Destiny Earth: 01 RELEASED!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

Destiny Earth: 01 RELEASED!

#1 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Here is my first game based off a story a friend of mine and I created. It has a lot of cross-over scenes but still very fun.

Credits:

Character Art: Sayume Ryuuki
Background Art: Lee Hitsugaya
Coding: Lee Hitsugaya
Story: Sayume Ryuuki/Lee Hitsugaya

Download Links

http://www.mediafire.com/?1sfbtw2iezz (Windows)
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

Re: Destiny Earth: 01 RELEASED!

#2 Post by Alessio »

Just some thoughts... it might make sense to point out this is a Star Trek fan work. Just to avoid that people not interested in Star Trek (e.g. me) download 100 MB before they find out. It might be due to the fact I'm not a Trekkie - but I really didn't understand what the story is about.

Also, try reducing the size of pictures and videos. 65 MB of mpg videos ripped from an existing TV series are a bit much. There are even 7 MB of uncompressed WAV files. All that blows up the download size considerably, and is a bit over the top for ~160 lines of screenplay. Let's not even talk about the copyright issue...

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#3 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

in reguards to your reply:

This is NOT a Star Trek fan work. It actually is more of a story gone wrong... =/. i was screwin around with cross-over ideas and this 1 hit me so i made it. Also. I did try to compress the vids but it didn't work well thats y its so big. and as for copywrite issues? CBS has made the promise to the fan community that as long as no profit is made charges will not be filed. I apologize for eating so much of your disk space. And also, 160 lines is only the beginning. I plan 2 re-write this in it's original format just so ppl can understand the TRUE story I was attempting to do but got side trackked with. Untill then, think of this as a teaser trailer.
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

I'll have to examine this later to see if it meets the technical requirements.

I know I have been conditioned to expect original productions (and anime-related at that), but there are many Trekkies as part of the fandom (I have been one until Voyager turned me off).

Now, I am intrigued if it has as many cutscene videos as mentioned. Well, as long as there are no Star Wars resources (unless there's a tribute to Star Wars somewhere) then it should be fine.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#5 Post by Watercolorheart »

DaFool wrote:I know I have been conditioned to expect original productions (and anime-related at that), but there are many Trekkies as part of the fandom (I have been one until Voyager turned me off).
Really? I'm the complete opposite; Voyager MADE me a fan.

I still don't like the original series, only some of Next Generation, and most of Deep Space Nine except for the ending.

Enterprise didn't get what it deserved from the community, either. It was a truly great series until they were working under the constant pressure of being cancelled in that last season—the worst one.

So which series is this game?
I'm not even the same person anymore

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#6 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Again, it's not really a "Star Trek" work. I based the space scenes OFF of trek technology, therefor amazing visuals from the seriess could be substituted instead of fan-made visuals if any at all. But the scenes are from DS9.

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#7 Post by rocket »

Hi Lee,

I finally played this (it is relevant to my interests). Congratulations on putting something together! It's pretty fun huh?

My personal impressions was that you were trying to bite off too much at once - am I playing a fantasy dating game, or a Trek style fanfic? I'm embarrassed to say that until I started writing this I didn't realize it was you who was working on the Voyager game. I think the direction you're taking with that will result in a much more cohesive experience. I'm looking forward to it!

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#8 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Actually the Voyager series is totally different but this game is neither of which you stated. It's supposed to be an adventure game but it went from adventure to in all directions. As i said earlier. think of it as a teaser trailer.

parvenue
Regular

#9 Post by parvenue »

I'd suggest for your next game to cut out the character sprites better. There were white, pixelated outlines around everyone (if I remember right, there was one person who wasn't cut-out of her white bg at all) except for Eileen... You could cut corners by outlining everyone completely, but making the image backgrounds transparent is the best thing instead of having them look like people plastered on white cards.

Since it's only a teaser trailer, it's not a terrible start. Although this isn't the sort of genre I'm interested in, I'll keep this game in mind and wait for the continuation. :)
parvenue
showcase

SHjunkie
>>>>SOLSTICE<<<<

Need a PREMIUM Rapidshare host? PM me - I'll host your files free of charge.