Forgive and Forget

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
omgitstay
Regular

Forgive and Forget

#1 Post by omgitstay »

Hey guys, so basically this is my first EVER VS & it was my first time making one as well.
I know that this VS is very short, in fact only 5 minutes of playing, but I really took a long time to make it since it was my first
time and I had to watch tutorials and all that! Anyways, ENJOY! <3

Characters:

MC:
You used to be bullied all the time at school, but you always had your bestfriend by your side, Ayame. However, she turns into your enemy... Therefore, you run away and go to a new city. You never come out of your house... But, there must be something else going on...

Ayame:
She is the MC's ex-bestfriend. Now she hates MC, she got convinced by the other popular mean girls to be a bully to MC so she could be popular too...

Jay:
MC's new next door neighbour... Maybe boyfriend too?!

Meangirls:
3 BULLIES; Jade, Sarah, Emily.

&Teacher.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NOTICE THAT THIS IS MY FIRST EVER VS SO NO NASTY COMMENTS&MAYBE SUGGEST SOME IMPROVEMENTS? THANKS~

DOWNLOAD LINK
SCREENSHOTS:

Thank You!~
Last edited by omgitstay on Thu May 02, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Shelter of Fire
Proofreader for FI: Interview
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

Re: Forgive and Forget

#2 Post by AngelicBlood »

Will check it out for sure! Looks good. ^_^

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3 Post by fleet »

Hello. Here are the steps to export your Novelty visual novel as a stand alone (that way it can run on most Windows computers without requiring the end user to download and install the Novelty program).

1. Click on the word FILE on the command line
2 In the drop down menu, click on the word EXPORT. A new menu will appear on the side.
3. In the side menu, click on Stand alone game. A mini-Window will appear.
4. In the mini window, select the Options tab, and choose both Compile content and Copy video files.
5. Next click on the Export tab (NOT the export button at the bottom), then Change the output path to a place you can easily find (I usually create a new folder for each visual novel).
6. After doing this, click on the Export button at the bottom of the mini-window.
7. Navigate to the folder where you exported the stand alone game. You should see several files there, an nvz file, an exe file and the fmodex.dll file.
8. Use 7 zip, winzip, winrar, or your favorite file compression program to compress all the exported files into one compressed file.
Distribute or upload the compressed file.

I'll take a look at your VN and send comments via private message.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

omgitstay
Regular

#4 Post by omgitstay »

fleet wrote:Hello. Here are the steps to export your Novelty visual novel as a stand alone (that way it can run on most Windows computers without requiring the end user to download and install the Novelty program).

1. Click on the word FILE on the command line
2 In the drop down menu, click on the word EXPORT. A new menu will appear on the side.
3. In the side menu, click on Stand alone game. A mini-Window will appear.
4. In the mini window, select the Options tab, and choose both Compile content and Copy video files.
5. Next click on the Export tab (NOT the export button at the bottom), then Change the output path to a place you can easily find (I usually create a new folder for each visual novel).
6. After doing this, click on the Export button at the bottom of the mini-window.
7. Navigate to the folder where you exported the stand alone game. You should see several files there, an nvz file, an exe file and the fmodex.dll file.
8. Use 7 zip, winzip, winrar, or your favorite file compression program to compress all the exported files into one compressed file.
Distribute or upload the compressed file.

I'll take a look at your VN and send comments via private message.
Thank you so much, I was actually wondering how to do that. This really helped. I will soon upload the compressed file, and share the link. Thanks again~
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

omgitstay
Regular

#5 Post by omgitstay »

AngelicBlood wrote:Will check it out for sure! Looks good. ^_^
Hehe thank you! Hope you will enjoy it.
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#6 Post by fleet »

I sent my comments to you via private message.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#7 Post by Haze »

First, congrats on releasing your first VN! I have some things to say, though. You said suggesting some improvements was ok, so here you go. :D

For the most part, the story was fine, but some parts were a bit unrealistic.
Especially the part about the MC running away to a new town just because her friend betrayed her. That seemed to come out of nowhere.

The random zoom-ins and screen-tilts were...weird, and the felt kind of out of place. I personally didn't how they were used here, but that's just a matter of taste, really. Also, it's usually not a good idea to use the same music all the time, but this VN was so short that it was ok.

Overall, this was pretty good for your first VN. Good luck in making VNs in the future!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

omgitstay
Regular

#8 Post by omgitstay »

Haze wrote:First, congrats on releasing your first VN! I have some things to say, though. You said suggesting some improvements was ok, so here you go. :D

For the most part, the story was fine, but some parts were a bit unrealistic.
Especially the part about the MC running away to a new town just because her friend betrayed her. That seemed to come out of nowhere.

The random zoom-ins and screen-tilts were...weird, and the felt kind of out of place. I personally didn't how they were used here, but that's just a matter of taste, really. Also, it's usually not a good idea to use the same music all the time, but this VN was so short that it was ok.

Overall, this was pretty good for your first VN. Good luck in making VNs in the future!
Yes, I know that the new city part came out of nowhere, but since I was really rushing - I had to do that! Hehe.
Hmmm, I guess the zoom-ins were out place, yeah I agree, and about the music I didn't even think I used any haha.

Thanks for warning me about these mistakes.
I really appreciate it :)
Tay
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

omgitstay
Regular

#9 Post by omgitstay »

fleet wrote:I sent my comments to you via private message.
Hehe, yes I know and you have just been too helpful to me! Thank you, I really appreciate it :)

Tay~
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#10 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

mediafire says that your account has not been validated.

omgitstay
Regular

#11 Post by omgitstay »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:mediafire says that your account has not been validated.
Ah, I am really sorry, I completely forgot about that. I have verified it now so you can download it :3 ~
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#12 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Thank you. :)

DragonSilhouette
Regular

#13 Post by DragonSilhouette »

I don't know if have already been asked this but, who did the art? I mean both Background and Character.

jamesfoster

#14 Post by jamesfoster »

I like it... its some kind of a quality games for girls.