Princess Battles [GxB] [card battles] [commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
rinrin
Veteran
Completed: Several.
Projects: Several.

Re: Princess Battles [GxB] [card battles] [commercial]

#16 Post by rinrin »

I just wanted to mention that due to popular demand, Princess Battles now has a free demo :)

You can download it here.
(I'll update the first post, too)

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#17 Post by Der Tor »

Oh a demo version... great... will there be a version for Linux too? Please... pretty please... ever?

rinrin
Veteran

#18 Post by rinrin »

Der Tor wrote:Oh a demo version... great... will there be a version for Linux too? Please... pretty please... ever?
Popular demand strikes again :lol:
Seriously, I'll try to do it tomorrow. We can't do Mac right now, but Linux should be doable.

rinrin
Veteran

#19 Post by rinrin »

Princess Battles now has a Linux Demo.
Could somebody please test it and let me know whether everything works?

I'll probably do the full version sometimes later today.
Edit:
Princess battles full version - Linux

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#20 Post by AntiquedFae »

I played the demo and it was a lot of fun! I really love the maid, probably because she is snoop- -cough- I mean is very good at cleaning things beside doors, wherein private discussions just happen to be taking place. 8)
I wasn't sure what to expect of the card game aspect as I am generally pretty hopeless at figuring these things out (sigh), but the rules and how to play were explained really clearly and I caught on very fast! I was already having fun playing Prima half way through the first game! You did an amazing job of explaining it, I really admire you for that! ^_^ I'm generally definitely not much one for otome games, so I'm probably not the target audience for this game, but the mini card-game is just so much fun I think I'm going to consider it anyways! XD Regardless, I'm sure lots of people will love this, and I'm sure you will have no problem selling it. I wish you the very best with this game!
And if ever you create a purely Prima/Prima plus stat-raising game let me know because I will attack it with love.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

rinrin
Veteran

#21 Post by rinrin »

AntiquedFae wrote:I played the demo and it was a lot of fun! I really love the maid, probably because she is snoop- -cough- I mean is very good at cleaning things beside doors, wherein private discussions just happen to be taking place. 8)
She's probably my favorite character, too :lol:

I'm really happy to hear you liked the demo.

People generally have two kinds of complaints about Princess Battles:
1) There's not enough story! And card battles are getting in my way!
2) There's not enough card battles! This game is all conversation!

...so we're actually considering making either a pure game or a pure VN next time, not a hybrid.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#22 Post by Fenrir34 »

Really wish I could play this game :( . Looks fun. Anyway congratulations on getting it out :D

Moon20
Regular

#23 Post by Moon20 »

Yes Mabey there can make pure VN next time, A Dating Sim/Otome VN, I really liked this game very much and is going to play it again soon

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#24 Post by Katta »

I've played the demo and it was really fun, but from what I see the whole game seems to be very short. How long is one route comparing to the demo storywise (not counting battles)?

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#25 Post by Kyra10 »

I recently finished getting Gerald's ending.
I really like this game!
A pure VN would be nice :)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#26 Post by AntiquedFae »

rinrin wrote: She's probably my favorite character, too :lol:

I'm really happy to hear you liked the demo.

People generally have two kinds of complaints about Princess Battles:
1) There's not enough story! And card battles are getting in my way!
2) There's not enough card battles! This game is all conversation!

...so we're actually considering making either a pure game or a pure VN next time, not a hybrid.
Hmm, now that you mention it, if the demo is any indication, then it seemed a bit like it was half card battles half pure VN, which I guess is a bit of an awkward percentage for the majority of players because, like you said, it is too much of one thing and not enough of the other. Unless that is they like both card battles and otome games equally, which limits the ideal audience to a rather specific group. I think. Maybe? I have no experience with this, so I am just hypothesizing. ^^;;;
This is just me rambling, but what if there was an option to 'turn off' either the story portion or the card battles? That way people could choose to play either the full game, just the story, or just the card game depending on what they felt like. Do you think that would be a possibility at all or just a living nightmare of programming? Again I really don't know much anything about marketing, I'm mostly just throwing ideas around(and trying not to knock over anything breakable)!
Regardless though, this game is still a lot of fun! Also it makes me crave strawberries, which as far as I'm concerned is always a good thing! -goes in search of fruit crisper in fridge-

And yay for quirky servants! They can be more fun than the nobles themselves sometimes... :wink:

I hope that at least something of what I said made some sense. Clueless yet tries to help anyways. Sigh. :roll:
You can call me Fae!

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#27 Post by Mimi_Melody »

I actually play VNs because you just have to read and enjoy the story, too many card battles is a little....turn off for me.
Well if you really like to make VNs with gameplay like this, maybe you should make an option like Story mode (without the gameplay) and Normal Mode (Gameplay and story?) That's what Jack from WinterWolves did with the RPG Loren, I don't like RPG battles but he made a story mode so players can skip it... :)
Anyway, maybe I'll give the demo a try :D

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#28 Post by AntiquedFae »

I think Mimi_Melody and I just said almost exactly the same thing in different ways. :lol:
Coincidence? I think not! ;)
You can call me Fae!

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#29 Post by Mini_Moshi »

I preordered the game and used the email link to download the game again but for some reason it gave me the preorder version again. I don't understand why this has happened. Am I doing something wrong?

rinrin
Veteran

#30 Post by rinrin »

Mini_Moshi wrote:I preordered the game and used the email link to download the game again but for some reason it gave me the preorder version again. I don't understand why this has happened. Am I doing something wrong?
1) Could you please check the date on the file you used to install the game this time? Maybe the old file is still in your download folder and got installed again.
2) Please check the icon you're clicking on to run the game. It might be pointing to the old version.