H2O [PT-BR] (developed in 48 hours)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lanford

H2O [PT-BR] (developed in 48 hours)

#1 Post by Lanford »

The game was developed with premade graphic and sound assets, using TyranoBuilder, in order to enter a national (Brazil) contest where developers had to make a full game under 48 hours using the theme "Water". The contest took place during April 25th and 26th and the voting period is up to May 2nd.

I would like to ask for your sympathy during the voting period, since it's the only Visual Novel among lots of action-oriented games into the contest. It's taking place in Facebook and I am required to gather likes and shares at this post (until May 2nd, 23:59 GMT-3).

Among other projects, this is my first game 100% finished, and I am very proud to have programmed it on my own, although using free assets (thanks to Uncle Mugen for some of the backgrounds!), the multi-ending story was completely made during the contest period as well.
The game is not written in English, but it's a short tale about a mage who got teleported to our current age, into a city which is having issues with water shortage. Conveniently, the mage has powers over water forms, so a group of friends decide to try finding a way to get him get back to his age, while he tries getting the water restored to the current-age city.

The game can be played online through an internet browser here (after starting, please allow some time for the graphics to load).
It can also be downloaded here (Windows only).

Thanks in advance for your support!
I'm also accepting critique and suggestions on how to improve for future game projects :mrgreen:
Attachments
Gameplay.
Gameplay.
Gameplay.
Gameplay.
Title screen.
Title screen.
Currently trying to write new stories~

Mikaren
Regular

Re: H2O [PT-BR] (developed in 48 hours)

#2 Post by Mikaren »

would love to try it if it's english

Zhyx25

#3 Post by Zhyx25 »

.. oh, its, not english .. i liked to try it .. but..as you can see .. haixt .. :)

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4 Post by Donmai »

Okay, so you won't keep getting only the "oh, it's not English :( " message, let me actually say something about your game. It's well done for a 48 hour effort. I could spot one or another mispelled word (for example: 'asfauto' instead of 'asfalto') but that is understandable when we are typing things in a hurry, nothing too serious. Tokudaya sprites always attract a lot of attention, especially from new people who still doesn't know those sprites are in fact overused, that's why I believe you'll still receive a lot of "oh, it's not English :( " comments :) . Those sprites work well, even if one could find it strange to see some girls wearing japanese school uniforms and talking in Portuguese about Southeastern Brazil's current water crisis, on a São Paulo street (the city is unnamed, but I believe it's São Paulo, isn't it?). I've played the game once and got a "normal' end (I believe). Good start.

Sorry, cannot help you on Facebook. I'm a Facebook hater.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

- Eris
Regular

#5 Post by - Eris »

Um jogo em português! *baixando o mais rápido possível*
É a primeira vez que acho um jogo em português aqui, só por isso vou testar hahaha.
I like it, the idea, the characters, the songs, backgrounds, it's short but I really enjoyed it, I got the 'true ending' ^-^ Also I laughed at the 'De volta para a minha terra' reference xD the song started to play immediately in mi mind xD
I'm looking forward to more of your games!

jesusalva
Regular
Organization: Software in Public Interest, Inc.
IRC Nick: jesusalva
Github: pazkero
itch: tmw2
Discord: Jesusalva#4449

#6 Post by jesusalva »

Um dos poucos jogos em portugues! ^_^
It would be good if you localized the game though. There are some tutorials on the wiki which will allow you to offer the game both in portuguese as in english.
The contest is also over I think, so could you please do that? The game is too good to be kept only in portuguese :)
Jesusaves/Jesusalva