Hierofanía

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
RainRhythm
Completed: None atm :c
Projects: Ideas stage :D

Re: Hierofanía

#76 Post by RainRhythm »

I'm quite new to VNing, and your game was one of the earlier ones I played and loved. Not sure if my word weighs much, but I thought it was wonderful! The art was the strongest point to me; it's mysteriously captivating. As others have said, the art matches the story well and gave me humor in a rather dark scenario.

Looking forward to Hierofania II!

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#77 Post by unknown5 »

ludeshka wrote:If by fantasy titles you mean visual novels, then WINTER SHAAAAAAAARD!!!!!
http://renai.us/game/wintershard.shtml
If you haven't played it already, it's here, try it out, odds are you'll really like it!
I wouldn't have started Hierofanía were it not for Winter Shard!
just finished playing it. really nice story. can tell that a lot of creativity, effort, and love went into making it.
dang, makes me wanna work on my fantasy VNs too, but they lie in my laptop unfinished. :cry: :cry: :cry:
and g'luck on hierofania 2! :D
information wants to be free, yo.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#78 Post by storykween »

I finally got around to playing through "Hierofania" and I enjoyed it a lot! I love your unique style of drawing, especially the backgrounds. Somehow your images exude a goth feeling even though they are vibrant and full of energy. I also enjoyed your playful style of writing, and I especially liked the mysterious personality of the Stranger.

I got the "Imprisoned Knight" ending so I will have to try again for a better one. Anyway, great work on this visual novel, and I look forward to seeing what else you create!
My website: woodsy-studio.com

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#79 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I know I'm super late, but finally got some time to play this. It's brilliant! I have 3 of the 7 endings down so far (I always get the bad endings first, ahhh.) I LOVE how the Stranger always hides his face. I also adore Crocket as the protagonist. Very likable.
I was not at all expecting:
the Princess to be a vampire. Although I did crack up in the route that Crocket accidentally kills her. But then I stopped laughing when Crocket was sent to be executed. I was like "Wait nooooooo".
Douglas and Dee were fun too. I have to admit, they kept me on edge for awhile because I was never really sure what they had up their sleeves...so in the route when:
the Stranger kills Douglas, I was freaking out because I thought Crocket was going to die too. That didn't happen, but after getting the ending I was like "NOPE. GOTTA GO BACK."
I am so pumped for the sequel!
Last edited by Green Glasses Girl on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honest Critique

Dawnfire
Regular

#80 Post by Dawnfire »

I'm confused...I just downloaded it and it said python.dll failed so it won't work. Is this problem with my computer or with the files?
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

Ishvke

#81 Post by Ishvke »

Just played it for the third time wow I'm obsessed today x]
Also OT, but I played the demo for H2 as well, which I was really fond of.
Thanks so much for Hierofania + good luck with H2!
Pronunciation: ISH-vick'kay

Ghost-Rain

#82 Post by Ghost-Rain »

This is actually a really good game. The art style made me reluctant to play, but it was pretty good once I got to it. Is there still no walk-through with all of the endings? I haven't been able to get all of them. I really loved the first few pages though, the art there really drew me in. The others were more abstract than I would have liked, but the game was still enjoyable. Crocket had a great personality.

Well, I got ending four anyway, so I'm set for life haha. :)

blue_shayde

#83 Post by blue_shayde »

I registered to this forum just so I could tell you how much I loved this game. The art style and the dark story was amazing. I'm also totally in love with the Stranger (despite his crimes). =P

*happily runs away with him as a fugitive*

Anywho, if there's a H2, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Now to get ending 7. xD

(And yeah, I'm completely fascinated by the backstory of the Knights. I want to know more about the gods and this world.) :wink:

Edit: ok...got ending 7. And all I can say is...
I WON'T GIVE UP ON YOU, STRANGER!!!
xD
Now I'm really looking forward to the sequel. =3

Tatty
Regular
Projects: Buyan

#84 Post by Tatty »

Actually getting a chance to leave a review on one of my favorite VN of all time - I still don't know why I didn't sign up to this earlier, but this alone should make it worth it. The art, the story, the backstory, the characterization - everything is so well integrated and and a pleasure to read. The world is alive and vibrant and feels that phantasmagoriac feeling that I feel those who lived before felt, and perhaps we feel at times ourselves. It's an amazing piece of work that I cannot recommend enough.

xiaomao
Regular

#85 Post by xiaomao »

I just played this last night and got two endings, Imprisoned Knight and Tainted Knight. I love this game. I'll probably leave some more thoughts when I get more endings, but here is my impression so far:

It's amazing! The characters are all so interesting and I love how more layers are uncovered with every choice you make.

