Zefii - A Transcendent Journey [Romance/Adventure] UPDATE!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

Re: Zefii - A Transcendent Journey [Romance/Adventure]

#31 Post by Anne »

You probably can't max her affection. For other endings you have to find
the 3d diamond
- actually I doubt anybody can find that out on their own (at least I had to ask the game creator)
If for some reason you're not too eager about yet another pixel-hunting mission the location for it is
the passage leading to Zefil's room, the light above the door to the right

animedaisuki
Regular
Completed: Zefii Beta 1.0
Projects: Zefii - A Transcendent Journey
Organization: Balibu Studios

#32 Post by animedaisuki »

Hi, due to requests from various players, I will be uploading the official walkthrough on the game website (it will be divided into parts since it takes a while to explain things) starting from this weekend. The game is beatable (ie you can get the good endings). Many have already completed the game. Please note, as it says in the description in the first post, that this is not an ordinary visual novel. it contains various exploration elements from escape-from-the-room type of games.

animedaisuki
Regular

#33 Post by animedaisuki »

While I understand that going online may be inconvenient for some players, I included this feature because I think game creators need more protection for their copyright. A simple flash game can take up to several months to complete. This game actually took more than 6 months. It is morally wrong to download and upload someone else's game elsewhere. The original game creator never receives anything. Although the game studio is nonprofit, for all our profit will be used to save abandoned animals, I still want to find a solution to this problem of pirated copies and illegal downloads. I hope you, as game creator and/or players, can all understand.

Also, you can skip the OP (when you are replaying the game) by clicking really fast until you get to the "what is your name" part.
Last edited by animedaisuki on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#34 Post by fleet »

I'd recommend making the 'hot spots' and jewels more easy to recognize. I had to randomly click around the screen to find the hot spots. Pixel hunting is NOT my idea of fun.
I like the artwork.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

animedaisuki
Regular

#35 Post by animedaisuki »

Are you referring to the visible jewels or the hidden ones? The hidden ones are meant to be invisible. It's like those invisible items in Pokemon. Most of the hidden gems don't affect your gameplay. Only one (a diamond) changes the ending.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#36 Post by fleet »

Since you asked, the visible jewels are hard to see, and not recognizable as jewels. I don't play Pokemon, so I can't comment on invisible items in it.
Thanks for letting me know; I don't play pixel hunt games.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

animedaisuki
Regular

#37 Post by animedaisuki »

I believe there are only 3 visible jewels? The one in Zefii's room and two diamonds. All 3 are pretty big? There shouldn't be any jewels beside those three. So if you didn't see one, it was probably not visible... When you find a hidden item, it should say "you found a hidden XXXXX"

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#38 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

The original game creator never receives anything.
this is a free game isn't it? I don't see how that even matters, and even so preventing copyright infringement is no excuse for bad design. if you don't want people to get your game in other places, why not just require a password or something and then have the game constantly reference a needless variable that's only initialized if the password was valid?
you can skip the OP (when you are replaying the game) by clicking really fast
that's what I tried to do the first time. having to click repeatedly to skip it is really annoying.
this is not an ordinary visual novel. it contains various exploration elements from escape-from-the-room type of games.
and this is where the problem lies. your exploration elements aren't any good. at the very least the player needs the chance to explore before being punished for doing something. also, that first room has too many images with only one thing in them. it ruins the feeling of exploration.

animedaisuki
Regular

#39 Post by animedaisuki »

I appreciate your comment. But it simply seems like this is not the type of game for you. Different people have different preferences. I personally dislike the traditional visual novel where there is minimum interaction and a bunch of reading. But lots of people like it that way. You are free to express your dislikes, but I think it has more to do with the fact that you don't like this particular type of game.

animedaisuki
Regular

#40 Post by animedaisuki »

UPDATE: Part One of the walkthrough is up on the site now! Check it out if you get stuck or if you want to find out more secrets about the game!

animedaisuki
Regular

#41 Post by animedaisuki »

UPDATE: Part Two of the walkthrough is now released! Check the game website for details

animedaisuki
Regular

#42 Post by animedaisuki »

UPDATE: Part Three of the walkthrough is now on the game site. This leads all the way to the Demon Realm.

animedaisuki
Regular

#43 Post by animedaisuki »

UPDATE: Final part of the walkthrough is uploaded on the game site. The walkthrough is now COMPLETE!

animedaisuki
Regular

Re: Zefii - A Transcendent Journey [Romance/Adventure] UPDAT

#44 Post by animedaisuki »

quite a number of people have asked me to release the full version of the game on iphone/ipad... is there any hope of doing that with renpy? any new development? help me out pls?