School Finals [slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
aoimi

School Finals [slice of life]

#1 Post by aoimi »

It's finals again, but your seat neighbor who's the only girl who ever have spoken to you is skipping to college. As soon as class is over she comes ask you what you will do for finals. This may be the last change you have to speak to a girl again.

This is my first visual novel, hope some people will play it.

This visual novel is very short, however there are many choices. The visual novel used free for use resources which are great. The author draw this original character for this visual novel and did her best, "She petty and cute, also antisocial looking to make friends before she goes to college."
Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?lk7c5kxb69pi7tk
Last edited by aoimi on Sun May 27, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: School Finals [slice of life][NaNoRenO 2012]

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Uh, technically, this is not a NaNoRenO game. NaNoRenO 2012 means "completely written and programmed between March 1, 2012 and March 31, 2012". This one, well, probably isn't.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

aoimi

Re: School Finals [slice of life][NaNoRenO 2012]

#3 Post by aoimi »

Taleweaver wrote:Uh, technically, this is not a NaNoRenO game. NaNoRenO 2012 means "completely written and programmed between March 1, 2012 and March 31, 2012". This one, well, probably isn't.
ok, i changed it, i thought NaNoRenO was going on now, sorry.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: School Finals [slice of life]

#4 Post by Applegate »

First of all: good job finishing a story. I like that you went the extra mile to get an original sprite. I do think you'd do well to work on grammar, especially in prose. There are also a few typoes (a pare of legs comes to mind), and the game size seems excessively large (62mb!) for the content delivered.

For the art, I recommend studying how folds in clothing work. The face has a cute, unique style, which is great, but the clothing looks like it was randomly given folds, which stands out as weird.

The amount of choice given is nice. Having the "You" speak only in choice options further reinforces that it's "You" talking to the girl rather than "You" controlling a character; it is certainly a good idea.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#5 Post by Ran08 »

It's extremely short, but it's okay. And I like the fact you drew the sprites. :D

In my own experience, it's easy for me to draw on my paper, but on a computer I can't even draw decent stick figures. Hahahaha. So I admire people who draw for their own VNs.

Oh, and honestly, the choices were pretty random, maybe too random. I got 3 or 4 endings I think, and one of them was the "good ending" I think. All in all it's a good start for making VNs. :D If you would take a newbie's advice, I'd say just make a it have more complex story.

And Applegate's right. The file size is so big!

aoimi

#6 Post by aoimi »

Thank you for the advice and praise, I'll work hard.