Hierofanía

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

Re: Hierofanía

#61 Post by ludeshka »

effenelle wrote:anoo...i'm sorry, but i can't download your game from mediafire nor megaupload because of my restricted internet connection...would you please upload it somewhere else, maybe in this forum itself? sorry if i'm troubling you ;_;
It's no trouble, I actually want people to play this, so you're making me happy by asking for a way to play. :)

So, How about Dropbox?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1txdxii9rj2q6 ... .5-all.zip

effenelle
Regular
Projects: Un:Wanted [GxB]
Deviantart: effenelle

#62 Post by effenelle »

ludeshka wrote:
effenelle wrote:anoo...i'm sorry, but i can't download your game from mediafire nor megaupload because of my restricted internet connection...would you please upload it somewhere else, maybe in this forum itself? sorry if i'm troubling you ;_;
It's no trouble, I actually want people to play this, so you're making me happy by asking for a way to play. :)

So, How about Dropbox?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1txdxii9rj2q6 ... .5-all.zip
thank you so much! i really appreciate it :D

I'm glad i could play it! i really enjoy the main character, Crocket.
Her
dialogues are witty and it makes me laugh. I would love to see and know more of
her

I'm not really in favor of the art, though don't get discouraged by this (maybe I'm more comfortable with manga styled drawings). Your art is special and unique in its own way, and I feel it really fits the theme of your story. I also like the background of the NVL mode early in the game, which is beautiful and fits perfectly :)

Other than that, just a bit problem with the font. The Ellis Miralls (sorry if I got the name wrong) seems like E11is Mira11s, since the 'l' resembles '1'. Also, there's one dialogue which somehow ran over the click-to-continue symbol that might require a bit right-padding, although it doesn't really disturb the game. (i kind of get too picky, sorry ==") And also I noticed, the word cliche' (with the symbol above the e) appears as a box. Maybe the font doesn't recognize that.
cliche
cliche
Another thing is, almost at the end of the Stranger's ending where you started to use NVL mode, the text at bottom cannot be read as it's outside the screen. Here's the screenshot:
out of screen
out of screen
That said, I look forward to Hierofania 2! I want to know more about Utrecht (sp?) and other gods, and I want to know more about Crocket of course! Thank you so much for making this game :D
Un:Wanted (GxB)
A game made from free resources found in LemmaSoft's Creative Commons!
\(^▽^)/
Thanks everyone!

acerbicTomes

#63 Post by acerbicTomes »

I loved this game! Crocket's personality and speaking style was excellent, the concept was unique and I love every ending to bits, basically. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#64 Post by WickedRaccoon »

This was a really interesting game. I liked it a lot! Is there going to be a sequel? Cause Mr. Nameless-dude did leave a few questions behind...
(I'm too lazy to read the whole thread..So if you did mention something about it,skip this.. :'D)

Einara
Regular

#65 Post by Einara »

That was absolutely amazing! I enjoyed every second of it. I especially liked Douglas and Deedra. The hoity toity-ness and refined design really gets to me every time. Top that off with awesome mirror magic.

I would love to see this fantasy world expanded sometime in the future.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#66 Post by ririruetoo »

I just finished a few play throughs, and I have to say this game is really amazing: art, story, music, I love all of them. Are you still working on and planning to release a sequel?
ImageImageImage

ludeshka
Veteran

#67 Post by ludeshka »

effenelle wrote:
Effenelle, thanks a lot for your comments. The truth is I never caught that dialogue that goes past the end of the screen! (That's kind of embarrasing, sorry O_O). I do like the font a lot, but I will try to find a new font for the sequel, I mean, the font being readable is a basic thing, I should have known better.

