Fluff Hood's Adventure[BxB][Parody][Comedy][TNC fangame]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Saitoki1582
Regular
Completed: Fluff Hood's Adventure, The Halloween Night
Projects: Mechanoid

Fluff Hood's Adventure[BxB][Parody][Comedy][TNC fangame]

#1 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Synopsis:

This is (kind of) a Little Red Riding Hood version of Togainu No Chi. Fluff Hood (Akira) was sent to deliver cookies to the Toshima forest, met lots of weirdo and discovered something surprising.

Download (for Windows, Mac and Linux):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/na4nb ... .1-all.zip(43 Mb)

Title: Fluff Hood’s Adventure
Fandom: Togainu no Chi
Engine: Ren’Py
Rating: PG-13 (It’s based on a 18+ BL game but the content of the game is mostly just good fun and safe for work ^_^)

Genre: Comedy, BL themed

WARNING: THE GAME IS FULL OF SPOILERS. If you didn’t know Togainu no Chi and is planning to play it, do NOT play this game. It will spoil the game for you.

(If you are not planning to play TnC then feel free to play this game. You can understand it even without knowing about TnC)

Features:
- 4 Endings
- 6 event CGs. A bonus CG will be unlocked in the CG gallery after getting all endings.

Credits:
Music: amachamusic.chagasi.com
SFX: soundbible.com , jewelbeat.com
Special thanks to Accordia for the editing help.

The game is short (7300 words) with pretty simple choices. It’s something I put together in three weeks, so please pardon the art quality and default GUI (I tried to look at GUI customization tutorial but they melt my brain >_<).. This is my first time making a VN and I had learned a lot about it. I also had a lot of fun making this game, so hopefully other TnC fans out these find the game enjoyable as well.

Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please point out anything you think that need to be improved upon.

Also Some questions:

-Which ending do you like most?
-Was the art or music direction awkward or jarring? (especially the music, I'm horrible at reading mood so >_<)
-If I make an original game in the style of the last CG, will you be interested in playing it?

Thank you!
Last edited by Saitoki1582 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

retrolizard

Re: Fluff Hood's Adventure[BxB][Parody][Comedy][TNC fangame]

#2 Post by retrolizard »

Why didn't you include Motomi?

Saitoki1582
Regular

#3 Post by Saitoki1582 »

retrolizard wrote:Why didn't you include Motomi?
I actually wanted to include Motomi at first. I thought I had a plan for him but couldn't go along with it because it did not go well with the story. I really like Motomi, but I had trouble thinking of a role that's not too insignificant for him. If I include a story for him I would probably have to rewrite at least 3 other routes. It's hard keeping track of too many characters and still keeping a neat storyline.

So it's not because of my personal bias that I did not including him. I would jump at the chance to have Motomi without having to revamp the whole story but still make him significant. I'm sorry for not warning about the lack of Motomi before hand.

retrolizard

#4 Post by retrolizard »

Saitoki1582 wrote:
retrolizard wrote:Why didn't you include Motomi?
I actually wanted to include Motomi at first. I thought I had a plan for him but couldn't go along with it because it did not go well with the story. I really like Motomi, but I had trouble thinking of a role that's not too insignificant for him. If I include a story for him I would probably have to rewrite at least 3 other routes. It's hard keeping track of too many characters and still keeping a neat storyline.

So it's not because of my personal bias that I did not including him. I would jump at the chance to have Motomi without having to revamp the whole story but still make him significant. I'm sorry for not warning about the lack of Motomi before hand.
Oh, I see. I didn't assume it was personal bias or anything, but I was sad to not see him as he's my favorite. If you ever add on to this, maybe you could incorporate more characters! It's a very cute game!

wendlierie

#5 Post by wendlierie »

OH YES IT'S FINALLY OUT

I will play this as soon as I get my laptop fixed T^T

Thanks for releasing!

Saitoki1582
Regular

#6 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Updated the link for some minor edits . Mostly to make CGs look more persistent.

@retrolizard
Yeah, I feel bad for him too. TnC is kind of lacking without Motomi. I'm glad you still enjoyed the game though xD.
@wendlierie
I hope you will have fun when you play it :D
Last edited by Saitoki1582 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

candichan06
Regular
Projects: A Thief's Tale
Organization: Azure Rose Productions

#7 Post by candichan06 »

Firstly I must say, this is a very cute game and I had a great time playing it; I only wish there was more (and also Motomi) :D

It's especially impressive that you made this in only three weeks; double kudos!

The only mistakes I noticed were some minor spelling errors and one instance where Fluff Hood referred to Arbitro by his actual name (I assume that was accidental :P).

Also, to answer your questions:

-Which ending do you like most? It's a toss up between the two bad endings; I liked the comedic take on certain TnC events (
although in Puppy's bad ending, the part where Fluff Hood asks 'What are you doing with those tools?' gave me a bit of a flashback (poor Akira)
and the reference to DRAMAtical Murder (haha Clear)

-Was the art or music direction awkward or jarring? No, the art seemed to fit the cute comedic theme you had going perfectly, and while the music didn't always seem to fit the mood, it didn't ever bother me one bit

-If I make an original game in the style of the last CG, will you be interested in playing it? For me it's more about the story than the art; if the writing hooks me (as it did in this one) then I'll play, regardless of how good or bad the art is
Current Project: A Thief's Tale
Demo here!

Saitoki1582
Regular

#8 Post by Saitoki1582 »

@candichan
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad the game play was enjoyable to you :D

I kinda rushed it because I'm not a very attentive person and is very forgetful. So the faster the better for me. Also the satisfaction of finishing your first VN :D. The rush show though, right after I had to go over and touch up all the CGs because they looked too inconsistent.

