Untold Myth 1st Tale -Earthbreaking Flight-

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dunceney
Regular
Completed: Untold Myth 1st Tale
Projects: Untold Myth 2nd Tale

Untold Myth 1st Tale -Earthbreaking Flight-

#1 Post by Dunceney »

Weeeeee~ Finally finished my first project!

Now a little summary for the plot (copied from my WIP page, I'm too lazy to write a new one XDD):

The Lycia region, surrounded by massive, impenetrable mountains. This place was isolated from the world outside. The mountains were too high for most flying creatures to be able to cross them. And below the mountains are filled with adamantine, the hardest mineral in the world, making it almost impossible to get in or out via underground.

Belle, a Chimera living on Lycia region was enjoying her usual peaceful life. Until one day, she met a Harpy from outside of Lycia. The Harpy asked Belle to help her to find the source of unnatural earthquakes that affected the world outside. Little did Belle know that this meeting was going to change her peaceful life into a chaotic one.

Some statistics:
The game contains 997 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 5,447 words,
for an average of 5.5 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.

And screenshots:
Image Image Image

added MF link if you couldn't download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7q2a92shap2iicr

*To enjoy this game to full extent, I advise not to click too fast (except if you have fetish for mouse click, I can't help you with that XDD) since it will skip most of the animations*

Now I want to work on the 2nd Tale soon :D
Attachments
Untold Myth 1st Tale-all.zip
(52.59 MiB) Downloaded 2068 times

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Untold Myth 1st Tale -Earthbreaking Flight-

#2 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ooo! Birthday present! XD
Will be downloading ASAP :D

^_^x

#3 Post by ^_^x »

woot! this game look awesome..d/ling it now =D

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#4 Post by Elenakiara »

Just finished playing it! xD Here's my review, separated into general comments:

Story:
The story itself was both random and interesting for me. I liked seeing the story with new kinds of characters and personalities. Personally, Aello was really scary to me. xD The way that she would just put stuff up her dress was realllyy funny and awkward at the same time. xD The animation really helped the story in my opinion, as it felt more real and went well with what was happening. I feel like it all blended well together. What I didn't like too much was just the fact that the birds chirping and rumbling was both written in the text and heard. I would have preferred to only hear the noise and then Belle comment on it, but it may just be me. xD

Also, and this is a really minor thing, but I felt like this story was geared towards guys more. xDD Not the fact that there were only girls in the story, but the scene were Arges had kind of been de-clothed slightly because of the fire shot by Belle. xD But, keep in mind, I'm a super modest-minded person at times, so take this with a grain of salt. xD

Art:
I liked the drawings and the chibis for extra scenes were quite cute. They kind of reminded me of the ones used in the game in Re:Alistair. :) I already mentioned the animation, but I would still like to mention how nice it was for when they were walking sometimes. xD Well done!

Music:
The music was well chosen and I feel like it blended with the situation. The sounds were good too, but like I mentioned before, it seems like you could simply have them played without typing them up. Simple just for their 'translation'. xD Haha.

All in all, very well done! :) I can't wait to read the next story!
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#5 Post by teacup »

What a cute and funny game XD! I laughed many times!
The animations made it really entertaining and lively, kind of like watching an anime. I agree that having all of the animations definitely helped the story. The music is perfect!
Also, Aello putting things in her skirt... well, that's just awkward XD especially when she said things like "Its stuck pretty deep inside", I was just like... OTL;;;
In a good way, of course.
Anyhoo, awesome job~ :D I'm definitely gonna play the next one.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

The animations and presentation are cute and very charming. But please get an editor to proofread your script. The grammar mistakes spoil what is otherwise a technically excellent work. I'm still able to enjoy the story but only because I'm familiar with the archetypes and am able to read the intent between the lines for someone whose english is a second language.

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#7 Post by babyfish »

Very cute game. Simple storyline, but great use of animation and sound effects. Aello is by far my favourite character XD
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#8 Post by sake-bento »

Congratulations on finishing your first piece. I really enjoyed it, and I laughed quite a bit. I love the way you used the animation and sound effects, and the whole piece has a sort of nostalgic feeling. It reminds me a bit of Dragon Half (which I really liked). Nice work on all the customization as well. Thank you for sharing your work with us, and I look forward to seeing what you have in store. ^-^

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#9 Post by Silvere »

At the end I was somehow reminded of Reimu & Flandre of Touhou.. :D

Still, great game with funny parts :D
But please - Get a proofreader. Even for me, speaking English as a second language, mistakes were clearly seen and somehow destroyed the "Wow, perfect!" image. :<

Roganis
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous
Projects: Milk
Organization: Traumendes Mädchen

#10 Post by Roganis »

Great game ! oAo
The animations are super fabulous !! And somewhat the music reminded me of zelda, on the Nintendo64... (???)
Composer of the team. Music is magic.
If you got interested, go see my stuff at my Workshop.

Dunceney
Regular
Completed: Untold Myth 1st Tale
Projects: Untold Myth 2nd Tale

#11 Post by Dunceney »

Thanks everyone for your feedback! :D I'm sorry for the late reply, my connection was trolling me for last few days =A='a

I guess the main negative point in my game is... the mistakes in grammar *facepalm* Oh, well I guess it's entirely my fault for not getting a proofreader before releasing it (I forgot XDD, I was getting too excited after I finished it *bang head into wall*)

I won't be able to continue the 2nd tale soon though, since EVE Project gonna participate in VN competition for next 5 months~ T^T
*A little quiz~ Guess what is the creature at the preview of the 2nd tale :D*

shuten

#12 Post by shuten »

Congrats on finishing the VN.
now, grammar mistakes are common but otherwise, liking it very much, man. TOP STUFF.

Esphirisa
Regular

#13 Post by Esphirisa »

Great VN! The animation and sound effects went well together, and was quite refreshing. The grammar needs to be worked on, but that can be easily fixed. I loved the characters' personalities and quirks and their sprites are all very adorable. The storyline is a bit random, but in a good way. Will be waiting eagerly for the second tale if you're making one!

HarpyKing

#14 Post by HarpyKing »

Small intro of me: I am a HUGE harpy fan, I LOVE HARPIES!

I found this topic through a Google search. I noticed your Visual Novel popped up while I was doing my weekly search for harpy content and I was very very happy to see that you made this project. I am downloading it right now and can't wait to see what you made! ^_^

Thank you for so much for making this. Harpy stories are very hard to come by, especially lovely harpies like your Aello.

I'll be back after I finish reading!

coffeeMAME

#15 Post by coffeeMAME »

This game is sooo awesome! I can't wait for you to do another one! Actually, I just signed up on this forum so I can tell you that I really liked it, so you should definitely keep going :D