Culina: The Spirit of Cooking [BxG][Modern Day]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

Re: Culina: The Spirit of Cooking [BxG][Modern Day]

#46 Post by netravelr »

For those interested in the behind-the-scenes work in making Culina come to life, I did a post on the Moustachio Studios site about how I brought the characters to life with a minimal amount of art possible for the largest "bang for your buck" so to speak. For those interested, check it out here!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey

#47 Post by netravelr »

Continuing along with the Culina push, I've just submitted The Spirit of Cooking to the Ouya store! I'll keep you posted on when I get through the submission process.

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#48 Post by netravelr »

Culina: The Spirit of Cooking is now available on the OUYA! You should be able to get it on your OUYA device in the Discover section or by going here and clicking on the "Push to my OUYA" button: https://www.ouya.tv/game/Culina-The-Spirit-of-Cooking/
Attachments
Ouya Game Download Page
Ouya Game Download Page

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#49 Post by sasquatchii »

I really liked this game! However, as a player, I was dissatisfied with the ending I got.
I got the ending where you graduate & Emily gets mad because you won't ask your parents for money, so the 2 of you break up. I didn't really understand why I got this ending. I thought I made good choices, and feel like I was sort of punished- though I don't really know why.
But besides that, I enjoyed it. I found one grammar error. When you first meet Prof. Silver, he says
"I cook. And I will help you guys to cook."
I think it should be
"And I will help you guys cook." Or "I will help you guys learn to cook."
One other thing, and this is nitpicky. I noticed that when we first meet emily, when she blinks, the outlines around her sprite thin and change a bit. It's very subtle but I was able to notice it.

Other than that, this game was awesome! I really liked the GUI and the art, and it was fun to play through!
ImageImage

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by netravelr »

sasquatchii wrote:I really liked this game! However, as a player, I was dissatisfied with the ending I got.
I got the ending where you graduate & Emily gets mad because you won't ask your parents for money, so the 2 of you break up. I didn't really understand why I got this ending. I thought I made good choices, and feel like I was sort of punished- though I don't really know why.
But besides that, I enjoyed it. I found one grammar error. When you first meet Prof. Silver, he says
"I cook. And I will help you guys to cook."
I think it should be
"And I will help you guys cook." Or "I will help you guys learn to cook."
One other thing, and this is nitpicky. I noticed that when we first meet emily, when she blinks, the outlines around her sprite thin and change a bit. It's very subtle but I was able to notice it.

Other than that, this game was awesome! I really liked the GUI and the art, and it was fun to play through!
Good catch on the error! I'll get that fixed. It's kinda strange because the blinking uses the same sprite aside from putting something on top of her eyes so I'm not sure how it would thin.... I'll keep an eye on it

About the ending:
There's no way that you can avoid breaking up with Emily in The Spirit of Cooking, however you will see her in Hands in the Kitchen and basically sets up the whole main plot for the second game.

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by netravelr »

Uploaded a new version! This one contains some spelling, grammar fixes, and a revised background with our website on it and showing that we're currently funding on our Kickstarter for the sequel. Pick it up at http://culinagame.com!