Woops, didn't catch the Albitro typo. Thanks for pointing that out, I had fixed it.

Haha, the bad ends XD. I only label them as bad ends because
they are not favorable to the main character
but they are really fun to write.
Also about Keisuke ending, I wanted to add "screwdriver" but it doesn't fit in well. I'm pretty surprised that most of those who played this game (that I know of) still managed to catch the joke.
Also couldn't resist a DMMD reference :p.

I kind of just find any songs that I like and toss them in every scene change. At first I wanted to change music depending on mood but they change too fast for that to work. I'm glad it wasn't too bothersome.

If I make an original game, it is going be a serious story with half-mystery so the art style of this game probably wouldn't work. I already got a plan for it and wanted to make it epic but that's probably things for another thread.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#9 Post by pocoscon »

Just finished the game, and here are my thoughts

Characters-Truth is, I don't know much about these characters since I never played the game, but I really liked them. I love Tom Cat and Fluffwood the most =). I liked how Fluffwood was a bit oblivious to Puppy's feelings for him as well. I got a laugh out of that. Creepy Wolf was really funny and, as his name states, creepy XD. Bad Wolf's ending was funny to, and I didn't really think his ending was bad, just amusing

Writing-Writing is simple, but well done. I didn't see too many errors except for a few words. I enjoyed reading it and didn't have any difficulty with it. You also had good flow with the scenes as well.

Art-The art is very cute for this game. I think the only thing I'm a bit skeptical about was Tom Cat's eyes. They seemed just a bit off compared to the rest, but besides that the art was grate and suited the game perfectly. Also, love the color backgrounds you gave

Music-Music was perfect. I think the song I liked the most was the funny theme that played at most ends. Really put a smile to my face :)

Endings-My favorite ending was the good ending. I laughed pretty hard at it and couldn't stop. I also loved Puppy's ending because that's how a Yandare acts XD. They can get quit crazy

As for you final question on that last CG, I think you'll get a lot of people player your stuff if you decided to make another game. I know I will :mrgreen:

Overall, this was a fun short game. It was funny and a good read. I also like how it's BxB to. So, I hope to see more from you, and good job on your first project :D
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

Saitoki1582
Regular

#10 Post by Saitoki1582 »

@pocoscon
Thanks for the feedback! Despite not playing TnC before, I'm glad this game wasn't confusing to you.

The characterization of this game actually follow pretty close to the original with a little added craziness for comedic prurpose. Akira (the one plays Fluff Hood) is actually my most favorite BL game protagonist XD.

I'm not native English speaker, so probably everything written by me would be short and to the point. Complicated prose and detailed description are a bit hard to me :) . I tries to make up for it with pictures though.

I'm not kinda sure about Tom Cat, maybe his eyes are a bit bigger than others? I'm actually unsatisfied with Gramps sprites the most, he looks like a rag door :?

I actually choose musics that I feel like I could hear over and over again, so we probably have the same taste. :P

The good end XD
I had fun imagining Emma and Creepy Fox in an S/M relationship LOL
Be wary of puppy tho, because in the original game he's
not a cute Yandere but a guro Yandere.If you don't acknowledge his feelings, you are dead :D
My other game plan is actually a BxB, because these should be more BxB . I suck at writing though so it will probably take forever to come up in WIP forum.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#11 Post by pocoscon »

Saitoki1582 wrote:@pocoscon
Thanks for the feedback! Despite not playing TnC before, I'm glad this game wasn't confusing to you.

The characterization of this game actually follow pretty close to the original with a little added craziness for comedic prurpose. Akira (the one plays Fluff Hood) is actually my most favorite BL game protagonist XD.

I'm not native English speaker, so probably everything written by me would be short and to the point. Complicated prose and detailed description are a bit hard to me :) . I tries to make up for it with pictures though.

I'm not kinda sure about Tom Cat, maybe his eyes are a bit bigger than others? I'm actually unsatisfied with Gramps sprites the most, he looks like a rag door :?

I actually choose musics that I feel like I could hear over and over again, so we probably have the same taste. :P

The good end XD
I had fun imagining Emma and Creepy Fox in an S/M relationship LOL
Be wary of puppy tho, because in the original game he's
not a cute Yandere but a guro Yandere.If you don't acknowledge his feelings, you are dead :D
My other game plan is actually a BxB, because these should be more BxB . I suck at writing though so it will probably take forever to come up in WIP forum.
Nope, it wasn't confusing at all. And don't worry about the writing :) . I got it all, and there were few mistakes.

And that's awesome XD. I'm glad Akira acts that way. He makes a good character and I like that he can be really oblivious when it comes to someone's feelings for him. XD

Tom Cat was really cute though. I can see what you mean about Gramps, but I kind of like the style you gave him :) . But all the chibi's are really cute, so I can't choose my favorite because of that XD

And we do ^^. I love the music you had. Sometimes with Visual Novels I have to turn it off because it's a bit annoying. I kept the music on the whole time with yours. You did a great job with it as well and choosing the right style =).

XD, that's hilarious for Emma and Creepy Fox. Speaking of Emma, she's really funny. She kind of scared me though :lol:

And really 0_0? I guess that makes sense in a way. Characters like that can be really good, but then turn insane if they don't get the one they love :cry:

And that's awesome ^^. I don't think you suck at writing at all. Just keep working and get your game to the work in progress thread. If you ever need help, a lot of people will do it. Trust me =)
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

Karen

#12 Post by Karen »

Cute