[SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Stargirl18
Regular

Re: [SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

#16 Post by Stargirl18 »

Okey Thank you for your answer. Im stuck in the start of the game. Where i moust pick between three robots. How can i go past that?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#17 Post by Taleweaver »

Easy. Pick all of the robots once, to get information on what these robots are. Then choose a robot, pick a location on the map (or an action for the robot) and move the robot to your chosen location.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

facades
Regular

#18 Post by facades »

This is amazing!
I love the opening and the voice of Aire!
The story is really interesting, especially for Erika's path which explains many mysteries behind the civilization.
So far I've only managed to get three endings: two bad ends and Erika's good end.
It took me quite a while to finally get a good end..
-edit-
I was just about to ask you if there was a walkthrough or a guide I could follow. :P
But I'll be patient and try to figure things out before the end of Jan. (:
Thanks for this game! :D

IchigoNeko

#19 Post by IchigoNeko »

Thanks for the help. So far I have Erika's normal and Minako's sad...hm...

mangakaluna
Regular
Projects: Adrift (Artist)

#20 Post by mangakaluna »

I'm glad you're enjoying the game :D

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#21 Post by Sapphi »

You're the artist, right, mangakaluna? If so, I would just like to say congratulations on drawing the utterly adorable Minako... I'm all hnnnnnnnnnnngh every time she smiles ^0^

So far, I've gotten three endings, none of which have been good. I know for sure I'm going to need a walkthrough to get all of them ^_^;
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mangakaluna
Regular
Projects: Adrift (Artist)

#22 Post by mangakaluna »

Sapphi wrote:You're the artist, right, mangakaluna? If so, I would just like to say congratulations on drawing the utterly adorable Minako... I'm all hnnnnnnnnnnngh every time she smiles ^0^
Yep, I'm the artist! >u< Thank you!! It's my first time having my artwork used for a game, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

IchigoNeko

#23 Post by IchigoNeko »

mangakaluna wrote:
Sapphi wrote:You're the artist, right, mangakaluna? If so, I would just like to say congratulations on drawing the utterly adorable Minako... I'm all hnnnnnnnnnnngh every time she smiles ^0^
Yep, I'm the artist! >u< Thank you!! It's my first time having my artwork used for a game, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Ahh! :D I didn't realize...anyway, I agree about MInako! I like Erika's design as well--she's very calm-looking and dignified.

CombatEye
Regular

#24 Post by CombatEye »

I just finished the game. All 16/16. (I did need the tip mentioned earlier for Minako's normal and good endings though.) :D

First off, it was really great and unique! The sense of immersion was palpable, I found myself delightfully lost in the story of Bluetide. The animations worked well. I thought that they added a lot to the VN overall. Hinami's in particular were just priceless. I found the Supervisor to mirror what I as feeling as the player surprisingly well. I enjoyed Minako and Erika's routes the most. DRU was hands-down my favorite non-human.
To my surprise, I was actually a bit sad when DRU got smashed in Hinami's route.
At the moment I can only think of two minor criticisms, if you could call them that:

1. I think Hinami's text color should be different. In scenes when Hinami and Sachiko were talking, the colors seemed too similar for me to quickly indentify which character was speaking.

2. I don't know about other people, but I didn't find the ending list in the extras for a long time (maybe 9/16?). After I found it, it was a lot easier to figure out what to look for next. Maybe something could be added to make it more obvious that the player should click there in the extras menu?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#25 Post by PyTom »

Finally beat the last ending - the harem ending. I'll admit that I cheated more than a little bit to get to the final ending - but I've already spent several days on this game. I'll comment again when I have time to think these over, but let me just say I've been recommending this game to everyone I know - or at least, everyone who I think would appreciate a good science fiction story.

What's the best place to link people to in order to download the game? The blog, this thread, or somewhere else?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#26 Post by Fawn »

Wow, I suck at this game haha... I keep scaring off all the girls. Maybe I need sleep.

Anyways, I love the atmosphere you gave this game. Like I said, I suck at the game so I haven't actually gotten much interactions with the girls -
In fact, I had no idea what to do next since I lost the communication robot in the factory; so I ended up welding all the life forms with ECU...
- but the simulation of being blind except for incoming data is really neat. The robots are very endearing, they remind me of the cores in Portal (but maybe a little more serious haha).

The soundtrack fits well. I have most of the music you've used in my own music library (Aeon's album Miracle, correct?) and I always wondered what kind of game it would fit best. And, luckily, you got a hold of it and used it perfectly for this game. :D

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#27 Post by Taleweaver »

PyTom wrote:What's the best place to link people to in order to download the game? The blog, this thread, or somewhere else?
IndieDB. It's the only way I can see the number of downloads :)

And thanks for your thumbs-up! Coming from you, that's something I can brag with!
More about me in my blog

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#28 Post by Taleweaver »

Fawn wrote:The soundtrack fits well. I have most of the music you've used in my own music library (Aeon's album Miracle, correct?) and I always wondered what kind of game it would fit best. And, luckily, you got a hold of it and used it perfectly for this game. :D
Most of it is from Miracle. There are a few pieces from other Aeon albums, and the title piece is an original from Mihel/malorisdead.
More about me in my blog

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#29 Post by PyTom »

Fawn wrote:Wow, I suck at this game haha... I keep scaring off all the girls. Maybe I need sleep.
I don't know how many girls take well to being welded. Some might take it better than others. :-)
I'm not sure how many spoilers to give here. After a few paths that lead to minako's bad ending, I wound up going down to the script level and cheating my way through the game. In retrospect, with a few exceptions, there are a couple of obvious cues to help you through both parts of the game - but it's not clear how discoverable those cues are.
FAD is way more useful than he looks.
DRU is still more awesome, though.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#30 Post by Taleweaver »

PyTom wrote:I'm not sure how many spoilers to give here.
If possible, please keep spoilers to a minimum. I'm willing to give everybody who needs a hint or two help via PM, but I wouldn't like it if this here became some sort of "Adrift Gamefaqs" thread. I want this game to be explored and unraveled, very much like a classic adventure.
More about me in my blog