a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - new music downloads!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Musicians][Dramedy][Feb NaNoRenO]

#46 Post by Nellie »

Sorry for lack of response, I have been (and still!) travelling around for personal and business matters, but reading all the feedback really make me happy and motivated!

@tiya_nofurita, WickedRaccoon, rock_an9el, lein, FatUnicornGames, ixWishing
I hope you've finished playing the game by now and have not been disappointed! Awaiting for feedback from you! :)

@ScottySeng
Thanks for the feedback - I'll def try to work around with the SE issues, might even need to seek advice from 'pro' ;)

@ran12
Chinese, and always proud to be one ;) Aro is Asian American is that helps a bit for Sona's character building too!

@mugenjohncel
Nuuuu! Uncle Mugen must play this! I'm not the code master here, hopefully Aro will be able to settle this! We're trying to have some testers to help create the issues to find out where exactly it went wrong! *fingers crossed*

@Asachi
Hehehe... You cheated! Kinda xD I guess it's a bit less fun if you can understand Chinese... (Actually could be more fun, depending on how you look at it lol). PLEASE DO FANARTZ~ OTL

@varyalanis
Thank you so much for your kind review! *sob*
We were actually quite worried the Chinese dialogues might cause too much confusion, and we had a non-Chinese literate friend to test it over and over again! Glad it works out well! I will definitely try to level out the SFXs and compress them in the correct settings if/when we're releasing the remastered version! And possibly the GUI and extra CG for 'omake'! ;)

@DiamondRoseTears
Have you been able to unlock the translation yet? :)

@ririruetoo
Thanks! Glad you feel that way! Aro is a great writer, isn't she? ;)

@Chaotic
Master *ahem* Song ending is kinda our fav - we love trolls :3
I'm happy you like Sona's design too - was a bit worried it was too extreme in the beginning!
As for vocal/original version of "We Are Legend", I will have to talk to the original composer/singer (Gerald Ko) about it. Meanwhile, do check out his YouTube channel. He's my absolute favourite singer - and we are looking to feature more of his stuff in our games in the future (if relevant)

@kumacat5
Oh no! Again, I do hope the coding department (ie. not me lol) will be able to settle this for you! >_<

@sonnet009
Thank you! :)
It was our intention when drafting the game, to make an emotional plot to have the players feel for the characters! Glad to know we didn't fail! :)
@bippers
You caught the Sonic reference! Heheheh! Exactly what we were planning to do - also one of the reasons we named her Sona ;)

@KittyKatStar
Thank you for spending your time to play and review this! And yes, chibis make the world goes round :3

@DiamondRoseTears
That ^#!)@* Hao said at the concert... Sure makes it feel like it's worth it to replay the whole thing again after unlocking the translation mode, doesn't it? ;) We wanted to have the players notice how there have been misunderstandings here and there due to language barriers... But well, everything still works out fine at the end even with some 'slight' *ahem* misunderstanding lol
@Sheridan
Thanks for the input. I noticed this happening when Hao was introducing himself (Chinese fonts). Is there anywhere else that it happens? Please let us know if there is! Thanks a bunch :)

@EchoLove
Have you managed to obtain the Love End? :)

@others
I'd love to reply to everyone - but I'm on a tight schedule, just getting here secretly to tell you all how much I love you, but I gotta rush back to work. Will be back ASAP to respond to you individually! Sorry about that! >_<

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#47 Post by Arowana »

Ahh omg, thanks so much for the replies, everybody! I feel my cold withered heart get a little warmer every time I see someone took the time to leave us a comment. :')

@ blahblah0625
Aww sorry. :( But don't worry - like Mimi_Melody said, the bad end isn't really "bad' at all. At one point, I think it was actually the "happiest" one ahaha.

@ Mimi_Melody
Sounds good! I think we should definitely extend the bonus chapter or do more omake to show what happens with Sona and Hao after the game. (Lol I wonder what kind of wedding dress she would wear, too!)
I'm really glad you were able to emphasize with Sona, as I relate a lot to those kinds of feelings, too. And yeah, she's a nice girl deep down! I'm happy when people are able to see that despite her appearance!
@ Itwasneveradream
Oh no! :( But I'm still glad you were able to feel that much emotion from our work. Let us know what you think when you can. ^^

@ BooHoo
Ah, I'm so glad to hear that! I agree that Sona's irritable slacker attitude is pretty abrasive at the beginning, so I'm really happy when people give her a chance to develop over the course of the game. And I agree Nellie's chibi art is adorable! xD

Haha yes, we must show more of Sona and Hao at the end for the new version! And hmm, that fullscreen problem is similar to the one Uncle Mugen mentioned, but we still haven't been able to recreate it on our own computers. Can I ask what kind of operating system you are using?

@ elysalol
Don't be sorry! I actually feel really honored you came out of lurkdom to review our game. (I actually lurked LSF for a year or two before I was confident enough to make my first post ahaha, so I can relate)

Thanks so much for the compliments on our script and character development -as the writer, I'm especially happy to hear that! Also glad you didn't mind the Chinese translations being unavailable until all the endings were completed! I actually felt very strongly about keeping it locked, so I'm relieved to know I'm not insane/terribly cruel, haha.
Yours were exactly the reactions we were hoping for - trying to make people laugh and cry in the same VN! And yes, I think we will definitely extend the bonus chapter for the remastered version! Maybe with a side story about Sona meeting Hao's parents. :)
@ v3-kei
Thank you so much! I'm relieved to know the pacing for their relationship seemed alright, and that you ended up liking Sona so much! I wonder if we should make the characters look more Chinese, though I guess that might be hard to tell from an anime/manga style. ^^

Hmm, I wonder what would cause the lag for the save/load screens as well. Do you get similar lags when you try to go to the Settings or Extras screens, too?

@ ScottySeng
Thanks for the info! It’s very possible that Audacity has more complex settings that I overlooked – the one I used was for exporting ogg files, and it only had a slider that ranked quality on a scale of 1 to 10 (or something simplified like that). I think I’ll switch to the software you recommended in the future!

I think we’ll replace the Mendelssohn piece and resave the a2 Piano Theme at a higher quality. Let us know if you hear any other songs with issues. (And thanks also for hosting our downloads! I’m really amazed there’s been so many already!)

@ Flowers from Nowhere
Thanks for the update. We haven’t been able to recreate the lag problems on our side, so we’re still in the dark as to what’s causing them. It could be an individual computer issue like you mentioned, but we’ll keep a lookout to see if any other players have similar problems.

And good luck with your game! Sounds like your beta will be out soon, so I’ll look forward to seeing what you’re working on. :)
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

BooHoo

#48 Post by BooHoo »

@ Arowana

I use Windows 7. Hope you can find and fix the problem^^

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#49 Post by Arowana »

@ BooHoo
Omg, thank you so much! I just tried it with Windows 7 and finally figured out what it was! The problem was being caused by the "X" button that is used to hide the textbox, which I had saved as an PNG image that covered the entire screen. For some reason, its focus_mask property, which is supposed to ignore the transparent parts, wasn't working properly on fullscreen. Not sure why, but I resaved the "X" button without the transparent parts, and now it works fine.

Phew, what a relief! Thanks again to you and Uncle Mugen for reporting it. (And now to figure out the other issues people had lol)
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#50 Post by Blue Lemma »

@the team:
Just finished and got all the endings. I feel so squishy :3
Very polished work, cute story, and I love the little drawings Sona and Hao use!

Now I want to go date a punk rock-looking girl hee hee ;)

Oh, and I'm jealous of your UI work m -_- m
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by 15385bic »

just finished one of the endings OTL (why dont i have time to play more T^T!)

gotta say - i loved the music and sound effects
the story was good too - had a smile plastered on my face the whole time

chibi's were my favourite part - so adorable ;D

now off to play it again *_*

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#52 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

I got ending two, then three, then....one? Medium, best, and then weird, anyway. (It hurt to make the bad choices in 3 er... 1? The Mugen end, I mean.)
But in the best ending.... I also cried. How is it that I can read other people's reviews of your guys' things like this and Pirate Mermaid and not be totally sold? Seriously... I... Hao....and Sona, I liked them so much, and that flute player.... And the...I played through all the endings to get the translation, only to want to see the best parts in their original way but that epilogue....... ;___;
I don't even know. I can't express enough how happy this incredible little game has made me...I had to play it all in one sitting...there was no tearing myself away from it.

And the GUI! And all of it....... I am astounded and amazed... and games like these inspire me to work even harder on mine. Good luck with all your endeavors and thank you guys again for creating such an amazing game!!

lein

#53 Post by lein »

For a one month project game.... this game is absolutely outstanding.
The GUIs, the artworks, CGs, and especially the plots. TOTAL AWESOMENESS.
congratulations! :D

So far I've already got 2 endings, and still wonder how to get ??? end... I've already tried numerous times but still couldnt get it...
can someone help me? /sobs
since I haven't completed all 100%, I guess I'll give my longer feedback later on - -)/
My artworks on deviantART.
Now also opening commission! *shameless promotion mode on

I wish I could start off my own VN thread ASAP ._.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#54 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you, thank you everyone for the reviews and we're very glad that you enjoyed our first work as a team... Ahem.
I'm really sorry that I can't answer everyone's reviews but please believe that making someone cry (haha) is a really great success for us.

Actually I have this crazy idea of making the other orchestra members have sprites in the expansion, but...
lein wrote:For a one month project game.... this game is absolutely outstanding.
The GUIs, the artworks, CGs, and especially the plots. TOTAL AWESOMENESS.
congratulations! :D

So far I've already got 2 endings, and still wonder how to get ??? end... I've already tried numerous times but still couldnt get it...
can someone help me? /sobs
since I haven't completed all 100%, I guess I'll give my longer feedback later on - -)/
Basically:
Be rude to him.
It's not worth it.
Go back to sleep.
Agree the orchestra sucks
Don't drink it.
Go to bed.
Run away
Also, I'd really like to make a walkthrough but iunno if someone really needs it yet. But, how to get the good ending is posted here:

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 30#p254365

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#55 Post by fioricca »

AHHHHH I downloaded this the moment it was released but only found time to play it just now. I just. I AM GOING TO BE A BROKEN RECORD OVER HERE and repeat everyone but ahhh ahhhhhh ;___; This was such a beautiful game. The idea of connecting through music is brought poignantly and beautifully through how Sona and Hao did not understand each other, but could connect through their love of music. This is also one of the rare few games where music actually made an emotional impact on me; the music selection was brilliant, and I can't listen to the title screen music without bawling like a baby now. The story was beautifully written, and anyone who didn't cry HAS NO HEART. This would have been such an amazing V-day game indeed!

