The Wagering of Wrath - drama

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
leeeex
Completed: The Wagering of Wrath
Projects: Seven Salvation Series

The Wagering of Wrath - drama

#1 Post by leeeex »

The Wagering of Wrath
Creator: leeeex

The first of the Seven Salvations series featuring highly dysfunctional protagonists finding their way through life.

Synopsis
Abandoned by her mother and then by her foster parents, Wera has grown up bitter and angry with life. Wanting nothing more than death, Wera is given a chance to rethink her decision when an angel wagers that she’d change her mind is just 10 days. At first, Wera is convinced that nothing will change. But a new classmate, a beloved person from her past and a persistent neighbour unexpectedly enters her life and now, Wera is not so sure anymore…

Screenshots

Characters
Wera: The angsty protagonist with a bitter past
Waine: An almost equally angsty new classmate whose attitude seems familiar.
Nash: That one person who you know will always be there. Always.
Dagan: The mysterious playboy neighbour you just can't figure out.

Featuring
5 endings (including romantic and friendship routes)
4 endings will still feature all 3 guys
A story structure of 10 days
Quite a fair bit of angst

Download

scorlight
Regular

Re: The Wagering of Wrath - drama

#2 Post by scorlight »

Wow, it looks interesting ^^ I'll definitely try it. Thanks for the game :D
Artist for rent, see my art here: http://scorlight.deviantart.com/gallery/

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

I played this game a few days ago because you posted it on the renp'y site. It's a really cool and well written game. I felt really sorry for Wera (Cried sometimes :cry: ) Loved all the guys as well. They each have their own cool back story. Good job :)

leeeex

#4 Post by leeeex »

@scorlight: you're welcome! don't know if you've tried it yet but hope you enjoy(ed) it!

@Fenrir34: i'm glad you felt for Wera! i had to balance between making her likeable and yet painfully wrathful at the same time. thanks for playing!

Luminar
Regular

#5 Post by Luminar »

XD I've played the game before you posted this post too and I must say, I really like it!! ;D
It's a really nice game and I really loved it!

At first, I've actually seen comments at your blog where they said they felt like crying at some parts and well, tot ell you the truth I didn't expect much but wow, just WOW.
I was definitely caught of guard the moment where they revealed her mother died. OH GOSH, that was so freaking SAD. TTATT I can sympathize with most of the characters stupid soft heart I really like the way you write the game and to tell you the truth, it taught me a great lesson where I should live my life to the fullest and learn to forgive. Oh gosh, the boys... XD I started out with liking Waine first but ended up loving Dagan. Probably cause I can actually relate a bit with their neighbor relationship since I'm quite close with my neighbor. xD
I'm really anticipating on your other 6 games that you're planning to make! If I'm not wrong, you're going to do greed next, right
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

Kayber

#6 Post by Kayber »

Hey, just wanted to drop a quick note and say that I really liked this game. I started out only really interested in Waine's story, but then became more interested in the others as I played on. I'm looking forward to the other games that you plan on creating!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by philip »

Just finished the story - went through it several times to see various endings. Very interesting and very well done. Wera had a difficult life, but it was nice to see that she could - ever so slowly - come out of her self imposed exile and begin to interact with people.
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Kessie
Regular

#8 Post by Kessie »

Hello!
Grats on your release and wow, you worked on this on your own? That's mighty impressive. :) Props!
I've been working on a visual novel based on the 7 deadly sins too (secretly) so when I saw the title I just had to give it a go~ XD;;;
I've only played through the game once (so far) and got a romantic Dagan ending.
I think on some level we can all relate to the protagonist, Wera. Although, I'll have to admit I really disliked her at the start but I think it had to be that way considering she was full of wrath. Out of all the deadly sins, I find Wrath to be the most interesting and I like your approach towards it/ how you reasoned her back story that caused her to be full of wrath.
I think the thing I disliked the most was that I felt rushed through the story. Things were just happening so fast and I felt I barely got to know the boys that entered her life. It felt as if I had just met them and already, everyone was spilling out their inner most problems. It was probably not so bad in the case of Nash, but Waine especially I found the way they opened up to each other a bit off.
In saying that, it's still a minor thing considering she's given only 10 days to change her mind. From her point of view, changing her mind or not changing would be a rushed process anyway. :)

Much luck with the series!

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

#9 Post by ppppantsu »

just downloaded this. will play and give feedback later >w< <3

Chibichann
Regular

#10 Post by Chibichann »

so many good otome gamesss.......

leeeex

#11 Post by leeeex »

@Luminar: glad that the small twist got to you. means that you really cared about the characters, that's awesome! yepp, i'll be doing greed next and plot wise, it's really a lot more ambitious as compared to 'Wrath' so I'm taking my time to make sure there are no plot holes and that I won't disappoint all of you :)

@Kayber: thanks, I'm looking forward to creating more VNs too! I really enjoy the whole process!

@philip: wow, thanks for checking out all the diff endings! glad you enjoyed it!

@ppppantsu: thanks for downloading!

@Chibichann: yes, indeed :D

leeeex

#12 Post by leeeex »

@Kessie: oh that's awesome that you've been working on a 7 deadly sins VN too! hope it's progressing well, I look forward to trying it! the 7 sins are just so interesting to work on, ain't it? thanks for the feedback! glad that Wera grew on you and yes, 10 days was a mad rush to get the characters from point A to B, all whilst battling inner demons and building relationships. i'll definitely try to develop the characters and their relationships more in my next VN. cheers!

TifaClocXII

#13 Post by TifaClocXII »

it look interesting i will download now
edit:done download
i think i get friendship ending i dont know why

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#14 Post by Fenrir34 »

np and I hope to see more :)

xxstrangesoulxx

#15 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

I like this game.
For once I'm playing a game where I feel I can actually relate to the main character. I saw myself in Wera. Those emotions she felt at the beginning, were ones I felt once and maybe still do. You did a good job in making in her likeable and wrathful. She was a good character. The guys were great too. I didn't expect to like Dagan and Waine so much. The sprites were cute, the music was nice and the backgrounds were neat. It was a simple game, but a very nice one.

I really look forward to playing more games from you, leeeex.