TRAP! [ModernFantasy][VN] PG-16!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

TRAP! [ModernFantasy][VN] PG-16!

#1 Post by OokamiKasumi »

t_ss01.jpg
Trap!
Do you believe in Faeries?
Short Story & Graphics by Me
From an Original Concept by Alex
Proofread & Play-Tested by the fabulous AntiquedFae!
Rated PG16
-- Partial nudity & adult situations.

Download from InternetArchive - 104 MB
Ver 1.6 - Ready!

15 minutes of play, at most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dartmoor, England...
-- A land of misty desolate moors, towering craggy tors, ancient weathered standing stones--
t_ss05.jpg
--and Faeries.
t_ss04.jpg
It's a place where things aren't always what they seem.
t_ss07.jpg
t_ss11.jpg
Or where they seem.
t_ss08.jpg
t_ss09.jpg
Will you escape to tell the tale?
-- Or fall into the Trap!

2 possible Endings.
(3 possible genders!)

Features!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-- A Music Room.
-- Selectable Player Character
-- Name-able Player Character
-- 5,000+ words of Story.
-- 23 menus.
-- Lots of mist.
t_ss02.jpg
t_ss03.jpg
t_ss12.jpg
Merry! Christmas!
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

CapturedGiggles
Projects: Chaotic Hearts

Re: TRAP! [ModernFantasy][VN] PG-16!

#2 Post by CapturedGiggles »

I am downloading this now. It looks interesting! I will come back and let you know what I think once I get to play it.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#3 Post by silverpikachu99 »

... :0 It's done- and on Christmas eve too~!! Thank you for this awesome Christmas gift xD
edit: the first time started playing it after I entered in my name, an error came up.
New Picture-bmp.jpg
Just wanted you to know.
i'll cry if you yell at me

ketskari
Veteran
Completed: Asher, Sunrise, Tell a Demon
Projects: Asher Remake, TEoA
Organization: Sun Labyrinth
Tumblr: sunlabyrinth
Deviantart: sunlabyrinth
itch: sunlabyrinth

#4 Post by ketskari »

Strange--I got a different error, too. "After initialization, but before game start.
IOError: Couldn't find file 'icon256.png'."

I am using Ubuntu Linux... not sure if that makes a difference. Anyway, after I put a icon256.png in the game folder it works.

Playing now! It's beautiful so far.

EDIT: Apparently it couldn't find "LHFmisterkookyREG_0.TTF". I could click ignore, and it would continue on, but every now and then it had the error again. Oh, well. I wonder if I missed any additional text using that font? The character names and dialogue/nvl text all seemed to be there...

Anyway, I found it to be a cute story.. with a dash of sinister. As usual I found your characters memorable and I enjoyed the world-building of both locations--that extra touch of world-building I find a lot of games (and fiction in general, for that matter) lack.
Last edited by ketskari on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by OokamiKasumi »

silverpikachu99 wrote:... :0 It's done- and on Christmas eve too~!! Thank you for this awesome Christmas gift xD

edit: the first time started playing it after I entered in my name, an error came up.
New Picture-bmp.jpg
Just wanted you to know.
EDIT: The error happened because I (stupidly) forgot to include the folder name: /fo for the font.
ketskari wrote:Strange--I got a different error, too. "After initialization, but before game start.
IOError: Couldn't find file 'icon256.png'."

I am using Ubuntu Linux... not sure if that makes a difference. Anyway, after I put a icon256.png in the game folder it works.
It's because I didn't name the icons properly.
Playing now! It's beautiful so far. I'll post more when I finish.
Thank you. :)

Fixing Now!
-- I'm just glad they are fixable!

################################################
ketskari wrote:Playing now! It's beautiful so far.
I'm glad you like it!
EDIT: Apparently it couldn't find "LHFmisterkookyREG_0.TTF". I could click ignore, and it would continue on, but every now and then it had the error again. Oh, well. I wonder if I missed any additional text using that font? The character names and dialogue/nvl text all seemed to be there...
EDIT: The error happened because I (stupidly) forgot to include the folder name: /fo with the font.
Anyway, I found it to be a cute story.. with a dash of sinister.
Yes! That's exactly what I was trying for!
As usual I found your characters memorable and I enjoyed the world-building of both locations--that extra touch of world-building I find a lot of games (and fiction in general, for that matter) lack.
I am so glad you like my work!
-- Truth is, I may be pretty good at making characters, but world-building is my Passion. I like to invent places more than I do people. :)

I'm thrilled you liked my little game!
-- I just wish I'd caught those errors Before release...
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

ketskari
Veteran
Completed: Asher, Sunrise, Tell a Demon
Projects: Asher Remake, TEoA
Organization: Sun Labyrinth
Tumblr: sunlabyrinth
Deviantart: sunlabyrinth
itch: sunlabyrinth

#6 Post by ketskari »

OokamiKasumi wrote: -- Truth is, I may be pretty good at making characters, but world-building is my Passion. I like to invent places more than I do people. :)
For me that extra touch of world-building makes the difference between a setting that is generic and one that feels like it actually exists somewhere. :)

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by OokamiKasumi »

ketskari wrote:For me that extra touch of world-building makes the difference between a setting that is generic and one that feels like it actually exists somewhere. :)
That's exactly how I feel about world-building too.
-- By the way, Dartmoor is a Real place!

