Hierofania 2 [Fantasy] [Branching]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

Hierofania 2 [Fantasy] [Branching]

#1 Post by ludeshka »

The Goddess of the Waves was a deity of modest powers, and an even more modest range of influence.
She helped fishermen and sailors to find their way home, even through the thickest fog, through the fiercest storms.

Now she is dead. There are no stories left to tell about her.

Queen Stephania was a fierce woman, an unhappy woman.
She rose higher than people thought she could. But her triumph had a bitter aftertaste, as it left her ruling over those she despised.

Now she is dead. There are no stories left to tell about her.

Queen Caramela was raised by a fierce, unhappy woman, and lived under the influence of a deity of modest powers.
All she wants is to keep harmful things at a distance, to live for beauty and fun, for things to continue as they are. She won't get her wish.

She lives. This is her story.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hierofanía 2 is an interactive story with seven endings. You can download it on itch.io, here. https://ludeshka.itch.io/hierofania-2

It is (shockingly!) the sequel to Hierofanía, which you can get here.https://ludeshka.itch.io/hierofania
Attachments
tumblr_o8txj85AqV1ry9tdvo4_1280.png
tumblr_o8txj85AqV1ry9tdvo1_1280.png

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

Re: Hierofania 2 [Fantasy] [Branching]

#2 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

I was just thinking about the first Hierofania last week! So glad to see another story. Will definitely be downloading when I get home tonight. Congratulations!
Live Life Heroically

vana

#3 Post by vana »

*excited screeching* I HAVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS

ludeshka
Veteran

#4 Post by ludeshka »

Yay, thank you! It feels great to be remembered XDDDD
I hope you can enjoy this one too!! ^^

Also, for anybody who hasn't played the first one: you don't need to .
I mean, sure, it'd help with the world and some plot details (and a returning character!) but Caramela's story is her own. :)

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

#5 Post by Heiden »

Congrats congrats on the release! :D :D

I absolutely adore the amount of lore and world building you have in this game. I easily lost myself in the story, waiting to see what was going to happen next.
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#6 Post by Kumiho »

kjsl;afjkd;al Congrats!!!! The art is beautiful as always, and while I haven't played the full version yet, I played the beta a while back and just. It is perfection and I'm crying @_@ Thanks a ton for this release <333

Bianchii
Regular

#7 Post by Bianchii »

Omg!!! I just came here from playing the first part and I must say, I'm in love! Such a different story but the things we get to find out here! Ahh!!! And is it too bad if I ship Caramela with Senteltje? fhjkdashkdashdks Is there a true ending like last game? I loved this, I absolutely adored the art, the characters, the choices, ugh it was perfect.

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#8 Post by Amiralo »

i loved it to peices when i played the beta. EXPECT FANART SOON. I WILL POST A PROPER REVIEW WITH THE FANART TOO.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

ludeshka
Veteran

#9 Post by ludeshka »

Bianchii wrote: Is there a true ending like last game?
First, thank you SO much for your comments both here and on the first game. :D
Second, there IS a true ending, it's the peacemaker ending, ending 7
the one that has ending credits and the little stranger scene
Have you seen that one already? :D
Amiralo wrote:i loved it to peices when i played the beta.
I'm so glad you liked it! And now I eagerly await the fanart and the review. :D

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#10 Post by Amiralo »

ok. I promised a review. guess i have to rant now

THE PROS:
1. The world building.
Even without laying out the rules for every single diety or messed up family you introduce, i still felt like it was a living, breathing and functioning world. In fact, the way you left some information obscure (like what exactly happen between sentelje and his wife rena, or how Caramella's father died) only made the story more engaging as it left readers thinking up wild and crazy theories about what really did happen. You are a master of revealing just enough information, and i applaud you for that.

2. The conversation
Writing good conversation is hard. Writing good conversation that reveals the character's SPEECH PATTERN, LOGIC and subesquently PERSONALITY is even harder. but you managed it. I didn't need people telling me that sentelje is awkward, it shows through the way he talks and thinks. I didn't need people telling me that Caramella is a diva who is none the less tolerated, it shows through how pp react to her. despite the lack of sprites, i really felt like the characters were living and breathing through their dialogue.

