[dischan] Juniper's Knot (2012)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nessiah
Regular
Completed: Valthirian Arc
Projects: DollMaker

Re: [dischan] Juniper's Knot (2012)

#31 Post by Nessiah »

I know I already gushed about this in Twitter and...pretty much everywhere else than here. So I'm gushing.

I love how the premise is so simple yet you guys gave a very powerful impact. Even when English isn't my first language, I understood the Le Olde English because I get the point of the boy's era and the demon girl's era. (Not sure how to explain it <_<) And the story is heartwarming and just...so simple enough. I also like the symbolism of the Olive Tree, but I could be overreading into it since I do Bible Study, but nonetheless!

I really like the music too, Bleeding aaaaa D:

Kudos Dischan~
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

EternalDandelions

#32 Post by EternalDandelions »

i loved the art specially *A* and the story too OwO

icecheetah
Regular

#33 Post by icecheetah »

I really enjoyed this! I like how you used colour and speech bubble tails to mark the characters, rather than names. It looks a little odd when the characters are off screen, or both are on the same side, but I barely noticed the former and the latter only confused me for a second. Story, music and art all appealed to me, and I liked how
I genuinly worried about that boy, which made the ending that bit more heartwarming. And when I was skipping through (I read for a while, and then forgot to save), it struck me just how emotive the demon's body language is.

jeje
Regular

#34 Post by jeje »

Just drop by and say: THIS IS GREAT. Epic. I'm still crying. (And bump this thread so everyone can see this again XD)

I usually loose focus while playing vn or kn. Especially KN. But oh my goshh~ You make it so it'll be like I'm watching a movie! There're just so much CG and little bit of movies here and there, the musics, the simple yet clean and sleek GUI, the pace, the story, the... arghhh~ everything!! (I bet you must have pros to work on it, or at least someone who have the skill of a pro :lol: )

I like when:
the demon snapped and feel the hatred and craziness inside that's building up for centuries, but somehow, she could restrain it. The boy's perspective, when he try to believe in the demon, yet still scared of her. When the CG of the demon embrace him, I was like... pause it at that moment and take a deep, long, nice breath (and a tissue for my eyes)
But, all in all, I kind of doesn't understand some of the conversation since they speak in, hmm, olde english? (I don't have a really good grasp of english, so maybe that's why >> But I don't care. I just don't care since this KN keeps me focused and not losing interest until the end of it, and still want MORE!

Keep doing the best!!

Freyas_Aett
Projects: Jack Flint
Organization: Freya's Aett

#35 Post by Freyas_Aett »

I was already working on a VN when I came across this by accident on IndieDB (Desura). I kind of like this... kinetic novel... (I think that's the right term)

I have to say that the music might be the most impressive part of it for me. Music is powerful when used right and this uses it right. When she was talking about
going a little crazy and killing everyone
the music in the background fit so well. Without know how fast or slow the audience would click forward, that was some impressive scoring.

If I didn't already have a composer, I'd be thinking of stealing yours...

Everything about the presentation was just right, understated main menu and music that underscored instead of being background filler, art that was expressive without being fussy. More than this, it sets a high standard and inspires me to want to polish my work without being demoralising.

Amarrez
Regular
Projects: Memento Vivere

#36 Post by Amarrez »

I don't have much to add, but I feel as if I should say that this sets the bar for short OELVNs. It shows a great amount of polish and care that shines through in all aspects of the piece, be it writing, art, UI, music or programming. There are definite improvements from Cradle Song's demo and it looks like dischan has matured as a group.

Well done.

Dani
Completed: Juniper's Knot
Projects: Cradle Song
Organization: Dischan

#37 Post by Dani »

Thanks again everyone!

Sorry we don't reply very often, but we do read every post, and we appreciate it. :)

Mnemosymnal
Projects: Sophronia
Organization: Team S.H.O.T.S.

#38 Post by Mnemosymnal »

This was absolutely gorgeous! The art, the music, everything. I truly enjoyed playing this and will eagerly await new VNs from you!

xt0xicx89

#39 Post by xt0xicx89 »

Really enjoyed this VN! Keep up the great work.

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#40 Post by Androol »

Sorry, I will not be as antusiastic as the other.
I tryed it, the art is very fine and fun, the sound and mood are great, the gui and the bublle like text is fun too, but I definitly miss the point of clicking, clicking, clicking, clicking... etc to read short line of text ain't getting repetitive strain injury.
I can like KN if it's short with big block of text but the click, click and never an interaction is boring and spoil the experience in long time KN in my view.
I canot stand to run it until the end, I goes as far as I can to see more of the art who's realy good but can't go as far as the end of the story.

As seeing all the good report I'm abnormal. :?

AxemRed
Veteran

#41 Post by AxemRed »

Androol wrote:I tryed it, the art is very fine and fun, the sound and mood are great, the gui and the bublle like text is fun too, but I definitly miss the point of clicking, clicking, clicking, clicking... etc to read short line of text ain't getting repetitive strain injury.
press 'a'

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#42 Post by Androol »

Thx, that explain why I was the only one bored if its a solution to the clik clik clik clik. :oops:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column
Projects: Ethereal Overflow
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#43 Post by SelLi »

that was really amazing... I love it... every bit... <3

zeroyuki92

#44 Post by zeroyuki92 »

Androol wrote:Thx, that explain why I was the only one bored if its a solution to the clik clik clik clik. :oops:
You absolutely could use autoread, although from my experience there weren't many VN players that bothered with too many clicking (maybe people are just already used to it?) since with auto read it's harder to set a flexible reading pace. Glad if you liked it, though.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#45 Post by MaiMai »

Another novel finished!

Absolutely beautiful and touching story with equally strong graphics. I hope to see more from your group.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)