Feather Promises

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
nankaimo
Regular
Completed: Lolita Dress up Game, Feather Promises
IRC Nick: Ems

Feather Promises

#1 Post by nankaimo »

Hello, I just finished making my first Otome game, It's a really small one with only around 2,345 words.
It's not much but I would love it if you gave it a go C:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4elwh ... .0-all.zip

or just stayed here to chat with me!

Plot: You have just arrived in a new city in California the sunshine state. One last minute decision ends up affecting the rest of your day.
(It's a really small Otome, so I can't give away a lot of the plot XD;)
Avgustine is my original character and so is Kip C:

three different endings two of them are good (include the one and only CG lol)

anyways if you try it out I hope you like it!

Maegalkarven
Regular

Re: Feather Promises

#2 Post by Maegalkarven »

It seems interesting, and i love the art. Ok, lets try it!)Downloading now)

nankaimo
Regular

#3 Post by nankaimo »

Maegalkarven wrote:It seems interesting, and i love the art. Ok, lets try it!)Downloading now)
Gah I'm so nervous as to what you will think >//u//< *crosses fingers* I apologize for my terribly drawn backgrounds D: I'm not really good at them OTL
I hope you like it!

Giovedi
Regular

#4 Post by Giovedi »

Downloading now!

Maegalkarven
Regular

#5 Post by Maegalkarven »

nankaimo wrote:
Maegalkarven wrote:It seems interesting, and i love the art. Ok, lets try it!)Downloading now)
Gah I'm so nervous as to what you will think >//u//< *crosses fingers* I apologize for my terribly drawn backgrounds D: I'm not really good at them OTL
I hope you like it!
Ah, Avgustine blushes, so cute) And i'm interested,why you gave him this name?
Yees, she found him!. And i have end with CG! Well, i had to see two other ends, although i like this one.)
For your first otome it's quite good. But it's so short! Please make another otome, or just visual novel!)Ihope you will, and also hope, it will be longer.
I really like this short otome and its art.

Sorry for my bad english c:

nankaimo
Regular

#6 Post by nankaimo »

Giovedi wrote:Downloading now!
>//u//< I hope you enjoy it! I apologize for my ugly drawn backgrounds! Please let me know what you think!

nankaimo
Regular

#7 Post by nankaimo »

Ah, Avgustine blushes, so cute) And i'm interested,why you gave him this name?
Yees, she found him!. And i have end with CG! Well, i had to see two other ends, although i like this one.)
For your first otome it's quite good. But it's so short! Please make another otome, or just visual novel!)Ihope you will, and also hope, it will be longer.
I really like this short otome and its art.

Sorry for my bad english c:
I gave him that name because first I decided I wanted to give him a Russian name (I have a weird obsession with Russia >u< ) and when I was looking at a ton of different Russian names on the internet 'Avgustine' just sounded right, and he looked like an Avgustine too C: he was originally going to be named "Delta" but I changed that to his middle name.

Wow! I'm so glad you liked it and my art :DD It made me so happy to hear all of your compliments! I hope to make another in the future, a longer one, but It's too much work for me to do alone, so I'm thinking of making one with a friend possibly, if shes interested in making one with me that is C: .

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#8 Post by merdeamour »

I loved the art, and I don't think your bgs are ugly at all O.o

The story was pretty good for a short one (I've only gotten the ending with the CG). It didn't really grab me... maybe because everything was too sudden. I have a feeling that you meant to give it an air of spontaneity, but it, um, read a little bit rushed to me.

Anyways, as I said, the art was pretty nice, although the story gave me the vague feeling that it was incomplete... Great job on finishing this, though! :D
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#9 Post by Rozume »

I like the art a lot; the character designs are unique. I especially enjoyed seeing Avgustine's various expressions. ^^

The story's very cute, although it felt a bit rushed.