3. The plot
To be honest, while i was dazzled by hierofania 1's world view and character portrayal, I thought that the plot was lack luster. there was not enough tension and i felt everything happened too quick and too haphazardly. I didn't have the same problem with hierofania 2. the prologue and the first chapter was masterfully done, telling the premise in an artful and interesting way. While i admit that my mind did start to wonder a bit during the third chapter as Caramella wandered around doing whatever that pleased her, the lurking political intrigue in the background was enough to keep me going. I especially liked the little epilogue about crocket and her new friend (AND THE FACT THAT EVERYTHING IS BEGINNING TO TIE TOGETHER. I WANT HIEROFANIA 3 OMIGOD I MUST HAVE IT)

4. The art.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. IT IS SO UNIQUE AND FITS WITH THE STORY SO WELL. I ESPECIALLY LIKE YOUR COLOT SCHEMES OMIGOD QUEEN STEPHANIA'S ROOM AND THE OPENING ANIMATION WERE TO DIE FOR.
....................................................................................................

The cons

1. The sprite
Honestly, while your conversation was definetly strong enough to carry the story through,I still can;t help but wish to see the change in pp's expression visually as they talk. One of the biggest pleasure of visual novels is that it unfolds like a play, with dynamic actors and changing bacgrounds. But then again, it is a style choice.

2. the length.
it isn't a formal critique, BUT GOD DANG IT I WISH IT WAS LONGER. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 4 YEARS FOR HIEROFANIA 3 AHAHHAHAHAHAH

..............................................................................................................
I hope the fanart shows up, if not, just view it here.
http://amiralo.deviantart.com/art/hiero ... 1467349911

one last word.

SENPAI YOU ARE AWESOME. PLEASE MAKE MORE THINGS. I WILL PLAY ANYTHING YOU MAKE. ANYTHING. MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS CARAMELL AND CROCKET AND-*gets dragged away*
Attachments
新建图像.jpg
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

ludeshka
Veteran

#11 Post by ludeshka »

YOUR FANART IS AWESOME!!
My favourite thing about it is that it makes Caramela look like a total heartbreaker! She even made Senteltje cry! :D
No, really, what a beautiful fanart, lovely colors (and the misterious upper border ^^)
BUT how dare you imply you will have to wait four years for Hierofanía 3. Surely, you will have to wait seven or eight.

milkpot

#12 Post by milkpot »

Hierofania is one of my favorite VNs, so I was really happy to see this! The world building across both of your games is amazing. I find all the little bits of info we've gotten about the deities super fascinating, and I'm really interested in seeing how all that plays out in the larger story. The art and animations were really lovely - I kind of wish the text box had been smaller just so I could see it more easily! I liked Caramela a lot too (despite how spoiled she can be, haha), especially her relationships with the other characters and how her mother's death has affected her.

I think I've managed to get all of the endings now
9 of them?
, but I think I'm still missing a few scenes.
I can't find the scene with Crocket... any tips for that? I was also really happy that we saw Douglas again and could find out more about him. He was an unexpected favorite after Hierofania.
The true ending makes me super excited for Hierofania 3! I'm still hoping we get to see Mercury Heights for ourselves one day.

Imprexia

#13 Post by Imprexia »

I loved the first one; replayed it so many times I can't believe there's a second now thankyouthankyouthankyou

ludeshka
Veteran

#14 Post by ludeshka »

Hehehe, I'm so happy to see people *returning* to the story. (You could have very well forgotten about it! Thank you so much for trusting me again. Imprexia, ^^)
milkpot wrote:
I can't find the scene with Crocket... any tips for that? I was also really happy that we saw Douglas again and could find out more about him. He was an unexpected favorite after Hierofania.
Amiralo is talking about a sidestory that was only in the beta! I've moved it to H3 because it ended in a huge (and cruel) cliffhanger.
You can still see some of the artwork in the game folder, if you feel like looking it up!

DJaimon
Tumblr: djaimon
Deviantart: djaimon

#15 Post by DJaimon »

Oh boy. Now I'm sad I finished this without waiting for the third to come out first. ;_; Anyway, this game is also amazing! It doesn't have the charm of the first game because of the lack of first time wonder and OH CRAP moments but that's just me however the art and animation completely blow me away aaaaaaaah
Caramela is absolutely perf and Tavo is so adorkable and the awkward nerd Senteltje with his hard to pronounce name... Heck, all of them are quirky and so easy to fall in love with. Caramela isn't the typical sweet princess and I'm glad of that! I'm also pleasantly surprised that
Douglas is in this game and he's doing something else besides sneering and throwing insults, even if he's just pretending
I'm just gonna drop fanart I did of nerd dad and goth dad before I forget; I <3 them both so much and Hierofania deserves all the fanart in the world gdi
One con of this game is perhaps the dialogue box covering the whole screen? I understand that it's a stylistic choice but imho it does divert focus from the gorgeous art. Other than that, it's a worthy sequel for the first and I eagerly look forward to more of the character's shenanigans!