JimG
Regular

#8 Post by JimG »

Thanks for making this, I really liked it but it was about 6 hours too short!

Best Regards
Jim

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by OokamiKasumi »

JimG wrote:Thanks for making this, I really liked it but it was about 6 hours too short!

Best Regards
Jim
LOL! I'm really glad you liked my game, but seriously, 6 hours of What could I possibly add?
-- The only thing I could think of was a parallel storyline; a whole separate story that ran adjacent to the main storyline. However, if one runs a separate storyline, why not simply make a whole separate game?

JimG
Regular

#10 Post by JimG »

OokamiKasumi wrote:
JimG wrote:Thanks for making this, I really liked it but it was about 6 hours too short!

Best Regards
Jim
LOL! I'm really glad you liked my game, but seriously, 6 hours of What could I possibly add?
-- The only thing I could think of was a parallel storyline; a whole separate story that ran adjacent to the main storyline. However, if one runs a separate storyline, why not simply make a whole separate game?
I would love to explore the house and see what is around the back door, I found the story intriguing and wanted to find out more. The possibilities with the world you have created are endless. Thanks again, really well done.

Best Regards
Jim

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by OokamiKasumi »

JimG wrote:I would love to explore the house and see what is around the back door, I found the story intriguing and wanted to find out more. The possibilities with the world you have created are endless. Thanks again, really well done.

Best Regards
Jim
Oh, I see! You wanted a longer look around. :)
-- So, you wanna know what is at the back door? The Wisht Hounds; a pack of large black hell-hounds with fiery eyes and blood red ears. They're also known to leave massive bloody paw prints in their wake. Wistman's Wood is traditionally known for being their 'kennel'.

logolepsy

#12 Post by logolepsy »

Your VNs are neat, and this is no exception, but they could do with being betaed or at least being spell checked, and this is no exception (I didn't make a complete list playing through, but two of the more common mistakes were simple misspellings, e.g. "aquaduct" instead of "aqueduct," and faulty parallelism). It makes all the difference between a good story and a great one. Also, betas are made of win!

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by OokamiKasumi »

logolepsy wrote:Your VNs are neat, and this is no exception, but they could do with being betaed or at least being spell checked, and this is no exception (I didn't make a complete list playing through, but two of the more common mistakes were simple misspellings, e.g. "aquaduct" instead of "aqueduct," and faulty parallelism). It makes all the difference between a good story and a great one. Also, betas are made of win!
I'm glad you thought the game was 'neat'!
-- However, this was proofread and spell-checked (repeatedly.) My proofreader is even in the credits. Even so, things do slip through. What do you mean by faulty parallelism?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit (Jan7): The faulty 'aqueduct' has been repaired. However since I don't know what 'parallelism' was at fault, that remains unrecognized. As for other spelling errors... If you were originally referring to the 'wanna's and 'gonna's, the 'ye's and the 'wast'... Those were not errors. Those were Yorkshire accents. :)
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#14 Post by AntiquedFae »

logolepsy wrote:Your VNs are neat, and this is no exception, but they could do with being betaed or at least being spell checked, and this is no exception (I didn't make a complete list playing through, but two of the more common mistakes were simple misspellings, e.g. "aquaduct" instead of "aqueduct," and faulty parallelism). It makes all the difference between a good story and a great one.
Thanks for playing our game! I hope you found it enjoyable despite the misspellings! I'm the proofreader as the credits note, so any and all 'aquaducts' and faulty parallelism troubles would be my fault. I totally missed the aquaduct-->aqueduct mix-up, I'm very sorry about that! As for the 'faulty parallelisms', I think I would need a specific citation so that I know what you are referring to: 'faulty parallelisms' is too broad to address. Was there any particular instance that bothered you?

One thing I really must disagree with you on is the VN seeming like it has gone completely unedited. This had multiple different versions made and was proofread and play-tested by both OokamiKasumi and I many (many...) times, and it is worlds away from what it was at ver. 0.1. This is also a free game, and was actually made(written, coded play-tested) in just under two weeks, by two people doing it in their spare time. You may need to be forgiving towards a few 'aquaducts'. ;) This being said, we always want to improve, so helpful constructive criticism is very much appreciated. Any more typos you want to bring up? Send 'em to me.
Thanks again for playing!

Now, I'm off to bed to have bad dreams about ancient misspelled Roman plumbing...
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by OokamiKasumi »

AntiquedFae wrote:...Now, I'm off to bed to have bad dreams about ancient misspelled Roman plumbing...
I adore you. Just in case I forgot to tell you.
-- ♥ smooch!♥