Magical Boutique

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#46 Post by monele »

Just be careful, nya ^.^. Always think that some people might not have seen it. It's like with some big movies. I understand how people assume it's now common knowledge and discuss things with spoilers... but I'm myself a late watcher of many big movies... and it's sad to have them spoiled ^^;...
Anyway...

I'm showing the game to my parents right now and I had a cute moment :
When Framboise is sick, my parents didn't assign any task to her. Strangely, I never thought of that ô_o... But it's true that it's a logical reaction ^^;... *bad manager*

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#47 Post by monele »

The next version will display the current game version during the Ren'Py logo and anytime you press Shift+V. This should help people know if they've patched everything (in case there are further patches after that new version, of course...)

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#48 Post by Counter Arts »

monele wrote:I'm showing the game to my parents right now and I had a cute moment :
When Framboise is sick, my parents didn't assign any task to her. Strangely, I never thought of that ô_o... But it's true that it's a logical reaction ^^;... *bad manager*
Yeah, it got strange when the message popped up asking "Are you sure you don't want to work your sick worker? It's a weekday."

I'm like, "I don't know, maybe because I'm not heartless enough to work her like that. She wouldn't be able to do decent work anyways." Only afterwards did I realize that was an event.
Also found a mistake...
When the framboise was on her 2 day trip, I got the second assistant and there she was back from trip a bit early.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#49 Post by monele »

Good spot ^^ Forgot a condition. Fixed :)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#50 Post by DaFool »

Just an advice for people playing the game in bits and pieces. It's best to save during the Activity Screen.

Saving during cutscenes tend *not* to restore them and you might find yourself in noman's land :shock:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#51 Post by mikey »

Just a question, as I understand it, you do plan to somehow release a final version with the little annoyances fixed, right? It would be nice to have a say 1.1 final version, not just for the RAA, but generally. I'd probably want to download and play (I still haven't properly played it, I'd like to make some time for it so I get into the atmosphere) a version where all the hotfixes or how you should call them would be implemented. 8)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#52 Post by DaFool »

mikey wrote:Just a question, as I understand it, you do plan to somehow release a final version with the little annoyances fixed, right? It would be nice to have a say 1.1 final version, not just for the RAA, but generally. I'd probably want to download and play (I still haven't properly played it, I'd like to make some time for it so I get into the atmosphere) a version where all the hotfixes or how you should call them would be implemented. 8)
Uh...chicken and egg problem :D

More players...more bugs discovered...more fixes
BUT
Players wait for version with fixed bugs
SO
???

Actually it is just ONE major flaw we're focusing on... the "new context" call that messes things up so that rollback and saving don't work right.

1.) Wait on PyTom
2.) Wait for Ren'Py 6.1.1
3.) Disable saves during cutscenes that use 'new context' call

We actually might have a week to go. So more time for new bugs to be discovered.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#53 Post by monele »

To complete DaFool's message : yes, there will be a "somewhatfinaluntilthenextbigbug" version :3... I'm already at 1.0f internally and it seems waiting is a good idea since new bugs are reported every day. I'm pretty sure the biggest ones have been eradicated, but the more I can fix until the next big release, the better.
So... if someone doesn't want to wait, I can post the 1.0f patch, no problem. Otherwise, we might wait for Ren'Py 6.1.1 or some workaround from PyTom.

And who knows... if I get bored in the meantime, we might have additions to the interface.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#54 Post by PyTom »

Wait, what are you waiting on from me? I didn't know I was being waited upon.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#55 Post by DaFool »

PyTom wrote:Wait, what are you waiting on from me? I didn't know I was being waited upon.
Is it something which you can do something about...the context call thing...
if not, no biggy, we'll just work around with the restricted saves.

But you did mention 6.1.0 was cursed and will be working on 6.1.1 in the coming week or so...

(And we don't want our game to be cursed 8) )

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#56 Post by PyTom »

The context call save thing isn't fixable, as that defeats the point of calling in a context. I thought you were going to work around it using "call expression".

I don't see anything in 6.1.0 that will break Magibou.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#57 Post by DaFool »

Monele, verdict? :D

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#58 Post by monele »

Call expression is possible?... Woop! I'll try with this then ^^

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#59 Post by monele »

Uwah~... Here's my dilemma :

Code: Select all

if len(magasin.quests) > 0: # les quêtes en cours
        $ for i in magasin.quests:
            call expression i.startlabel from _call_active_quests
        #
    #
How can I have a for loop outside of a python block?...... Or how can I have a call-from inside a python block? o_o;....

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#60 Post by Taleweaver »

The game glitched on me when I tried to send Fram to the Crevice of Angst by chariot:
I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

TypeError: len() of unsized object

While executing game script on line 5 of D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/resolve.rpy.
While executing python code on line 5 of D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/resolve.rpy.
While executing python code on line 120 of D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/resolve.rpy.
While executing python code on line 672 of D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/taskclasses.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gtz T. Heinrich\Desktop\Magiclal Boutique\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 166, in bootstrap
File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gtz T. Heinrich\Desktop\Magiclal Boutique\renpy\main.py", line 275, in main
File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gtz T. Heinrich\Desktop\Magiclal Boutique\renpy\main.py", line 92, in run
File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gtz T. Heinrich\Desktop\Magiclal Boutique\renpy\execution.py", line 97, in run
File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gtz T. Heinrich\Desktop\Magiclal Boutique\renpy\ast.py", line 375, in execute
File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gtz T. Heinrich\Desktop\Magiclal Boutique\renpy\python.py", line 851, in py_exec_bytecode
File "D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/resolve.rpy", line 5, in <module>
File "D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/resolve.rpy", line 120, in solve
File "D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/taskclasses.rpy", line 672, in solve
TypeError: len() of unsized object

While executing game script on line 5 of D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/resolve.rpy.
While executing python code on line 5 of D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/resolve.rpy.
While executing python code on line 120 of D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/resolve.rpy.
While executing python code on line 672 of D:\Jeux\MagicalBoutique\magbou/game/taskclasses.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.1.0c
What's wrong?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira