Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#61 Post by chronoluminaire »

monele wrote:Woop then ^^. Will it be a very standard system or did you go for something original?
In some ways it's standard, but it's got one notable feature I've never seen in any RPG I've played: you get to wait to see what the enemies do, and choose to counterattack, defend the person they're attacking, or do something else. Also, you only control Takuya in the combat: Yurika, Tohko, and later Asilana will all do their own thing automatically. And they each act behave differently in combat, too. I'll upload a screenshot of the battle screen tonight :)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#62 Post by Otaku Dash »

chronoluminaire wrote:
monele wrote:Woop then ^^. Will it be a very standard system or did you go for something original?
In some ways it's standard, but it's got one notable feature I've never seen in any RPG I've played: you get to wait to see what the enemies do, and choose to counterattack, defend the person they're attacking, or do something else. Also, you only control Takuya in the combat: Yurika, Tohko, and later Asilana will all do their own thing automatically. And they each act behave differently in combat, too. I'll upload a screenshot of the battle screen tonight :)
Nice! *jumps happyly* looking foward to see it... I showed elven Relations to a guy met some time ago tha loves anime and managa and he was most impressed by it aswell (yep I'm doing my function of bringing people into the visula novel side and also support Ren'py *winks*). Tons of work lately as I'm on uni exams but I'll keep going little by little foward on ER to put a proprer review when I can... though i dunno if it would be best for me to pick up v.1.1 when it comes out...what would be your opinion Chrono?
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran

#63 Post by chronoluminaire »

Otaku Dash wrote:I showed elven Relations to a guy met some time ago tha loves anime and managa and he was most impressed by it aswell (yep I'm doing my function of bringing people into the visula novel side and also support Ren'py *winks*).
Yay, excellent!
Tons of work lately as I'm on uni exams but I'll keep going little by little foward on ER to put a proprer review when I can... though i dunno if it would be best for me to pick up v.1.1 when it comes out...what would be your opinion Chrono?
v1.1 is expected within 1.5 days, so at this stage I'd say just hang on a little and wait for that :) Get in some good uni work until then, so that you have time to play it once v1.1 comes out ;)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#64 Post by Blue Lemma »

chronoluminaire wrote:v1.1 is expected within 1.5 days, so at this stage I'd say just hang on a little and wait for that :)
Will it have my Tohko fanservice? :wink:

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#65 Post by monele »

Sounds interesting ^__^ *waits, now*

Wushu Mastermind

#66 Post by Wushu Mastermind »

Oh boy! Like a whole new game. It'll give me another 3 hours of entertainment... even if it is almost the same..

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran

Screenshots

#67 Post by chronoluminaire »

Here you go, as promised: screenshots of the combat engine ^^;; that's coming in the Elven Relations v1.1 release, on track for tomorrow...
Attachments
A second screenshot of the combats
A second screenshot of the combats
Screenshot of the new battle engine
Screenshot of the new battle engine

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#68 Post by monele »

Mufuuuu!... *ponders how this will move* o___o... *eager now*

teankun
Regular

#69 Post by teankun »

wow, looks promising

Will all the different choices during combat affect the out come of the final ending?

chisa-chan
Regular

#70 Post by chisa-chan »

Ooohh, cool.... :o
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran

v1.1 released!

#71 Post by chronoluminaire »

Aaaaand... v1.1 is out! I've added the download links to the first post.

As an added bonus, SunKitten has put together seven wallpapers / desktop backgrounds! So for those of you who like the idea of an elven ambassador behind your icons, head on over to the Elven Relations webpage and hit the "Desktop backgrounds" link.

mikey, it'd be great if you could add this version to the Ren'ai Archives, including the Linux and Mac versions.
Misuzu, feel free to update the version in the main visualnews mirror. I've got the links pointing to my subdomain of visualnews at the moment.

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#72 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Totally stole the Makoto desktop. X3

Yay V. 1.1!! I'm totally grabbing it as we speak!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#73 Post by DaFool »

Finally, thank you! :D

Will give it a shot as soon as I go to an internet cafe...

And as the first Ren'Py game to successfully integrate a Battle Engine, it deserves a writeup in random featured games list.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#74 Post by monele »

Waii~... I get something fresh to play on this Sunday ^___^... Arigatou!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#75 Post by DaFool »

The battle engine is pretty nice. It isn't bloated with too many options, the graphical display of whose ATK time is up next is clear and intuitive, and things are simple and fun in execution.

If only you were able to control each player, not just Takuya, it would be just perfect.

And there's a lot of extras, although it becomes a bit too much collecting them, since you have to start from the beginning to rack up points for every girl (the Episode 4 CG event is no guarantor of getting the good end even if you do things right from that point on.)