Innate Imperfections [Action/Drama] [GxG] [NaNoRenO2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

Innate Imperfections [Action/Drama] [GxG] [NaNoRenO2015]

#1 Post by DarkSin »

Inna is 22 and a social recluse with a most unusual skillset: assassination. Under pressure of changing her ways, she takes on an assignment very different from what's she's accustomed to. Her new job requires her to look out for a 17-year-old girl while she is in college. What sounded like an easy piece of work – with the plus of turning over a new leaf – turns out to be quite the predicament for Inna... in more than one way.

This release features 3 complete endings, and 1 ongoing one.

Inna Antonova:

The protagonist.
Inna generally avoids social interactions, save for the ones with her contacts and clients. Contrary to her "cold" professional image, when relaxing at home she could be mistaken for any other regular 22-year-old girl.

Lillian Garland:

The romantic interest.
Lillian is a 17-year-old, outgoing college girl with a stubborn streak that she most likely inherited from her father, a successful lawyer.

Samuil Atonov:

Inna's adoptive father.
Currently in the hospital, his health waning with each passing day. He's the main reason why Inna feels compelled to change her ways.

Ray Garland:

Lillian's father.
A well-known and ambitious lawyer. He's rarely home, but when he is he tries to make up for lost time by spending lavishly on Lillian.

Mel:

Inna's primary contact for work opportunities.
A mysterious, brusque man with a mind for business. He appears to have some shady connections.

Writing: DarkSin
Art: DarkSin
Music: Noyemi K
Editing: Shadow
Programming: DarkSin, Helvetica Standard
UI Designing: DarkSin

Last edited by DarkSin on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:18 am, edited 10 times in total.

-Ren-
Projects: Shade

Re: Innate Imperfections [Action/Drama] [GxG] [NaNoRenO2015]

#2 Post by -Ren- »

Downloading it now. I'll give my impressions after I complete it.
Any chance you could give a quick walk-through for the completed route?

Fluxx
Regular
Projects: Magnificent//Omniversal Love, Nature's Kingdom
Organization: Natural Freedom
IRC Nick: Fluxx
Tumblr: superfunspacejam

#3 Post by Fluxx »

Well done. Very professional and well put together. Music was really atmospheric as well, it help to draw me into the story. I really enjoyed it.
CURRENT PROJECTS (Ongoing)
Nature's Kingdom - A Girl Wishes for Utopia -
Web Novel that takes place in the same universe as Magnificent//Omniversal Love.

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

#4 Post by Seigetsu »

I was playing Lillian's route and really liked it. The art and music do a good job of setting the atmosphere, and the writing is smooth with good pacing. I'd definitely be interested in seeing more, considering that the route left off with a "to be continued". Overall, I find the concept to be interesting and hope you can develop Inna's personality and its relationship with her profession in any further works of this game. On a last note, thanks very much for the release! I really enjoyed playing.

Shiena

#5 Post by Shiena »

I just finished playing all routes, this game is really interesting! The art, song and story are awesome, very professional as mentioned above. Good job you all, I'm looking forward to see the complete work! :)

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by philip »

I echo the remarks of the above posters! This is a gripping and interesting story; very professionally done. Can hardly wait to see the rest of it. Great job!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Shiroisalva5
Projects: The fountain in the woods, Stained with Magic, Bog
Organization: Hikage Studios
Deviantart: saruva05.deviantart.
itch: kuroi05

#7 Post by Shiroisalva5 »

Hi there, this game caught my interest, however after downloading it, the game wouldn't start :(
MacBook Pro OSX 10.9
(did try to run it on main screen/desktop view, so avoided try starting it on secondary monitor)
Hope this helps :)

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 201, in script
    jump start
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 201, in script
    jump start
  File "/Users/Xxxxx/Xxxxxx/InnateImperfectionsDemo-all/renpy/ast.py", line 1474, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "/Users/Xxxxx/Xxxxxx/InnateImperfectionsDemo-all/renpy/script.py", line 595, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(label))
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.18.2.729

ImageImageImageImage

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#8 Post by Razz »

Just played it. The music, sound effects, and atmosphere were very well done. I also liked that inna was lost to her thoughts a lot. It wouldn't make much sense for an assassin to be surrounded by family/friends seeing the line of work is dangerous.
I got the three 'endings'. The box one was very well done.
Looking forward to more!

