Hierofanía

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Hierofanía

#46 Post by azureXtwilight »

By the waaay~ Is there really going to be a sequel~? XD

visualnr4
Organization: http://vnr4.wordpress.com

#47 Post by visualnr4 »

Hierofanía reviewed at VNR4. Thank you and good luck on the sequel.

psyduck
Regular

#48 Post by psyduck »

really love the story. and the 4 ending is my favorite. :) can't wait for the sequel

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#49 Post by Wintermoon »

This is now one of my favorite OELVNs. Love the art, especially the colors and the corpse paint on the knights of Utrecht.

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#50 Post by ludeshka »

visualnr4 wrote:Hierofanía reviewed at VNR4. Thank you and good luck on the sequel.
No, no, thank you!
It was a very kind review! I'd play the game after reading that! (Let's hope others think the same? XD)
MiSi wrote:
(Characters generally tend to change from foes to allies and the other way round quickly here. Mostly because of Crocket being that super intelligent :lol: )
I know, it's like they're all bipolar or something. This will keep happening on Part 2! The new main character will have to keep her friends happy if she doesn't want to be backstabbed horribly.
...I like writing about backstabbers? That probably says something ugly about me XD

But yes, uh, I confirm that there is indeed a sequel, and I confirm that I'm working on it, but it's still too little progress to give H2 it's own topic.
So, have some concept art? :D
Attachments
chapter 2! :D
chapter 2! :D

FrenzyVammi

#51 Post by FrenzyVammi »

I luv the game!
though at first this type of art didn't seem appealing to me
But after I downloaded it Well.... You didn't DISAPPOINTED me at all!! The theme the BG the Character
all are matching and forming a very unique artistic VN!
Even though this is not a Romance or Vampire I'm looking for. And i got to kick the vampire asses too! THIS kept me till 1am! LOL
I've tried so hard to get the 4th ending.
The story was very well written! ^^ It was the mysterious atmosphere that kept me all along to trying to get the good end hahah Still.... have no idea what the stranger name was.... or..did I missed it? Damn
I still don't get Douglas ending whatever i tried -*- anyway who wants to be wit dat snob? lol kidding, no offense :)
Thank you for creating this Man!I am in LOVE with it! and am really looking forward to the Sequel! Will you do it pleaseeeee? xD

DangoRiceBalls
Regular
Completed: Take a Breath, Kami Cho, and that's it :P
Projects: Kuroi Tsubasa
Organization: Dango Productions

#52 Post by DangoRiceBalls »

Gosh those are really creepy pictures...but it seems effing good! :D
Imma check it out!

ludeshka
Veteran

#53 Post by ludeshka »

FrenzyVammi wrote: I still don't get Douglas ending whatever i tried -*- anyway who wants to be wit dat snob? lol kidding, no offense :)
Thank you for creating this Man!I am in LOVE with it! and am really looking forward to the Sequel! Will you do it pleaseeeee? xD
There is no "Douglas ending", actually. He does return for the sequel though, if that's any consolation? :D

I feel flattered by your comment, because first you said the art style wasn't what you are used to, and then you said the genre wasn't exactly what you were looking for either. But you gave it a chance! And liked it! (what a relief XD)

I feel flattered and thankful. Thank you very much, I'm very glad you enjoyed it. :)
DangoRiceBalls wrote:Gosh those are really creepy pictures...but it seems effing good! :D
Imma check it out!
Creepy? Gosh, I don't know. Um, the story is not really horror, is actually fantasy! I hope you like it when you try it out. :)

Arelune
Regular

#54 Post by Arelune »

This is one of the games I've played times ago, but never reviewed. Seeing it at the front page reminded me of that.

This is really one of my favourite VN from around here. I just loved everything. The characters -they were so quirky-, the style -though admittely it creeped me out first, especially when I saw Douglas and Deedra , but I got used to it-, the interesting choices, the various endings, the tone, the music, ... It probably helps that I'm a big Fantasy lover.
There was only one thing bothering me: the pixelated spiderwebthingies at the side of the text box. It's so upscaled.

