Sweethearts: A Valentine Inspired Visual Novel

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

Sweethearts: A Valentine Inspired Visual Novel

#1 Post by Midnighticequeen »

Edit: Sweethearts has been updated, edited, and colored. It is a Valentines inspired kinetic novel about young women having difficulties in her relationship. The entire game was made in less than twelve days. You can expect an edited story and completed artwork in this update.
titlescreenclicked.png

Edit: Also used some backgrounds by BCS http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=889
Sweethearts-1.0-all.zip
All Version
(31.14 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
Sweethearts-1.0-win.zip
Windows version
(19.01 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
Sweethearts-1.0-mac.zip
Win Version
(17.23 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
Sweethearts-1.0-linux.tar.bz2
Linux version
(20.56 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
Last edited by Midnighticequeen on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

Re: Sweethearts: A Valentine Inspired Visual Novel

#2 Post by Kura »

This is a rather sweet little story. :) I really love the title image, by the way--simple and effective!

The art is really charming, especially the illustration of Rakiyah and Elliot as children! It would help to use sprites, or just more character art of some kind, in the flashbacks as well.

I found that the story seemed a bit meandering along the way, but in the end, I really liked how Rakiyah used the comparison of the two men to discover something about herself. It brought everything together nicely.

On the more technical side, I know you said this was sort of rushed for the date, so I suppose you didn't have a chance to get it proofread. Getting someone to proofread would really help it a lot, though.

Also, there were a few graphical bugs--at one point Rakiyah's sprite appears twice, somthing seems to not appear at all and display red "I'm broken" text at the bottom, and the forest background doesn't fit the screen.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]