Moe Escape [Escape the room, Horror, Cuteness]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Endorphin
Veteran

Re: Moe Escape [Escape the room, Psychological, Horror, Cute

#16 Post by Endorphin »

As for the ending, I know it's not exactly the ending you're expecting after all the hard work to get out, so sorry about that. Maybe I can spin it into a sequel of some sort? xD Something with harder puzzles perhaps.
Oh, it was better then expected. :>
(And kind of logical--I mean, who would leave the keys in a prison if not to do this?)
I was actually expecting the girl to slaughter me after playing this kind of sick game--I just don't trust cute things. :'D

ixWishing
Veteran

#17 Post by ixWishing »

QQ. Im stuck on the puzzle. Blahh. Any hints? LOL.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#18 Post by LVUER »

I thought there are 2 endings because it's as if the game giving hint there are more than 1 ending
Like where Fabienne mentioned that the spot under the table makes a good hiding space
I finish the game within 5 minutes and spent another 2 hours figuring out the "best" ending...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

#19 Post by xavimat »

Played and enjoyed a lot! Thanks LolicOnion for making it.
I realized soon how the password worked... but to quickly that I didn't got it the first time.
:)

We're waiting for the sequel!! :P
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#20 Post by latte »

The game is very well done, and yes Fabienne is moe, but I couldn't figure out the password so I can't say about the ending :'D

Aines445
Regular

#21 Post by Aines445 »

I was waiting for this! Well, more for the psychological escape the room thing and not moe (I'm not saying that Fabienne wasn't moe, because she was). I played everything except the last puzzle, and I had to quit the game, and there are no saves X.X. It kind of reminds me of sudoku, but that probably has nothing to do with the solution to it, especially because of
Those circles, I suspect they are for the green and red buttons, because they are circles at the top, but I seriously have no idea.
Even if I didn't finish it, I enjoyed it, and Fabienne's personality made me not pay attention to the creepy music, and that's a good thing since the music scared me, I almost thought the game was timed or something, and that the scarier the music becomes, the less time you have left and you die, but I was so wrong XD.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#22 Post by LVUER »

OOT, actually it can be scarier if the protagonist isn't chained at that time. I mean it's not like something bad can happen when you're stuck in a locked room with a cute moe girl like that, in situation like that... right?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Cadenza
Regular
Projects: Ghost Memory

#23 Post by Cadenza »

LVUER wrote:OOT, actually it can be scarier if the protagonist isn't chained at that time. I mean it's not like something bad can happen when you're stuck in a locked room with a cute moe girl like that, in situation like that... right?
The protagonist isn't necessarily a leering male.

Re: the game, I really like it! I'd make a few changes to the UI, but they're just extra polishy things (have the cursor react when you hover over a usable area, maybe have the perspective arrows moved to the side of the screen where you can move to e.g. left arrow on the left side of the right room half and vice versa).

I haven't finished it because I exited to the main menu before finishing the parchment puzzle expecting there to be a "save game" option. Oops.

LolicOnion
Regular

#24 Post by LolicOnion »

To those wondering why you can't save: I tried for hours and hours to get an imagemap to work for the save game page but it was just beyond my expertise. So as to not ruin the atmosphere of the game with a random renpy menu, I just decided to leave the save feature out completely. And since the game is so short I figured it was an ok sacrifi

@LVUER sorry! Only one ending lol. Seeing the reactiins, I probably should have made a more rewarding ending, or at least two endings.

Cadenza
Regular
Projects: Ghost Memory

#25 Post by Cadenza »

Any hints as to the final puzzle, LolicOnion?

LolicOnion
Regular

#26 Post by LolicOnion »

Sure!
To solve the final puzzle, youll need to look at the paper from four different orintations. I.e. you can obtain each part of the code with a 90 degree turn of the paper. If that makes sense.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by DaFool »

I'm not really into "moe", but damn Fabienne was moe. It would be great if she had the ability to smash anything in the room though
not just the mirror!
Her 'animations' (if you can call them that) were charming.

Hey, does the toy on the floor do anything?

And I'd have to say your programming and especially puzzle design was particularly awesome. I tinkered with puzzle designs for Adrift and in the end decided to scrap all efforts since it detracted from immersion.

I'm being serious when I say all you need is a team behind you and you can make the next 999 and Virtues Last Reward.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#28 Post by teacup »

DaFool wrote:I'm being serious when I say all you need is a team behind you and you can make the next 999 and Virtues Last Reward.
I thought the same. I was definitely reminded of 999 with the puzzle design, and I think if you go for something more complex, you could make a game just like it. I hope you make more escape the room games in the future, with a more detailed story behind it. ^^
I'm also curious about the creepy bunny toy. Did it have any purpose or not?

LolicOnion
Regular

#29 Post by LolicOnion »

teacup wrote:I'm also curious about the creepy bunny toy. Did it have any purpose or not?
Hahaha xD That bunny toy lol

Originally there wasn't going to be anything in that spot, but I thought the left side of the room would feel too empty. So I decided to put something there. Eventually I decided on the bunny toy and I had in mind like those scary movies with possessed children and stuff lol. So I just thought the random bunny toy would be good for creepy ambience.
DaFool wrote:And I'd have to say your programming and especially puzzle design was particularly awesome. I tinkered with puzzle designs for Adrift and in the end decided to scrap all efforts since it detracted from immersion.

I'm being serious when I say all you need is a team behind you and you can make the next 999 and Virtues Last Reward.
Wha- Wow. Thank you! That really means a lot to me! I wasn't expecting such positive responses from so many people. AT ALL.
DaFool wrote:I'm not really into "moe", but damn Fabienne was moe. It would be great if she had the ability to smash anything in the room though

Her 'animations' (if you can call them that) were charming.
Thanks! I spent a heck of a lot of time drawing all of her different sprites. Most nights my hand would start to go numb from drawing so much! xD

And your idea about her being able to smash anything-- BRILLIANT. That would be such a cute extras feature I think. Like if you beat the game, it opens up a new game mode where you can find a hammer and just smash stuff after its served its purpose. Oh man, I definitely need to do that xD

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#30 Post by Alera »

I just loved that game!!! >w< Finished it too quickly, I need more!

When I got to the final puzzle at first I was like "Wha~, my brain can't handle this at 5:30 am, if not at all, what am I gonna do?! QAQ" then I looked at the paper again and thought "Heeey, wait a second..." and I got it! \O/ Like everyone else said, it was very clever~ You're good at this!!! Please, make more games like that! You have all my support. <3
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)