Great job on your first Otome! I hope to see more from you again. :D

nankaimo
Regular

#10 Post by nankaimo »

merdeamour wrote:I loved the art, and I don't think your bgs are ugly at all O.o

The story was pretty good for a short one (I've only gotten the ending with the CG). It didn't really grab me... maybe because everything was too sudden. I have a feeling that you meant to give it an air of spontaneity, but it, um, read a little bit rushed to me.

Anyways, as I said, the art was pretty nice, although the story gave me the vague feeling that it was incomplete... Great job on finishing this, though! :D
Ah thanks, It wasn't ment to be something that was big only a small one to learn how to use the program so sorry if it felt rushed, I was kinda rushing to finish it lol but I'm glad you liked my art C: and sorry again that it was really short

nankaimo
Regular

#11 Post by nankaimo »

PhoenixStardust wrote:I like the art a lot; the character designs are unique. I especially enjoyed seeing Avgustine's various expressions. ^^

The story's very cute, although it felt a bit rushed.

Great job on your first Otome! I hope to see more from you again. :D
Gah thankyou♥♥ I'm happy you liked my art and my characters ♥

Well to be fair it was rushed D; lol, I only really made it to figure out how the program works, I didn't realize how much work it takes to make one until I was already knee deep in it C:

Thankyou C: I would love to make another! but first I have to get some other people to help in on it, there is no way I can make a full otome by myself XD

MinaThomas

#12 Post by MinaThomas »

You seem to be overly worried about the background but the sample one looks good to me!
Gonna download it and take a look :D

EDIT: Just finished playing
Hmm, wasn't bad especially for your first Otome. I also felt the story was a little rushed but you did say it was just a test. The story itself I thought was a pretty interesting idea though.
Props to the MC for having that courage.
Sometimes you didn't put a capital letter at the start of a sentence – Man that sounds like I'm stuck-up, but it's just a personal pet hate thing even though I've been known to do it from time to time -.-' What I did love though, is Avgustine's hair! The colouring on it is great and it looks so clean and shiny haha I also really did like your backgrounds so don't be so hard on yourself there! :D

nankaimo
Regular

#13 Post by nankaimo »

MinaThomas wrote:You seem to be overly worried about the background but the sample one looks good to me!
Gonna download it and take a look :D

EDIT: Just finished playing
Hmm, wasn't bad especially for your first Otome. I also felt the story was a little rushed but you did say it was just a test. The story itself I thought was a pretty interesting idea though.
Props to the MC for having that courage.
Sometimes you didn't put a capital letter at the start of a sentence – Man that sounds like I'm stuck-up, but it's just a personal pet hate thing even though I've been known to do it from time to time -.-' What I did love though, is Avgustine's hair! The colouring on it is great and it looks so clean and shiny haha I also really did like your backgrounds so don't be so hard on yourself there! :D
Ah thankyou for your critique! Man, I really wish I could go back and edit my grammar mistakes D: sorry that they annoyed you! When I make my next Otome I'll pay extra special attention to grammar and get myself a proof reader!

Lol I actually really like Avgustine's hair too, it turned out pretty nicely XD. Gah thanks I guess I'm just hyper critical of my backgrounds : / but I still hate themmm OTL

Thankyou for your lovely compliments and critique I really appreciate it C: !!

✿ Usagi Totoro ✿

#14 Post by ✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ »

I just Finished it !!! It was great like seriously ! It was GREAT ~! The guy was hot too ~! Please Please make a continuation of this next time !!! I'll wait even forever for the continuation ~!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nankaimo
Regular

#15 Post by nankaimo »

✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ wrote:I just Finished it !!! It was great like seriously ! It was GREAT ~! The guy was hot too ~! Please Please make a continuation of this next time !!! I'll wait even forever for the continuation ~!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Awh that is so lovely of you to say C: >u< thankyou so much! I'm glad you think Avgustine is hot hehe e//w//e. I don't think I will be making a continuation though : / sorry, I'm thinking about making a serious Otome game next though, with multiple characters and the whole lot CX!