Zefii - A Transcendent Journey [Romance/Adventure] UPDATE!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
animedaisuki
Regular
Completed: Zefii Beta 1.0
Projects: Zefii - A Transcendent Journey
Organization: Balibu Studios

Re: Zefii - A Transcendent Journey

#16 Post by animedaisuki »

np! thanks for all the help! i'll fix some bugs first. I wasn't gonna change the game since it's only a beta version now. But i do want players to see the ending... so i'll fix the bugs now.

animedaisuki
Regular

#17 Post by animedaisuki »

ok, new link is up on the website. it should work now! enjoy!

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#18 Post by Anne »

I wonder if you should choose cosplaying as dragon ball character to win her heart..)

animedaisuki
Regular

Re: Zefii - A Transcendent Journey [Romance/Adventure]

#19 Post by animedaisuki »

For those who downloaded the earlier Beta version released on the first night, if you encounter a bug when you follow Reika to your room, just click "ignore" and move on. The only thing you will miss is 1-min of background music. If you want, you can also download the newer version from our website.

ixWishing
Veteran

#20 Post by ixWishing »

Whoa! This seems super complex and amazing! Going to download it asap (on phone now)
The idea of being able to write your own answer for the phone messages is cool ! Cant wait to try it in game!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Virelai
Regular

#21 Post by Virelai »

Wow. I'm downloading it right now! The plot is great! I'll edit this for a review after a few hours/days. Can't wait to play it! :D

Cardcaptor RaaShaun

#22 Post by Cardcaptor RaaShaun »

Anne wrote:I wonder if you should choose cosplaying as dragon ball character to win her heart..)
So, did you get past that call? The game won't accept anything I type as appropriate input. I keep getting the, "Sorry, I didn't catch that. Could you rephrase your answer?" message. I got so stuck there that I had to re-acclimate to typing with capital letters for this post.

I really like the idea behind this game but with a question this open ended, there need to be some rather blatant hints given if you're going to limit the acceptable responses.

animedaisuki
Regular

#23 Post by animedaisuki »

Hi, as this is still the beta version, we are looking for ways to improve the game. One of the improvements we are hoping to make is to enlarge the database for the phone system. Could you PM me your responses so I can add those to the database for the full version of the game? I apologize for all the inconvenience the limitation of the game has brought you. As you may have read from my initial post, I am not a programmer (more of an artist). I only coded the game because the previous programmer left the team. The idea of the phone system is to have a similar system as the iPhone Siri. But even Siri has various limitations. There are often times when Siri simply says, "Sorry, I did not get that," or "Sorry, I did not understand that. Would you like me to search for XXXXXX on the web?"

For this particular phone call you asked about (there are several phone calls though you may not receive them all depending on how soon you receive the phone), I included all the typical cosplays I could think of... including cat, french maid, policewoman, nurse, and so on. Maybe you could try those?
Last edited by animedaisuki on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anne
Veteran

#24 Post by Anne »

I actually first tried exactly those (except for the policewoman) - they do seem typical to me too. It's a pity it has no effect on the cosplay scene though. I tried some more (kind of exotic ones, none worked) to see if this will raise her affection more, is it possible to max it at all?

animedaisuki
Regular

#25 Post by animedaisuki »

hi, cosplay does increase your affection points. Different responses will add different number of points. It will be somewhere between 1-3 points. Not a lot... Perhaps that's why you didn't realize the change? I'll modify that!

animedaisuki
Regular

#26 Post by animedaisuki »

Just as a side note, there is an alternative route (the one that does not have the cosplay scene). I hope some of you guys managed to hit that route. :D

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#27 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

What kind of players is the game intended for?

This may sound harsh, but after 5 min. of trying to play this game I already found several reasons to delete it and never look at it again. I mean that honestly. Requiring the player to go online for any reason in a game they downloaded is a terrible idea, and is only made worse by telling the player to wait 60 min. if they don't. It doesn't even make sense to try that anyway, as the player can just save right before doing anything. Also, since the only things I saw before getting the message to go online were the aggravatingly slow opening sequence and a series of menus that punish the player for doing anything, it really felt like the game's entire point was to get more people to go to your website.

at the point I stopped trying, I had found Dwight for the first time and then tested out the palace entrance warp thing. the only room that didn't send me back there whenever I tried clicking something was the one with the magic square. if I go to the room with the magic square, I can't go anywhere else without entering in the "code." I don't know if there was something I missed, but the way that's set up is very similar to a trial edition of a program asking for registration. To be clear, I have already tried clicking on everything else in that room that I can see (with full screen).

This visuals in this game look very nice and the plot summary does sound interesting, but unless you can come up with gameplay that is actually playable, it's entirely wasted.

thisisausername
Regular

#28 Post by thisisausername »

KimiYoriBaka wrote: at the point I stopped trying, I had found Dwight for the first time and then tested out the palace entrance warp thing. the only room that didn't send me back there whenever I tried clicking something was the one with the magic square. if I go to the room with the magic square, I can't go anywhere else without entering in the "code." I don't know if there was something I missed, but the way that's set up is very similar to a trial edition of a program asking for registration. To be clear, I have already tried clicking on everything else in that room that I can see (with full screen).
i think i have the same problem. i got stuck after the palace entrance thing and once i entered i couldnt get out. i dont know what i missed and i think i clicked on everything on full screen. is there a walkthrough or something?

Anne
Veteran

#29 Post by Anne »

The code for the tile is in
the room behind the bookcase - before you get to the palace
- guess I was lucky because I had no trouble finding it. The code itself is

thisisausername
Regular

#30 Post by thisisausername »

Anne wrote:The code for the tile is in
the room behind the bookcase - before you get to the palace
- guess I was lucky because I had no trouble finding it. The code itself is
ohh i see yayy i passed that part XD by the way why do i keep getting the bad ending where zefii leaves a letter on the last day, is it because i didnt max the affection points?? (the meter is about less than half full) man i tried so many different options but i cant raise it higher than that T_T is there a ways to get a better ending??