Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
llplldll
Regular
Completed: Memento Dears

Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

#1 Post by llplldll »

Update! 7/05/14************
Ive completed the Renpy version of this game so its now playable on Mac and Linux, in addition to Windows.
Also previous bugs are all gone, this is a totally new build. I updated the download link at the end of this post.

This game is an otome Visual Novel/Date Sim

Story:
Melodie Adams has not always had the best of luck. However, recently things seem to be turning around for her.
She’s pretty sure that she is in love with someone and that they feel the same way about her.
But just as everything starts to line up, something big happens. A terrible accident leaves her right back at the beginning.
Now, with a major hindrance derailing her, will she get back on course? …or find a new path?

Details:
About 59,000+ words
2 pursue-able Love interests (+1 hidden)
6 endings (with additional variations)

Download it here:
itch.io link
Mediafire Link
(Windows, Mac and Linux)

Authors notes (old versions):
This is my first game so please excuse the lack of polish. Im still trying to learn a lot about how to do these things ^^;
I built my own VN engine using a visual programming software, while it does get the job done its missing a few of the nicer
bells and whistles. In the future I’d like to add on to this title and make it a little better.
Last edited by llplldll on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

#2 Post by Googaboga »

Wow congrats on finishing your first VN : D. This looks very impressive ^^. I'll be sure to let you know what I think once I have a chance to play the game.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#3 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Wow! This looks amazing! congratulations on your first visual novel! I'll be sure to finish this game when I have the time:)
i'll cry if you yell at me

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by 15385bic »

looks nice! i'm dll it right now too!
congrats on ur first release! (u built it all urself? OoO!? - woah)

Moon20
Regular

#5 Post by Moon20 »

congrats for release your first game, the game so interesting out.
I download this game but when I shall play the game and after I choice text faster, the game stopped playing and I couldn't play this game at all

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#6 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Um, I played to day 2, and when I try to do "Job" in the gym, it returned to the classroom's background and just kept showing the "..." for a long time. I couldn't do anything but to close the game.
Anw, it's really great that you build your own engine, of course there are glitches here and there, but keep developing it 'kay? Hope to see more from you! :D
Edit: So I loaded the game and did different things, then try "Job" again, it worked fine. The only thing now is I can't get from April 11 to April 12, it turned to the classroom background and kept "..." again :(

Moon20
Regular

#7 Post by Moon20 »

yes same happened to me:-) and I start to like this game very much

llplldll
Regular

#8 Post by llplldll »

Ok, Im working on fixing that!
Lol, Sorry about all the glitches Its so easy to miss these things ^^;

llplldll
Regular

#9 Post by llplldll »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Um, I played to day 2, and when I try to do "Job" in the gym, it returned to the classroom's background and just kept showing the "..." for a long time. I couldn't do anything but to close the game.
Anw, it's really great that you build your own engine, of course there are glitches here and there, but keep developing it 'kay? Hope to see more from you! :D
Edit: So I loaded the game and did different things, then try "Job" again, it worked fine. The only thing now is I can't get from April 11 to April 12, it turned to the classroom background and kept "..." again :(
Ive managed to pinpoint the reason for that bug, there's a cut scene there that seems to keep getting stuck. It happened before but I thought I fixed it! :( I'll go back in and try another solution...

@Moon20
Are you also getting stuck at April 11/12?

Im curious, if you don't mind me asking, what version of windows are you all using? (windows 7? 8?)

Moon20
Regular

#10 Post by Moon20 »

I'm using windows 7 and yes I'm stuck at April 11/12

llplldll
Regular

#11 Post by llplldll »

Updates!
Ive changed a few things around in the game, so hopefully that strange April 11-12th bug is resolved and I didn't break something else in the meantime ^^;
I could not get the bug to happen for me but I did find a possible cause for it.

@Moon20, @Mimi_Melody please let me know if the game is playable past April 11th for you.

Other changes:
-I added a Quick Save feature during cut scenes.
-I also added load indicators, because sometimes the game hangs while loading certain things.

Download the latest version here: Memento Dears v0.26

(Link at the top post is also updated, older versions are available on my website)

Chibichann
Regular

#12 Post by Chibichann »

hope other platforms for your game comes out soon.....and for a first vn this is fab

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#13 Post by Mimi_Melody »

11-12 April stuff is okay now :D
Um...btw, what's the QS used for? I mean how do you use it? When I quick-saved and quit to main menu, then continue, it only plays from what I saved in the options menu. I think the game's pretty cute and interesting so far (a Load feature would be nice ^^") but still, I like the game!

Kayber

#14 Post by Kayber »

So I started playing your game and it's cute. I like the art style and the fact that you created your own engine is really impressive. Of course, there are a few bugs in it and that's to be expected. Here's the problems I've faced so far:

I went to the store in the mall and was going through the different items. The picture of the teddy bear, plus the YES or NO options remained stuck on the screen. I had to go back to the house and sleep for it to disappear.

I'm on April 11th and went to the courtyard and clicked on a "?". A text box for Khris appears but the ... doesn't go away. Out of curiosity I tried it again, going on the date first with Khris, and then returned and now it's stuck on the "Hey!" textbox. I noticed you asked earlier so I'll say that I'm running Win8 and also have v 0.26

Is there a way to load the game, or do we just save and go to the main screen if we don't like the choices that were made?

llplldll
Regular

#15 Post by llplldll »

@Mimi_Melody Im glad its working! Yay!
Oh and the quick saves are for saving during cutscenes...if you hit the button during a cutscene and exit the game, it should pick up from that point that you hit the QS button.

Ill double check that to make sure the proper things are loading.
Last edited by llplldll on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.