Moe Escape [Escape the room, Horror, Cuteness]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Endorphin
Veteran

Re: Moe Escape [Escape the room, Horror, Cuteness]

#46 Post by Endorphin »

^ I stuck there first too, but there's a lamp on the desk, hun. :'D

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#47 Post by LVUER »

if you absolutely can't see anything, then may be the gamma setting on your monitor is set too low. Try looking for a desk lamp.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#48 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Ah, thanks! Found the lamp!

Okay, I am at the keypad part and am frustrated! I am going to keep trying and if I don't get it, I'll ask for help XD
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#49 Post by Blue Lemma »

Played it, liked it, cute stuff! I loved it when she was trying to reach the light >3
Poor Fabienne ;_;
I'd love to see a longer game from you like this.

I had to go try Ellie after Moe Escape... Talk about walkthrough bait on that game o_O
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#50 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I just played it ! ^_^
It was so short, but still fun indeed ^_^
It took me quite some time to figure out the last code..congrats on making this game ^_^

By the way, Fabienne is so cute and it's pity for her to end up like that T_T
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#51 Post by janrrah18 »

wwwaaahhhhh!!!the last puzzle is killing me'h brainszzz....!!!! :shock:
but i don't want to give up just yet.. :lol:
it's really fun i like this kinds of games i always play Mystery Case Files... :mrgreen:

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

#52 Post by xavimat »

janrrah18 wrote:wwwaaahhhhh!!!the last puzzle is killing me'h brainszzz....!!!! :shock:
it's really fun i like this kinds of games i always play Mystery Case Files... :mrgreen:
If you want a hint:
Try to compare the paper with the numbers and the keypad at the door... What is strange?
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

saguaro
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Locked-In, Sunrise, The Censor
Organization: Lucky Special Games
itch: saguarofoo

#53 Post by saguaro »

I enjoyed this. You did a great job, not even taking the short time frame into consideration. I like puzzle games that have a clear direction and the last puzzle on this was a good one.

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#54 Post by janrrah18 »

I have already finished it..the last puzzle was very clever indeed..hehehheehehe :lol:
but the ending was quite..uhhhmmm..uuuhh..how do i say this??...hmmm..Incomplete??...(is that it?? or i'm the only one who wants more that's why i felt it was incomplete??)
xavimat wrote:
janrrah18 wrote:wwwaaahhhhh!!!the last puzzle is killing me'h brainszzz....!!!! :shock:
If you want a hint:
Try to compare the paper with the numbers and the keypad at the door... What is strange?
ooohh..thank youuu soo mucchhh for the hint (eventhough i didn't get to see it before i solved it..ehehehe)
but no worries thank you for the effort of giving that hint.. :mrgreen:

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#55 Post by Desu_Cake »

janrrah18 wrote:but the ending was quite..uhhhmmm..uuuhh..how do i say this??...hmmm..Incomplete??...(is that it?? or i'm the only one who wants more that's why i felt it was incomplete??)
Well, you are kinda
dead
so I don't see how it can get any more complete than that.

Chibichann
Regular

#56 Post by Chibichann »

The game was FAB,but i did not quite get the keypad thingy puzzle........and still do not, any spoilers please or maybe hints.......

ixWishing
Veteran

#57 Post by ixWishing »

xavimat wrote:
If you want a hint:

Ahhhh, I'm still a bit stuck QQ.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#58 Post by Googaboga »

This was a very cute game. I wish I could have learned a little more about the two characters but all in all I had a lot of fun and there were some nifty puzzles ^^.
ixWishing wrote:
xavimat wrote:
If you want a hint:

Ahhhh, I'm still a bit stuck QQ.
Here is another hint. I don't want to give away too much away though so I'll use two different spoilers so you don't have to read it all if you don't need to.
Some of the numbers are at a weird angle. They aren't facing up right.
If you still need help:
The paper and grid are both 4x4 squares. Since the square is even you could turn the paper so that something else is facing up and it would still match to the keypad.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#59 Post by Ionait »

Hi! I played your game as something different to get my hands on and really enjoyed it! I fought every urge to look up the last puzzle, and eventually I figured it out! I got it after transferring the puzzle to a piece of notebook paper. (And I highly recommend the same to anyone who is stuck there.) And I have to say, when you write down your own notes/maps to solve in game problems, it certainly makes it feel like a real old school adventure game, and I love it!

I'm not sure if this is considered spam, and if so let me know, but I did a kind of let's play of Moe Escape with my friends along for the ride and it's posted on my YouTube Channel here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGOMPe7n ... Yg&index=1. :D

Must. Have. Sequel!

Oh! And:
Skarn wrote:Very short game, but enjoyable nonetheless. For most of the stories, I was pretty sure that :
The girl was the madwoman behind all of this. Look at it: the main character is chained in a strange room, when she is free to move. She does not take any initiative before we wake up, but does everything we say, except unchaining us. She is clearly toying with us! She is using her moe power to manipulate the player! Actually, the ending does not contradict this: she could be lying and faking an attack from an imaginary other culprit.
I actually think there is a potential for a sequel or an extended version, with more rooms, and perhaps, also, more plot.
I totally agree! The red flag for me was when she took the rock to break the mirror and was like "this is so much fun!" And when she talks about the murder written on the wall, she does so with a smile like she thinks it's incredibly funny.

LolicOnion
Regular

#60 Post by LolicOnion »

Ionait wrote:Hi! I played your game as something different to get my hands on and really enjoyed it! I fought every urge to look up the last puzzle, and eventually I figured it out! I got it after transferring the puzzle to a piece of notebook paper. (And I highly recommend the same to anyone who is stuck there.) And I have to say, when you write down your own notes/maps to solve in game problems, it certainly makes it feel like a real old school adventure game, and I love it!

I'm not sure if this is considered spam, and if so let me know, but I did a kind of let's play of Moe Escape with my friends along for the ride and it's posted on my YouTube Channel here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGOMPe7n ... Yg&index=1. :D

Must. Have. Sequel!

Oh! And:
Skarn wrote:Very short game, but enjoyable nonetheless. For most of the stories, I was pretty sure that :
The girl was the madwoman behind all of this. Look at it: the main character is chained in a strange room, when she is free to move. She does not take any initiative before we wake up, but does everything we say, except unchaining us. She is clearly toying with us! She is using her moe power to manipulate the player! Actually, the ending does not contradict this: she could be lying and faking an attack from an imaginary other culprit.
I actually think there is a potential for a sequel or an extended version, with more rooms, and perhaps, also, more plot.
I totally agree! The red flag for me was when she took the rock to break the mirror and was like "this is so much fun!" And when she talks about the murder written on the wall, she does so with a smile like she thinks it's incredibly funny.
OH WOOOW!!!

That was a super crazy experience actually watching someone play my game.

It helped me see a bunch of things that I definitely could've improved to make it easier for the player. But at the same time, I wanted to keep that feeling of old school games where you're just thrown into a game with little to no explanation of how to play.

Sorry there's only one ending, but I'm glad you enjoyed solving the final puzzle. AND thanks for making that awesome video! I watched the whole thing and really really enjoyed watching you go through the process. I was surprised when you immediately knew you needed to smash the mirror to cut the rope to get the box to turn on the light lol xD

Again, thanks a lot!

EDIT: Do you have a Deviant Art account?