Charms of Lavender Blue [GxB][Short School Romance][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
waffrus

Charms of Lavender Blue [GxB][Short School Romance][Free]

#1 Post by waffrus »

Hello! Charms of Lavender Blue is something that I was working on on-and-off since the end of November. Officially finished today! More info in the description in the link.
Link to game: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/654083

Synopsis:
Nabi has always been a fairly practical sort of girl. So not even a pesky family curse was going to get in the way of a normal and successful school life. Even if it did get in the way of a little romance...

Title Screen Art:

Nabi and Pierce Sprites:
ImageImage

My cousin and I collaborated on this, and I think it turned out pretty cute. Please check it out? Thanks! <:

If you'd like to see more of my work, I also made two dating sims last year. I'd feel bad about spamming the forum with posts though, so I thought I'd just slap on a link here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/vie ... 0f66bc1f57

Haha, now that this is done, maybe I can start to slowly learn how to use Ren'Py for some of my future works.
Last edited by waffrus on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sonorousgem
Regular

Re: Charms of Lavender Blue [GxB][School][Romance][Free]

#2 Post by sonorousgem »

This was cute. :) Did you use Adobe Flash or something?
I only wish I could see the entire game without having to scroll up or down, haha.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#3 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I gave this a play yesterday and enjoyed it for what it was, though the story seems a little rushed as it is now. I wanted to know more about Nabi's family's curse!

You could easily expand your idea and get a more fleshed-out game out of it---something to consider for the future, perhaps.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by philip »

Nice game, but a bit short. Well done and enjoyable!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

lockpicklogic
Regular

Re: Charms of Lavender Blue [GxB][Short School Romance][Free

#5 Post by lockpicklogic »

Another adorable game from waffrus!
It felt a little short and I would've liked to see how they would handle a mistake with the pendants, e.g. breaking one etc. and how they would deal with that. However, the shortness is also part of the charm of being short and sweet. :)
Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.
-- Clementine Paddelford --

waffrus

#6 Post by waffrus »

sonorousgem wrote:This was cute. :) Did you use Adobe Flash or something?
I only wish I could see the entire game without having to scroll up or down, haha.
Thanks! And yes, Adobe Flash.
...Tbh, the dimensions are also slightly too big for my laptop screen as well, oops. Oh well, haha.
Mad Harlequin wrote:I gave this a play yesterday and enjoyed it for what it was, though the story seems a little rushed as it is now. I wanted to know more about Nabi's family's curse!
You could easily expand your idea and get a more fleshed-out game out of it---something to consider for the future, perhaps.
Mm, the story was supposed to have a lot more middle, but I could tell that I was starting to lose momentum in making it. So I wrapped it up as is. I think I might make this one into a series as well and explore the relationships dynamics between the characters. And that curse, haha.

So yes, lots to consider for the future. <:
philip wrote:Nice game, but a bit short. Well done and enjoyable!
philip
Thanks! Yes, the shortness of my games is a weakness of mine that I need to work on. But just gotta keep making things to get better. <:
lockpicklogic wrote:Another adorable game from waffrus!
It felt a little short and I would've liked to see how they would handle a mistake with the pendants, e.g. breaking one etc. and how they would deal with that. However, the shortness is also part of the charm of being short and sweet. :)
If I get around to making a sequel(s), that will definitely be one of the issues to be addressed next.
But glad you still liked it! <:

tiffmyaaw

#7 Post by tiffmyaaw »

I currently just've found out this game today and finished it today also, got all the endings, and wow, haha, so fun! :wink:
just a little bit surprised any choice doesn't matter, you'll still get a cute ending :D
i love how you make the CG, eventhough they're not colored, but they look so cute already.. :mrgreen:
oh, and that background for the front house, it's beautiful in its own way..
i like your style of art!
and also that scene of "Technical Difficulties", that's a very creative way to explain your hard time drawing a kiss scene though :lol:
Thank you for your short but cute story, although some details aren't very clear yet and keep me questioning about them (like how she had the curse and the story of their past), since we're talking about future now so it doesn't really matter, does it? :P haha
No matter what, you've made my day!! :mrgreen:

peprika

#8 Post by peprika »

this was short, sweet, & cute! i enjoyed it a lot :-)
i think everyone's said what i've wanted to say as well haha

but yeah! this was nice! very nice :D
i got the third ending the first try yay hehe
i think my favorite lines might've been: "Do you like me?" "What."
i crACKED up when i read that! LOL and also with the kisses! i thought nabi and pierce were cute & silly <3

waffrus

#9 Post by waffrus »

tiffmyaaw wrote:I currently just've found out this game today and finished it today also, got all the endings, and wow, haha, so fun! :wink:
just a little bit surprised any choice doesn't matter, you'll still get a cute ending :D
i love how you make the CG, eventhough they're not colored, but they look so cute already.. :mrgreen:
oh, and that background for the front house, it's beautiful in its own way..
i like your style of art!
and also that scene of "Technical Difficulties", that's a very creative way to explain your hard time drawing a kiss scene though :lol:
Thank you for your short but cute story, although some details aren't very clear yet and keep me questioning about them (like how she had the curse and the story of their past), since we're talking about future now so it doesn't really matter, does it? :P haha
No matter what, you've made my day!! :mrgreen:
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! <:
I thought fans of The Somewhere Series would enjoy that Nora cameo, haha. Happy to hear that at least one person definitely enjoyed it!
The story was a bit abrupt, though. I wrapped it up like this, with the focus on the two main characters, due to time constraints and school, oops. But hopefully I'll get some more time later to delve into more of the effects of the curse and how the relationships between the characters develop with a sequel(s?), haha.
peprika wrote:this was short, sweet, & cute! i enjoyed it a lot :-)
i think everyone's said what i've wanted to say as well haha

but yeah! this was nice! very nice :D
i got the third ending the first try yay hehe
i think my favorite lines might've been: "Do you like me?" "What."
i crACKED up when i read that! LOL and also with the kisses! i thought nabi and pierce were cute & silly <3
Thank you! <:
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the cuteness and humor, haha.

Qeedy

#10 Post by Qeedy »

is it downloadable? i can't open the web