That said, I only wished that you guys had spent more time on this game instead of trying to rush it. The writing is beautiful, but much of the visuals lack polish. I would also have preferred for a lot of the key scenes to be illustrated. Don't get me wrong -- the writing is FAB and I could already picture the images in my head, but I could see them so vividly that I'm butthurt that there are no accompanying images l-lol. I managed to unlock 7 out of 9 CGs on my first playthrough (love ending), and they were rather awkwardly drawn that it's rather disappointing, because I ended up focusing on the jarring errors instead of immersing myself in that One Special Moment. I understand that this is because all the related artists were rushing, and you did give yourselves a one-month deadline -- but I would not have minded the longer wait if it meant better visuals. The other thing I didn't quite like about the story was Sona's involvement with the gangs/loan sharks; the other parts of the story read like a poetry, but the gangs side of the story interrupted it and it was... not cool. I rolled my eyes a few times at the gang scenes
, even at the part when the whole orchestra banded together to drive the thugs off.
Speaking of the orchestra, I felt that they were fleshed-out enough to at least deserve some side sprites. If time would have permitted you to design them, I say you should have gone for it.

Still, this is definitely one of my favourite romance games. *_* The chemistry was beautifully written, and both Sona and Hao were wonderfully fleshed out. As a matter of fact, can I just enlist myself in Hao's orchestra now dsafsdfad EVEN IF EVERYONE LEFT and I am tone deaf and am useless I would stick by because babbyyyy ;o; I WILL BE YOUR FURENDO AND PENG YOU. O-Oh man the most heartbreaking scene in the game has got to be when he shared his past for me, I just asdfsdfsaahhhhhhh

ANYWAY YES see I am getting incoherent now because great games make me incoherent. Uwaaahh. ♥ Congratulations on your release and an amazing, amazing job on the game!

EDIT; Just saw that you're planning to release a re-made version of the game with... more polished things? My interest for it is lukewarm. Although I would love to see better art in the game, I wouldn't re-play the same story twice for it. To me, this is sort of a one-shot story that loses its edge the second time you play it because you'll know what will happen. |D";; I also wouldn't recommend extending the story as I felt that this version is perfect -- no scene is wasted at all, and I'd hate to read a story that breaks the flow with unnecessary scenes. Unless you're planning on writing another love story featuring say the percussionist and the flutist, I don't think I'll be checking it out.
Last edited by fioricca on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyefrost
Regular

#56 Post by Skyefrost »

I never laugh so much in a vn for a while. XD I felt like the MC during the love ending at the end. Sees surprised face and bunch of Chinese words....aww...he's probably saying how pretty she is. Especially after that he said Bella. you're breautiful

after replaying with english subs instead.... buahhahha! OMG I thought that scene was so touching but he was talking about
her chest? lol. although thanks to him...I noticed it too, Her chest does look bigger...OAO lol
I had trouble getting the ??? route for a while, I finally realized it because I keep reviewing the songs instead of going straight bed.

I loved all the endings and I cried at the love ending thing...geez it's so beautiful.

ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

#57 Post by ngareci »

I thought this game would be good...
But I'm wrong.
This game was really SUPERB!
I like every aspect on it!
how can the UI so beautiful?
And as I said before in WIP thread, the punk hair would make a good trademark.. :wink:
I don't understand chinnese, so I just skip skip when Hao talking, and that makes his personality is weaker than Sonna.
I think it would be nice if you make a version that have Hao's dialogue translated under the chinnese, and can be unlocked after the player finished the game.
It must be an one month full of hardwork to finished this piece.
Congratulations on a good release!
I'll be waiting for your next project!~ :D
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#58 Post by azureXtwilight »

I think it would be nice if you make a version that have Hao's dialogue translated under the chinnese, and can be unlocked after the player finished the game.
Hey, we added it in the game! XD Check the chinese/english translations at the preferences/settings after you beat all the three endings.

ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

#59 Post by ngareci »

azureXtwilight wrote:Hey, we added it in the game! XD Check the chinese/english translations at the preferences/settings after you beat all the three endings.
Aha, I thought it just a glossary, not ingame.. :D
I just beat one, the love ending, time beat 2 other!~
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

morpheme

#60 Post by morpheme »

I don't usually post on these forums, but I thought this game was really beautiful. Sure, there were some rough spots, no doubt due to time constraints, but it managed to make me cry-- and already that's more than I can say for most romantic visual novels I've played.

Great job guys! I'll be looking out for your next work :)