Valentine's Rush [BxG][short][slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonorousgem
Regular

Valentine's Rush [BxG][short][slice of life]

#1 Post by sonorousgem »

What do you mean, Valentine’s Day was more than a month ago?
screenshot0003.png
Yeah, I meant to release something short and quick for Valentine’s Day, but surprise, it took longer than I thought. I started on 1/30, so I’ve been working on it for almost two months! (I have so much respect for all you NanoReno creators!)

Summary: To high school freshman Kenny Carter, life is balancing his mom’s high expectations with his favorite video game. So it’s mostly slow-paced, uninteresting, and in his room. But after the arrival of his old family friend, Paige, who proclaims herself his new girlfriend, Kenny finds that time is flying faster than he’s ever known. And wait, Valentine’s Day is coming up?! Will Kenny be able to keep up?

A short, somewhat scatterbrained VN that kind of traces my own experience in creating this thing. (Of course, I definitely gave up on releasing it on time... XD) It’s BxG, but there is no suggestive content, even though that seems to be the norm for BxG slice of life things...

Screenshots:
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png
Features:
- About 16,800 words, 25-45 minutes of game time
- 6 endings
- Fluff without too much romantic Valentine’s mush (hopefully)
- Ability to relive your awkward freshman days

Since I basically rushed this out (no pun intended...?), I do plan to release a second version with CGs, minor character sprites, and sound effects. And maybe more, keep your eyes peeled.

Credits:
- Backgrounds: Uncle Mugen, filtered photos from http://www.homesdir.net and http://www.norahouse.com
- Music: HamaSada (浜貞) and Desk Top Mafia

You can download all versions here!
Valentine'sRush0.0-all.zip
(64.89 MiB) Downloaded 708 times
Let me know if you have problems downloading (but most likely I won’t know how to help :( ). Also, this is actually only my second game, so constructive feedback is greatly appreciated (especially since I want to release a second version).

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Valentine's Rush [BxG][short][slice of life]

#2 Post by philip »

A really well done, nifty little story! All the characters were well thought out. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and replayed enough times to get all the endings. I'll look forward to your next story coming out.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

sonorousgem
Regular

Re: Valentine's Rush [BxG][short][slice of life]

#3 Post by sonorousgem »

Thank you for taking the time to play and comment! I appreciate it :)