Dance With Me In Wonderland

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
WildFLOWER
Completed: Dance With Me In Wonderland
Projects: Witch Artifacts

#1 Post by WildFLOWER »

This is my first Ren'py game! ^^

It took about a week to finish. It's really short though considering it's my first one. ^^

Statistics:

The game contains 342 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 2,339 words,
for an average of 6.8 words per screen.
The game contains 1 menus.
There are 2 endings.

DOWNLOAD

Windows Download: http://www.4shared.com/zip/WumSdvr5/Dan ... win32.html
Mac Download: http://www.4shared.com/zip/A4N_GpMG/Dan ... d-mac.html
Linux Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/GpeOasGi/Da ... -x86t.html

miaverana
Regular
Completed: Nothing at all~ ^w^
Projects: Amy's Super Life, Princess of the Death (belong to Princesses Series)
Organization: ~o0o Valonia o0o~

Re: Dance With Me In Wonderland

#2 Post by miaverana »

Welcome to the forum and congratulation for completed your first game~ ^w^

WildFLOWER

#3 Post by WildFLOWER »

miaverana wrote:Welcome to the forum and congratulation for completed your first game~ ^w^
Thank you very much on both accounts! ^^

miaverana
Regular
Completed: Nothing at all~ ^w^
Projects: Amy's Super Life, Princess of the Death (belong to Princesses Series)
Organization: ~o0o Valonia o0o~

#4 Post by miaverana »

WildFLOWER wrote:
miaverana wrote:Welcome to the forum and congratulation for completed your first game~ ^w^
You're welcome, I'm downloading your game and I'll give you some feed back later :D.

WildFLOWER

#5 Post by WildFLOWER »

miaverana wrote:
WildFLOWER wrote:
You're welcome, I'm downloading your game and I'll give you some feed back later :D.
Thank you ^^

qyrnth

#6 Post by qyrnth »

congrats for finishing your first game~wish someday i'll make one too...i'm downloading this...will give you opinion later..:D...

WildFLOWER

#7 Post by WildFLOWER »

qyrnth wrote:congrats for finishing your first game~wish someday i'll make one too...i'm downloading this...will give you opinion later..:D...
Thank you c: You really should c: It's fun c:

Katty16
Regular

#8 Post by Katty16 »

A new game :)
downloading right now

qyrnth

#9 Post by qyrnth »

I've just finished the game. I was about to comment earlier in the afternoon but suddenly asked to go to the embassy to do some stuff.:(.. But here it is...

The idea of the story was original and quite interesting. I love the title. It was too short though. There was plenty of room for development. I love the title, somehow sounds beautiful. You forgot to put credit also and it will be better if you put some music. The picture are not bad but decent for such short period of time. There are mainly two things i found unnatural in the game:
1) Lucius feelings towards Borinia. I thought it was strange that he suddenly proposed Borinia for a marriage while when the two first met Lucius without hesitation reported her to the Queen for the possibility of being an imposter. The sudden change of heart form Lucius was still too much even Borinia saved him from execution. He never really shows his affection to Borinia.. If there's any i think you should add in a scene where Lucius showed his affection towards Borinia more clearly, maybe like put something cheesy or romantic lines when Lucius sneak to her bedroom the night after he escaped from prison. I know it is classic and might be boring but i think it is still necessary to put.
2) Borinia uncertain condition. It made me asking myself why was Borinia unconscious and trapped in her dream? What specific condition or what cause her to be unable to wake up and will die if she didn't wake up? Something like the phase of being in between life and death state was flashed through my mind, it may be the possibility but the story still did not give necessary information explaining whether she was in a coma or dying state, also the cause. So for me, it certainly unclear.

Anyway, the game is decent and adorable. Let alone, it was made in such a short period of time. I'm sure if I were you i will not make it. It will be nothing or will be something not as good as this...This is the first time i give review on other's game so i'm really sorry if i made mistake on giving my opinion or if you feel offended. i didn't mean to do so. Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate your work and grateful that you share your first game here. Keep up the good work~! Ganbatte!:D... I'm looking forward for your further works... <3

P.S.: i think Aston is adorable. Even though i prefer him with short hair..:P..

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#10 Post by Taleweaver »

Any screenshots you can contribute so that we can see a little of your project in advance?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#11 Post by Destiny »

Or maybe add a genre in the title (look at the other projects here).
I mean, is this romance, fantasy, drama?
BxG, GxB, BxB or GxG? Or maybe without romance?

I mean it's quite a surpirse box you have there ôo
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

WildFLOWER

#12 Post by WildFLOWER »

qyrnth wrote:I've just finished the game. I was about to comment earlier in the afternoon but suddenly asked to go to the embassy to do some stuff.:(.. But here it is...

The idea of the story was original and quite interesting. I love the title. It was too short though. There was plenty of room for development. I love the title, somehow sounds beautiful. You forgot to put credit also and it will be better if you put some music. The picture are not bad but decent for such short period of time. There are mainly two things i found unnatural in the game:
1) Lucius feelings towards Borinia. I thought it was strange that he suddenly proposed Borinia for a marriage while when the two first met Lucius without hesitation reported her to the Queen for the possibility of being an imposter. The sudden change of heart form Lucius was still too much even Borinia saved him from execution. He never really shows his affection to Borinia.. If there's any i think you should add in a scene where Lucius showed his affection towards Borinia more clearly, maybe like put something cheesy or romantic lines when Lucius sneak to her bedroom the night after he escaped from prison. I know it is classic and might be boring but i think it is still necessary to put.
2) Borinia uncertain condition. It made me asking myself why was Borinia unconscious and trapped in her dream? What specific condition or what cause her to be unable to wake up and will die if she didn't wake up? Something like the phase of being in between life and death state was flashed through my mind, it may be the possibility but the story still did not give necessary information explaining whether she was in a coma or dying state, also the cause. So for me, it certainly unclear.

Anyway, the game is decent and adorable. Let alone, it was made in such a short period of time. I'm sure if I were you i will not make it. It will be nothing or will be something not as good as this...This is the first time i give review on other's game so i'm really sorry if i made mistake on giving my opinion or if you feel offended. i didn't mean to do so. Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate your work and grateful that you share your first game here. Keep up the good work~! Ganbatte!:D... I'm looking forward for your further works... <3

P.S.: i think Aston is adorable. Even though i prefer him with short hair..:P..
Thank you very much ^^ I will keep that in mind in the future c:

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#13 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

This is really good. Great work!

WildFLOWER

#14 Post by WildFLOWER »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:This is really good. Great work!
Thanks very much ^^
For updates on future releases:
TWITTER

illeashu
Projects: an adult game

#15 Post by illeashu »

i was unable to download it, but ive heard many good things about it, im going to keep trying