote:I voted for new characters since Marin's story is pretty much complete (unless you want to be lazy and say her powers came back due to some freak-of-nature-thing happening). I was thinking that the sequel could follow the tale of a student who was born with her powers the natural way. Kaius-sama could be the new principal of Planets by this time, with Lucan-sama and Ryuu-sama being some of the new teachers at school. Marin could make a cameo appearance at town, but that's optional.
Yeah, I think there's no reason to continue Marin's story anymore. It would be more interesting to have a new MC, who was born with her powers. So, pretty much just what you said. But I think I'd rather Kaius, Ryuu and Lucan be seniors at the school rather than teachers/principal (I can't even imagine my boys that old ;A;"")
It would be more coding work on your part, but bonus points to you if you allow the player to choose which psych the heroine has.
That... would be incredibly hard. I can't even fathom! @A@;;
I actually already have an idea for a psych in mind that I think would be pretty cool. Maybe I'll include a button on the textbox called 'Psych', that whenever the player presses it, they can make the MC use her power... though it wouldn't be enabled at all times. ^^; (Like in Pokemon, when you try to ride your bike at an inappropriate place, the MC will automatically say 'there's a time and place for everything! But not now'.)
BTW, I will rejoice if one of the new boys has glasses, because that's hot ;)
I started to design the guys earlier today (I'm thinking there's gonna be four guys this time around) and one of them has glasses! Rejoice! :D

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#215 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

teacup wrote:But I think I'd rather Kaius, Ryuu and Lucan be seniors at the school rather than teachers/principal (I can't even imagine my boys that old ;A;"")
Hm... seniors? I guess that could work, plus you wouldn't have to redesign them completely. Although, would Lucan-sama still have his fanclub? LOL if you could join it >:3
teacup wrote:I started to design the guys earlier today (I'm thinking there's gonna be four guys this time around) and one of them has glasses! Rejoice! :D
You just made my day c: Please don't make him a jerk with a heart of gold though; we get enough of those already. Not that I hate those kinds of characters (I usually love them the most, hehe), but it'd be a nice change of pace. I am so looking forward to this! *runs away fangirling like mad*
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

#216 Post by NatsukiDeath »

OH giggling Joy!~
squeal!~

That will be absolutely adorable!
Good luck yet again on the your psychic quest of otome games~ OvO

Kahtita

#217 Post by Kahtita »

Thanks for replying, Teacup. :D

So anyway, i voted for a sequel with the old characters... But that's more fitting if you wanted to remake the game, i suppose.
I guess that a totally new game in (P)lanets will be great too.
As long as the main character is the daughter of Kaius and Marin - hahaha (But wouldn't she be a cute redhead? :wink: )

Well, seriously, i don't know if putting the old boys in the new game is that easy. Haruhi might be cannon, but i think the old game cannot interfere too much in the new one, that is, whatever ending i got in the old one shouldn't make a difference in the story of the new one. I don't know if that's really possible, considering that Lucan got expelled and Kaius went to Yasuragi. If they appear at (P)lanets again, i think it would feel unrealistic for us Lucan's and Kaius' fans. :cry:

On the other hand, i'm sure you'll be able to handle this, you're pretty creative, after all. :)
Also, Riviera's ideas are pretty good examples on how to solve this. ^^
I'm sure everything will fall into place!
And i can't deny that i'd love to see the guys again, event hotter this time. :lol:

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#218 Post by Riviera »

Yeah.. my suggestions were along the lines of what Kahtita said. So that no matter what ending a player got, they'd feel a small sense of being acknowledged.
Besides, Lucan being caught and expelled and Kaius leaving the school both have a chance of happening even without Marin's input.

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#219 Post by RemnantDream »

teacup wrote: Oh, someone finally noticed it. >w>;
Warning: Stupidity often results when I offer ideas.

Let's see..

The MC could be one of Lucan's sisters, since their family is psychic. That way, the original characters could also be involved and could play an important part in it if needed. That way, the originals could be seniors and the girl like a freshman or something.

Or.. you could follow Rui after Marin got expelled and see how she is affected by it. Like Riviera said,
Lucan could be expelled because the principal found out, Ryuu could have to leave because of his condition, and Kaius could leave out of boredom, so it wouldn't really matter who Marin ended up with. And, she wouldn't be obsessed with Lucan so she could fall in love with someone else.
I think it'd be interesting to see how everything that happened in the original affected what happened later on in Planets.

Yeaahh.. I have random ideas from time to time >_> These aren't very good, but at least, I think they would be interesting.
FEEL FREE TO IGNORE MY NONSENSICAL RAMBLING 8D

Yay sequel <3

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#220 Post by Mickychi »

Hmmm... I voted for new characters but another Idea if you wanted to keep the old characters would be to make Marin get her powers back again (Could be a different psychic, also it doesn't mean she has to be the MC of the game this time) and with that you could introduce new characters and love interests, and go further into depth about the light Marin saw when she was unconcious.