Rebirth
Projects: a yuri VN but is on hiatus.

#9 Post by Rebirth »

I really enjoyed this demo, like everybody is saying is very professionally done. I really enjoyed the plot and the personality of Inna, is very interesting the way that she think and act even doing the job that she does. I'm looking forward the final version of this VN. :3
Last edited by Rebirth on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

juliaartful

#10 Post by juliaartful »

I really liked "Innate Imperfections" (btw, the title is perfect for the game and represents Inna well)! The graphics were really good, I liked the story (and the cold atmosphere) and the characters, also the music always fitted in. But there was one thing, which really bothered me: the Russian dialogues. My origin is the Ukraine so I can read and write Russian (although I live in Germany since I was a child) and the Russian dialogues were full of mistakes :( I'd really like to correct the Russian phrases, but it's nice that you tried putting Russian language in the VN :)

x.FallenEmpire.x

#11 Post by x.FallenEmpire.x »

I did not write that post. My friend was on my account and did that.
Last edited by x.FallenEmpire.x on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfXx
Regular
IRC Nick: Grey

#12 Post by GreyWolfXx »

I really enjoyed the demo. Hope it comes out soon.

"We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom,
but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where
all the contradictions flow together." -- Terrence Mckenna

Krel
Regular

#13 Post by Krel »

I quite like the atmosphere, as others have said. I played to the end of Lillian's route so far and I'm interested to see where you go with it. The character art also looks great, especially Lillian's father. Keep going, and I look forward to the full game when it's out!

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!

#14 Post by DarkSin »

Okay, here's the new release for Innate Imperfections! (Finally D:)

The complete changelog would be too long (and quite honestly I don't even remember all of it) so I'll just list some of the main points:

* Finished one of the ongoing branches, i.e; two new endings (the main arc is all that remains now).
* Added more expressions and one new outfit for Lillian.
* Added expressions for Inna (actually they were drawn back in March, but there was no time to code them all in orz) and one new outfit.
* Added a new character.
* Added some CGs.
* Edited several old BGs and added some new ones.
* New phone screens.
* Some new custom transitions.
* Swapped many of the transition effects and sprites that were used in the game previously.
* Several changes to the script (changes in wording, adding, cutting etc.). Also fixed various small programming errors.
* New ending videos.

Check the first post for the link to the new version.

And... yeah, I think that's all. Enjoy! :)
Last edited by DarkSin on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkSin
Regular

#15 Post by DarkSin »

I realise I'm late in answering to all of your comments, but since what I had up before was a rushed (and slightly buggy) demo, with only 1 ending, I was hoping to get a new release out ASAP before going into the comments and answering queries and things like that.

@-Ren- You're good as long as
you don't choose to turn down the job offer when prompted at one point in the story. You'll be set on the bad end, but at the very least it's complete =)
@Fluxx - I'm really glad you enjoyed it, I hope you'll play the new release as well :)

@Seigetsu - Thank you for playing, I'm happy you liked it. The route I think you're referring to is the casual romance one (which is now complete, by the way). There is a main route (incomplete at the moment) which will be a long and eventful one, triggered when you
choose not to speak to Lillian's father.
It'll probably be finished within the next month or two.

@Shiena and philip - Thank you for your comments, I'm glad you liked the game. I hope you'll play this new release =)

@Shirosalva5 - I'm not sure what the problem could be, I'm sorry! The new distribution for the game was packed using the latest Ren'Py version (6.99.5) for all desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). Try it now and see if it works. If not, then I'll export a separate distribution solely for Macs.

@Razz - Thank you for playing :) I really appreciate your thoughts on it!

@Rebirth - Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the demo. The final version will be out in maybe a couple of months, but I hope you can play the new release as well =)

@juliaartful - I'm happy you liked the game :) And oh, I was very much hoping someone like you would come by and point out how awful the translation was! I would also really like for you to correct the Russian dialogues, I've already sent you a PM. Hoping to hear back soon =)

@x.FallenEmpire.x and GreyWolfXx - Thank you for playing! Won't be too long till the final release :)

@Krelsin - Thank you for the feedback, I'm happy that you liked the atmosphere and character art! :)

EDIT: Oh and you can follow my twitter for updates on the project: https://twitter.com/_SinSystem_
Last edited by DarkSin on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.