Adventures of a Speech Pathologist [VN][Educational]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Adventures of a Speech Pathologist [VN][Educational]

#1 Post by merdeamour »

I can already see people looking away from this disinterestedly as soon as they see the 'Educational' tab ((:

Anyway, this is a VN done for a presentation for my SP100 class--that is, Introduction to Speech Pathology. I was tasked to present the situation of Speech Pathologists in hospitals.

Sooo. Quite boring, really, although I made this VN in the hopes that my presentation won't be a boring one with just the usual Powerpoint.

Still, I hope you can learn at least a little something from this... or maybe even consider taking a course the same as mine (BS Speech Pathology)! xD

Download the all versions game.

Sprites - Me
GUI except textboxes - Me
Script - Me
Programming - Suwamoto
Textboxes by Ookami Kasumi
BGM by Frozen Silence

P.S. This was done in... two weeks. Please forgive the extremely sloppy sprites.T_T The GUI was intentionally sloppy to create the effect of a messy notebook, but the beautiful textboxes did not agree ((:
PPS Yes, this has quite a lot of infodumps (: This is a 'report' after all xD

Some screenshots:
2.png
1.png
3.png
Last edited by merdeamour on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

nankaimo
Regular
Completed: Lolita Dress up Game, Feather Promises
IRC Nick: Ems

Re: Adventures of a Speech Pathologist [Educational]

#2 Post by nankaimo »

Wow this is pretty good for making something under pressure *u*!
Lol i went into the game having no idea what a speech pathologist was but now I feel like I really know what it is (so congrats I think the goal of your game is achieved ^u^ ) and wow I've got to say that they have a TON of responsibilities!
I got the bad ending though v_v i was like "WOw yeah let's go over seas to make more money!!" but then nope OTL
anyways great job ^U^ I'm sure you will get a great grade on your project for going over and above!

merdeamour
Veteran

#3 Post by merdeamour »

nankaimo wrote:Wow this is pretty good for making something under pressure *u*!
Oh my gosh. I never thought that someone would actually download this, let alone play it ((:
nankaimo wrote:
I got the bad ending though v_v i was like "WOw yeah let's go over seas to make more money!!" but then nope OTL
Ahaha! xD I think it's more of a bad ending for those who live in countries with low incomes, and then discover that the price of a dollar is MUCH higher...
nankaimo wrote: anyways great job ^U^ I'm sure you will get a great grade on your project for going over and above!
Ohhhh, thank you so much!
nankaimo wrote:Lol i went into the game having no idea what a speech pathologist was but now I feel like I really know what it is (so congrats I think the goal of your game is achieved ^u^ ) and wow I've got to say that they have a TON of responsibilities!
Wow, I'm really glad to hear that! <3 Once again, THANK YOU! For playing this, for not getting annoyed by my sprite art ((:
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

nankaimo
Regular

#4 Post by nankaimo »

merdeamour wrote:
nankaimo wrote:Wow this is pretty good for making something under pressure *u*!
Oh my gosh. I never thought that someone would actually download this, let alone play it ((:
nankaimo wrote:
Ahaha! xD I think it's more of a bad ending for those who live in countries with low incomes, and then discover that the price of a dollar is MUCH higher...
nankaimo wrote: anyways great job ^U^ I'm sure you will get a great grade on your project for going over and above!
Ohhhh, thank you so much!
nankaimo wrote:Lol i went into the game having no idea what a speech pathologist was but now I feel like I really know what it is (so congrats I think the goal of your game is achieved ^u^ ) and wow I've got to say that they have a TON of responsibilities!
Wow, I'm really glad to hear that! <3 Once again, THANK YOU! For playing this, for not getting annoyed by my sprite art ((:
Haha no problem C: I thought it was interesting, and dude I'm from USA and I went to France recently and the euro is SOO expensive D: so I guess what goes around comes around LOL

Ant-san
Regular
Completed: Snowdrop, The Demon Lord is Mine, PrinHero, PreOdyssey
Projects: The Three Princes and Adarna

#5 Post by Ant-san »

Soooo I played it XD

I actually though the American dude was pretty nice and friendly at first... but yea
he just had to brag about his salary... though he didn't seem to mean to XD
btw, just curious, how did the class/prof react with your presentation? XP
Otome game currently in progress~;)
Feel free to check it out ^_^

Interested in commissioning me?

Finished Project/s:
The Philosopher's War

merdeamour
Veteran

Re: Adventures of a Speech Pathologist [VN][Educational]

#6 Post by merdeamour »

nankaimo wrote: Haha no problem C: I thought it was interesting, and dude I'm from USA and I went to France recently and the euro is SOO expensive D: so I guess what goes around comes around LOL
Oh my, yes, how inconsiderate of me >,< The euro is really very expensive compared even to the dollar D:

Ant-san wrote: Soooo I played it XD

I actually though the American dude was pretty nice and friendly at first... but yea
he just had to brag about his salary... though he didn't seem to mean to XD
Thanks so much for playing this ((:

btw, just curious, how did the class/prof react with your presentation? XP
Class: "oohed" and "aahed", though of course I told them that Suwa was the one who made the magic happen by programming the game ((: (still, they were pretty impressed O.o)

Profs: I think they both liked it xD And after my presentation, one prof told me that using the program was a nice touch, and that Ren'Py could actually be utilized as an interactive program for the patients I'll be treating someday! :D which made me really happy to think that I can really combine fun with learning when I'm working.
-Vincent van Gogh

nankaimo
Regular

Re: Adventures of a Speech Pathologist [VN][Educational]

#7 Post by nankaimo »

Oh my, yes, how inconsiderate of me >,< The euro is really very expensive compared even to the dollar D:
Oh nono D: it's not inconsiderate of you!! A lot of Americans are really ignorant over currency value so they tend to be like the American in your game lol C:
I wasn't trying to be sassy but rather sympathize with the main character of the game v_v sorry if what I said sounded rude D;