Anyway that was just a Idea, can't wait to see what the sequel does be about! :D
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#221 Post by teacup »

Well, I want everyone to be able to play the second game, even if they didn't play the first game. But I understand that players of the original need to be acknowledged too. So... if we’re going to say that every ending in the 1st game applies to the 2nd game, here's how I see it: It could take place one year after the first. Kaius, although he moved to Marin’s town, would still help out his dad sometimes. He wouldn't be a student... but kind of like a part-time assistant at Planets. And of course, Ryuu never left Planets. Lucan, really, is the only one who won't have any cameo since he gets expelled. Or hey... maybe Lucan comes back to school after taking a year off, to continue his education. Oginuma-sensei is a pretty understanding, lenient principal after all. Sound good, or no? :) Would you guys really want Marin to have a cameo, too..?
Thanks for giving me your input, everyone! ^^
Rewritten Ennui wrote:You just made my day c: Please don't make him a jerk with a heart of gold though; we get enough of those already. Not that I hate those kinds of characters (I usually love them the most, hehe), but it'd be a nice change of pace. I am so looking forward to this! *runs away fangirling like mad*
Ahaha, he's not like that at all, no worries. XD
I don't know if the 2nd game should have a 'tsundere' guy again... I think people will probably end up comparing him to Kaius. :c

RemnantDream wrote:Yeaahh.. I have random ideas from time to time >_> These aren't very good, but at least, I think they would be interesting.
FEEL FREE TO IGNORE MY NONSENSICAL RAMBLING 8D
These aren't bad ideas! I just want to have an entirely new MC, who isn't so closely related to the original characters. Plus I think a lot of people hate Ruiko, so XDD

@Natsukideath
Thanks ^^

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#222 Post by Riviera »

teacup wrote:Well, I want everyone to be able to play the second game, even if they didn't play the first game. But I understand that players of the original need to be acknowledged too. So... if we’re going to say that every ending in the 1st game applies to the 2nd game, here's how I see it: It could take place one year after the first. Kaius, although he moved to Marin’s town, would still help out his dad sometimes. He wouldn't be a student... but kind of like a part-time assistant at Planets. And of course, Ryuu never left Planets. Lucan, really, is the only one who won't have any cameo since he gets expelled. Or hey... maybe Lucan comes back to school after taking a year off, to continue his education. Oginuma-sensei is a pretty understanding, lenient principal after all. Sound good, or no? :) Would you guys really want Marin to have a cameo, too..?
Sounds good to me! I picture it possibly being a bit like this, if you do put in a Marin cameo..

New!MC is walking around town, and bumps into Marin while wearing her school uniform.

Marin: Ahh! Sorry, are you okay? Oh, do you go to Pl.. ahhh I mean Yasuragi?
New!MC: Wh-what? What were you going to say?
Marin: Ummm... forget it, I just misspoke.. oh, I really should be going... I'm sorry again for bumping into you! *runs off*
New!MC: That was.. strange...

She never is formally introduced, so new players probably wouldn't miss anything, and it wouldn't give away much, but it'd let us see her again while not really taking the spotlight away from the new!mc.

Just an idea, though. I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever you decide. :)

Tenxinori
Regular
Completed: Pure Tears (GxB Otome)

#223 Post by Tenxinori »

Riviera wrote:
teacup wrote:Well, I want everyone to be able to play the second game, even if they didn't play the first game. But I understand that players of the original need to be acknowledged too. So... if we’re going to say that every ending in the 1st game applies to the 2nd game, here's how I see it: It could take place one year after the first. Kaius, although he moved to Marin’s town, would still help out his dad sometimes. He wouldn't be a student... but kind of like a part-time assistant at Planets. And of course, Ryuu never left Planets. Lucan, really, is the only one who won't have any cameo since he gets expelled. Or hey... maybe Lucan comes back to school after taking a year off, to continue his education. Oginuma-sensei is a pretty understanding, lenient principal after all. Sound good, or no? :) Would you guys really want Marin to have a cameo, too..?
Sounds good to me! I picture it possibly being a bit like this, if you do put in a Marin cameo..

New!MC is walking around town, and bumps into Marin while wearing her school uniform.

Marin: Ahh! Sorry, are you okay? Oh, do you go to Pl.. ahhh I mean Yasuragi?
New!MC: Wh-what? What were you going to say?
Marin: Ummm... forget it, I just misspoke.. oh, I really should be going... I'm sorry again for bumping into you! *runs off*
New!MC: That was.. strange...

She never is formally introduced, so new players probably wouldn't miss anything, and it wouldn't give away much, but it'd let us see her again while not really taking the spotlight away from the new!mc.

Just an idea, though. I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever you decide. :)
Masteridea O.O

Aileo
Regular
Projects: Unnamed short project
Organization: [ctrl] + minds

#224 Post by Aileo »

I don't dislike Ruiko. She has a refreshing personality to me. Airheaded and a bit of a psycho! (no offense :wink:) I think my favorite ending is Kaius'. But I will tell you that I played Ryuu's last after finding out why he was so antagonistic to him! :evil: I like the music, it's light and airy like the game. The scenarios were very interesting and I would really enjoy the sequel when you make it. Cheers!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#225 Post by teacup »

Riviera, that’s brilliant! XD Seriously, if you don’t mind, I’ll definitely use that in my game… with due credit, of course. That’s such a great idea, haha!
@Aileo
Thanks so much! I’m glad you liked it! ^^

Well, I recommend you guys check out my blog. There’s plenty of info about the sequel over there. /shameless plug