I just love Crocket. I love how she is not pretty or clever, but she's still the hero because she has other important qualities, like bravery, stubbornness and a sense of JUSTICE! Not all heroes have to look cool and talk smooth. I also really appreciate each and every ugly girl hero in every story, every time it is a great joy for me to come across a girl character I can relate to so thank you.

Oh, I noticed some people saying they were reluctant to play because of the art style, so I should mention I decided to play this because of the art style. I thought a unique art style would have a unique story, and lucky me, I was right!

xiaomao
Regular

#86 Post by xiaomao »

OH also, if you are an ESL speaker (being from Argentina, I think you said?), I gotta say your English writing is fantastic. Really evocative.

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#87 Post by ludeshka »

Ghost-Rain wrote:Is there still no walk-through with all of the endings?

Well, I got ending four anyway, so I'm set for life haha. :)
There is one! But it's not me who created it.
I will profit from Beliar's work and happily link to their blog:
http://beliar-cos.blogspot.com.ar/2013/ ... 94c89c86a2

So, if you still want it, there it is. (Ending 7 will tell you more about the stranger, but maybe you are better off with Ending 4...?
blue_shayde wrote:I registered to this forum just so I could tell you how much I loved this game.
Wow, you'll make me blush. B-but, well, now that you're here, you'll find many other games to love!

blue_shayde wrote:...
I WON'T GIVE UP ON YOU, STRANGER!!!

Neither will Crocket!!!![/spoiler]

xiaomao wrote:OH also, if you are an ESL speaker (being from Argentina, I think you said?), I gotta say your English writing is fantastic. Really evocative.
Thank you so much! I've been writing in english since before I actually knew english! (There is very bad fanfiction by me out there, and my english was THE WORST!) But the internet and games have taught me well enough...or at least, I can somehow say what I mean.
I would feel really shy if I didn't have the visual part of the visual novel though. A novel-novel is something I don't think I could really manage yet...
I''m ranting, sorry.
What I meant was "Thanks!"

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#88 Post by Laniessa »

Wow, I love this game! The art pulled me in really quickly and the story was amazing. I love your use of language and some of the dialogue is just amazing!

I guess one thing I should mention are your GUIs - I played Rhyme or Reason, which I adored as well! The main issue with Hierofania's GUI is the pixelation of the cobwebs on the text box; just make a larger image to make it the right size! I kind of think there could be more of a buffer between the textbox edges and the text itself to make it nicer to read. For Rhyme, the textbox colour was too saturated, and it might have been better if it was toned down a bit. But gosh, don't get me wrong, I love your aesthetic. I just kind of have a thing about readability, and while web-standards of contrast are really strict, getting it a bit closer to that might be nice.

Chikibini

#89 Post by Chikibini »

Your game is amazing! I love the dark felling of it filled with the fire of Crocket! It really inspired me and gave me a different ideia of how to do the writting of my own game. The ideia of a dead god who is needed never crossed my mind. Thank you very much of this amazing experiance.

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#90 Post by ludeshka »

Chikibini wrote:Your game is amazing! I love the dark felling of it filled with the fire of Crocket! It really inspired me and gave me a different ideia of how to do the writting of my own game.
:D
Thank you so much for saying that! I was inspired to make a visual novel because of a game from this forum too! (Winter Shard).
You make me feel so nice by saying I too can inspire someone to make their own game. *hugs*
Laniessa wrote:...I just kind of have a thing about readability, and while web-standards of contrast are really strict, getting it a bit closer to that might be nice.

Nonononono, you're totally right. If (when?) I revamp Hierofanía the ugly textbox WILL go away.
I think the NVL version for Hierofanía 2 is better, even if it still needs some polishing.
But, you're totally right, Readability is a pretty big thing in a visual novel.
I'm going to do better next time. :)