Pizza Ditza

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PyProGamer
Completed: Som'Thin'Short, Pitza Ditza
Projects: Battle Cries In the Sky, The Despots Daughter, Time Frame, Pitza Ditza Deluxe, Waiter Wars
Organization: DMG Studio, NerdEden Studios

Pizza Ditza

#1 Post by PyProGamer »

This is my second game made. It is about a Pizza Delivery Girl. This was my way of practicing to use image maps and is not meant to be a serious games of any kind as I made it in all of 3 hours, however, it is kind of fun to play. Let me know what you guys think, and the artwork is intentionally bad, so don't judge too harshly as it was drawn off handed. Enjoy this little fun game!

Pizza Ditza: http://nerdeden.net/Games/Pizza%20Ditza-1.0-all.zip

And here are some screen shots:
Attachments
Pizza Ditza Screen Cap
Pizza Ditza Screen Cap
Pizza Ditza Main Menu
Pizza Ditza Main Menu

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Pizza Ditza

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Welcome to the forum!

Right near the beginning, it sounds like the main found some breaking video game news in a magazine. Maybe it's just me, but I've learned about only a few news stories from video game magazines over the last fifteen years. Nearly everything gets reported online first. If I manage to find one of the few surviving print magazines, it might mention the news, but it will appear at least a week later.

I tried Pizza Ditza for a few minutes. Here are my early impressions:
It looks like the challenge is to make money. There's only three locations. Is luck the major factor for making money? Are there any patterns to follow, or strategies to devise?

PyProGamer
Projects: Battle Cries In the Sky, The Despots Daughter, Time Frame, Pitza Ditza Deluxe, Waiter Wars

#3 Post by PyProGamer »

First off, thank you for playing the game. I hope you enjoyed it while you played it.

While I realize that it is completely silly to have a magazine that delivers your gaming news to your doorstep the minute they happen, my wife found the line ludicrous and funny, so I kept it (and I only spent about 3 hours writing and programming this game) I hope it wasn't too much of a distraction.

And secondly, since it is only my second game (one last week and one this week) I was trying out something new along with the imagemaps.
The challenge of the game is to make enough money to either go on a date or buy the game. There is no strategy to this game, as it is a game of chance.
I have never programmed for any language, the closest has been HTML and CSS, so these are my way of getting used to the syntax of python/renpy. I am glad you played it and I will also give this bit away,
there are 4 endings.

Hope you enjoyed! :D

Pixel_Linked

#4 Post by Pixel_Linked »

I finished playing. Here are my impressions:
+ The map feature works well.
+ I had fun trying to make money. Each time I played there was a different challenge to make money with the choices available.
+ The endings are unique from one another.
- The music was over-dramatic for this sort of game.
- The story seemed rushed, especially at the end.

And some nit-picks:
- Maybe make a custom icon next time?
- Custom GUI?
- "Help" opens up my internet browser.

I got two good endings. I'll go back later and try to get the other two. This was a lot of fun to play! Good work and good luck on your future projects!

PyProGamer

#5 Post by PyProGamer »

Thank you Pixel_Linked, I am glad you got some enjoyment out of this game and the map worked well and the mechanic was fun. I hope you had a good laugh at the bad art as well.

I expected the music to be over-dramatic, I don't have a real good ear for music and it's one of my weaknesses. I will have to work on that. As for the story, it wasn't my main concern in this game as I was going for a short game. This being my second game, I am focusing on programming more than writing, but for future games, you can expect a good story from me (at least, what I hope will be a good story) .

About the "nit-picks", I am glad you brought these up. Honestly, I haven't messed with any gui's, Icons, or the help menu. It will be something I'll have to tackle on my next few games I have coming up. For now, I will disable the help option for future release.

Thank you very much for your reply and for wishing me luck. It is very helpful in seeing where I need to improve, and what you enjoyed! :D