As much as I like the Stranger's end -got that one first-, my favourite one was End 7.
I'm really looking forward to the sequel. <3
I'm not one to openly fangirl about things normally...
Douglas returns for the sequel.
YES! :D

cuttlefish
Regular

#55 Post by cuttlefish »

I've only gotten three endings (3, 5, 7) so far, but I just wanted to post that the music, art, and story is wonderful. It's too bad you don't get to see all of the heroine's face, but then again it could be a good thing to let the readers complete her image. I thought it was interesting how some choices were not possible because of the heroine's personality. For example,
you can't not accept the mission in the beginning. However, this made me feel a bit strange when reading how Kia talks to Crocket about the decision as if Crocket had a choice. One also can't choose to go into hiding before ending 3, unless I missed some earlier choice that would allow this?
I really enjoyed the writing and its use of the visuals and sound effects. I could easily picture what was happening in the story, and I was amused by the exchange between characters (I especially liked Douglas's lines). The NVL format for endings worked very well~

My only complaint: I could not read the ending credits! Maybe the credits could be coded to click to move forward next time? (I had to screenshot your message at the end.)

If you plan on updating this game, here are a few grammatical errors I caught.
"That's the heroic way to go around THESE things." (said: this things)
"And [she they] probably keep locked up." --> "And [they] probably keep [her] locked up." ?
"The WORST part is that you probably think you sounded cool." (said: worse)
"none of us ARE so terrible" (said: us is so)
Beautiful game. I will be sure to get the other endings.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#56 Post by AshenhartKrie »

This was amazing!
The unique art is stunning (and don't worry, uniqueness is an awesome thing.... unless... you know you're talking about me as a person.. somehow it turns into an insult. ANYWAY!)
I totally loved Murphy and the Stranger, but I only got two endings (D'OH!) I really love
The Stranger's Rogue Knight ending, I got that second, and I wa slike YES!
I really feel like I want to see something happen between either Crocket and The Stranger or Crocket and Murphy... but that's my girly OMG OMG FANTASY ROMANCE!! mind working overtime.
The writing was gorgeous. I was a little disapointed by the lack of CGs, and if there were any I didn't see them, but it really suits it.
I love the overall feel of the game, and it was totally a world that I could see myself living in. I also really love Crocket's personality, mainly cos she's a lot like me.
It's hard to find depressing games these days! I actually didn't find this as depressing as everyone else seems to. Maybe that's my naturally pessimistic attitude showing through, but yeah.
I did really enjoy this game, and I'm going to keep playing until I get. EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. ENDING. ^_^
also:
how come there was no way NOT to kill the princess?
wait, WAS there and I just missed it?
Great job, sorry for the lengthy post.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

ludeshka
Veteran

#57 Post by ludeshka »

cuttlefish wrote: I thought it was interesting how some choices were not possible because of the heroine's personality. For example,
you can't not accept the mission in the beginning. However, this made me feel a bit strange when reading how Kia talks to Crocket about the decision as if Crocket had a choice. One also can't choose to go into hiding before ending 3, unless I missed some earlier choice that would allow this?
Well, it's a bit like you said. Crocket would never refuse to go on that mission, and she just would never let another person take the blame for what she did on ending 3. Since Crocket is a very specific character, there are things she'd do, and things she'd not do...
I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense, I'm sorry if my explanation was confusing XDDDD

AshenhartKrie wrote:This was amazing!
I did really enjoy this game, and I'm going to keep playing until I get. EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. ENDING. ^_^
also:
how come there was no way NOT to kill the princess?
wait, WAS there and I just missed it?
Great job, sorry for the lengthy post.
I assure you, in most endings you do not
kill the princess
at all. XD
Get Douglas out of his cage, and stuff will change, I promise. :D
Arelune wrote:This is one of the games I've played times ago, but never reviewed. Seeing it at the front page reminded me of that.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel. <3
I'm not one to openly fangirl about things normally...
Then I really thank you for posting this. :)
I seriously value every comment I get! I was very afraid people wouldn't like my game, or wouldn't even try it. When somebody tells me they tried it and like it, it makes me so happy. I apologize for sounding so corny, but seriously, I feel grateful for everybody's support. :)
Attachments
See? I am working on H2. But it will take TIME!
See? I am working on H2. But it will take TIME!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#58 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

This game is this week's Group Play http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 86#p246286

Tomoe

#59 Post by Tomoe »

I love this game and I'm choosing this thread to post my very first post. I wish there was a walkthrough and maybe something in the game that records the endings I get.

Good job!

effenelle
Regular
Projects: Un:Wanted [GxB]
Deviantart: effenelle

#60 Post by effenelle »

anoo...i'm sorry, but i can't download your game from mediafire nor megaupload because of my restricted internet connection...would you please upload it somewhere else, maybe in this forum itself? sorry if i'm troubling you ;_;