UPDATE! The walkthrough
is now up for those who are stuck in the game, or just wanna get all the endings. ^^
You will be playing as a teenage girl who is returning to her hometown for a summer vacation after nine long years. She rekindles old friendships and makes new ones, while reminiscing about the past. Her grandmother tells her that she has to find a date for the upcoming town festival, or else she will be set up with a guy she doesn't even know. Will she manage to choose a guy, or will she be forced to be partnered up with a stranger? Will she even go to the dance at all?
is a short GxB, slice of life visual novel set in the Philippines.
- a 16-year-old who transferred to the country's capital when she was 7. She left behind a lot of things, including the people she loved the most. Now that she's back, it's up to her to make for all the lost time.
- Always the big brother type, Arvin is one of Casey's closest friends. He is the one who always supported her whenever she needed help.
- If Casey had a twin, then it's probably going to be James. He and Casey have known each other since birth, having lived beside each other for as long as they could remember.
- Casey's childhood bestfriend and secret crush. After nine long years of not seeing each other, Mark has suddenly changed from being a fun-loving kid into a serious and distant young man.
- Arvin's friend and groupmate. He's going away to college at the end of summer.
- Luz is Casey's closest girl friend. She is bubbly and and very naive.
- James' crush and Mark's ex girlfriend. She and Casey never became friends when they were younger.
I decided to take a short break from Seasons Of Love. Just a week-long break. Since I was stuck on one part, I decided that it was time to take a short rest from that story in order to refresh my mind and also to think up of new ideas. Also, I wanted to familiarize myself with Ren'Py!
However, after playing Nacira, I was inspired to create another visual novel! ^_^
I just thought, "I like Nacira because the maker (Ngareci) included Javanese culture in it. Why not make a visual novel set in the Philippines?" And so... tada~! My first release, the visual novel Summer Paradise was born. (Although I am not proud to say I failed to show much of Filipino culture here.)The game contains 4,000 dialogue blocks, containing 30,360 words and 163,762
characters, for an average of 7.6 words and 41 characters per block.The game contains 24 menus, 80 images, and 12 screens.
Okay, I have to admit, it's fairly long for a "short" visual novel, but it's certainly a lot shorter than Seasons of Love. I really enjoyed making this game. ^_^ It's just so fun to make visual novels that are set in your own hometown. :3 I actually kinda based the whole game on my life. Hahaha. But the bottom line is, making this was really so much fun.
At first, the plot wasn't so serious, just a simple "Who will I dance with?" story, but as I wrote it, I got so many ideas that it got somehow complicated. Please tell me if the story is not clear enough, or if I some parts didn't make sense.
I had a lot of flags in this visual novel since I tried to match the player's reactions and statements based on the events that happened to them. =) The way I routed this VN is very different from SOL and this is my first time to program a visual novel to the end. ^^ I'd like to know what are the many things I can improve on. (And I know there are lots and lots! Especially with the paths, and the writing. Is it boring? Too weird, confusing or something?)
I apologize in advance for any mistake you might see. Sometimes my thoughts just run all over the place. Also, I'm so sorry for being melodramatic.
Since this was just a week long project though, I got all of the art and sounds from free resources.
All I really contributed to this project was the writing. =) Oh, and Itwasneveradream
was super duper nice! <3 She's the one who made the logo. :")
Like I said, I got all the art and music from free resources. These are not mine, okay, guys?
All these awesome art belong to their respectful owners. They may not know me, but still, I thank them so much for all of these!
Sprites: From BASSnovel, by 櫻野露
Music: Noveler's Material
, Kevin MacLeod (I know it's discouraged, but I like some of his tracks... ^_^)
I hope you guys check it out! And please, tell me what you think? ^_^ (Nicely, I hope. Hahaha.)
Thank you very much~!Download for Windows!Download for Mac!Download for Linux!