Again, thanks a lot for your input, and I'm glad you could enjoy the game. :)

WickedRaccoon wrote:This was a really interesting game. I liked it a lot! Is there going to be a sequel? Cause Mr. Nameless-dude did leave a few questions behind...
ririruetoo wrote:I just finished a few play throughs, and I have to say this game is really amazing: art, story, music, I love all of them. Are you still working on and planning to release a sequel?
I am absolutely working on and planning the sequel. (Look! Screenshots below!)
I just don't want to make a WIP topic until I have a demo for everyone to play!
Um, it's going to take a long while though, remember I'm working alone ^^

Thank you so much for the support!
Attachments
h2 demo screenshots :)
h2 demo screenshots :)

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#68 Post by ririruetoo »

Hi! I've been trying to get the 7th ending for the longest time, and I've had no luck. Is there any advice someone can give me?
ImageImageImage

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#69 Post by Lire »

Waa.. where's the 7 ending.
My novice luck must have been running out.. TT
And i make small review about it.
http://scan-vn.blogspot.com/2013/09/hierofania.html
Good job and thanks for this vn. :D
Not enough time..
Or i'm a genius in wasting time.. :lol:

LukanFox

#70 Post by LukanFox »

Could you point out how to reach ending 7? I've reached all the other endings, but I can't figure out which things affect the 7th path.

This sorta thing is why I'm kinda happy that Virtue's Last Reward (for those who've played it and know what I'm talking about) has the Flow chart system.
Why did I start this game of life & death where logic & emotion are twisted & blended together into an endless spiral of hope & despair? ...

Well, for starters, I kinda like the taste of the souls of the dead, but, no, seriously, the real reason was coz' I thought that watching and learning what you petty humans would do in this kind of situation would keep me entertained for a few years!

Having said that, if you lot had stopped and thought about why you were really killing each other, you could have easily disrupted my game; you just never cared to do so...

ludeshka
Veteran

#71 Post by ludeshka »

Hi! Thank you for playing Hierofanía.

This is a walkthrough on how to get the 7th ending, a.k.a "the True Ending"
Don't ask about the stranger's crime until the end of the game. Stop Douglas and Dee from bothering Murphy. HELL YEAH you want to get that mission. Nobody picks the lock. Get Douglas out of that cage. Open the coffin. In the mirror you see the face of a Knight. Only ask about the stranger's crime once you're both out of the ruins
Hope you enjoy it! :)

little_raven

#72 Post by little_raven »

ludeshka wrote:Sorry about the grammar, though. English is not my first language. I guess it shows O_O

Not really, but the scene names in the save/load screen were in spanish so... :D

Great game btw, would love to see more of your work :wink: Also,
carving ending is happy ending

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#73 Post by unknown5 »

looks interesting! =)

edit: enjoyed the characters, dialogue, story, and art very much! going through the different endings revealed interesting facets of the characters/history. a lot of depth and thought.

just curious, are there any fantasy titles you enjoy or find influential?
information wants to be free, yo.

ludeshka
Veteran

#74 Post by ludeshka »

unknown5 wrote:looks interesting! =)

edit: enjoyed the characters, dialogue, story, and art very much! going through the different endings revealed interesting facets of the characters/history. a lot of depth and thought.

just curious, are there any fantasy titles you enjoy or find influential?
Hey, thanks so much for playing! :D

If by fantasy titles you mean visual novels, then WINTER SHAAAAAAAARD!!!!!
http://renai.us/game/wintershard.shtml
If you haven't played it already, it's here, try it out, odds are you'll really like it!
I wouldn't have started Hierofanía were it not for Winter Shard!

If you meant just fantasy in general then, I really admire George R.R Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire (you know, the Game of Throne books) but I would never compare my writing to his! (I know I could never inflict such suffering!)
I am also a passionate fan of older rpgs like Saga Frontier 2, the suikoden games, and Final fantasies 9, 7, 6, 4 and 2 (I am very particular about my ffs)
It'd be a dream for me to get to make a real epic rpg.

In the meantime, Hierofanía (and hierofanía 2!) will do. :)

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

#75 Post by shortycake »

<sub>Wooot! Finished this game in one night! (~ ^ 7 ^ )~

I really really love the art!~
It's so pretty [cuz I love sketchy art] and the colors are so cool!~ *bows down*

I got the last ending on my first try [the 7th ending] I was like "whoaaaaa!" X9
tho my fave ending is ending 4
when MC become fugitive too and they run away
Hnnnnnn It's so cute and sweet FRIENDSHIP FOREVER MAN!!! X'DD

Thanks for making such a wonderful game like this!~ ^ 3 ^)/