[ASH] the Seeds of Destruction [Thriller] [Psychological]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

[ASH] the Seeds of Destruction [Thriller] [Psychological]

#1 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Yes, this was intended as a NaNoRenO project, but life happens. The additional time allowed us to polish the game and make it the best possible experience. PaperDoor Studios is back with a new free game, called ...
2130 CE
John Oswald is a Demi, a human capable of using incredible powers. He is also an agent for World Police, an international security organisation. On their instruction, he is sent to the Japanese village, Tomishogo to investigate suspicious happenings. Unexpectedly, a massive explosion from an abandoned chemical plant rocks the city. Dozens die in the blast, and people across the town begin to get sick. Even stranger, those who survive the sickness become Demi like Oswald. Only these Demi are in a constant state of delirium, unable to distinguish between friend and foe.

In an attempt to contain the sickness, and knowledge of Demi, the Japanese government quarantines the town, preventing news crews and rescue operations from entering. Oswald is now cut off from the World Police. While desperately trying to survive in this terrifying environment, he meets a nine year old girl who's mother died of the sickness. The girl is trying to find her father, a seemingly powerful man who has arranged for the girl to be evacuated. But she is unable to make it to the rendezvous point on her own. Oswald and the girl begin to make the treacherous to what they hope will be an escape.

However, Moka Shiro, leader of the elite military division CMYK1, has plans of her own. She knows a dark secret about the girl, and intends to exploit it for the good of the nation―and her own sick pleasure.

These are the last days of Tomishogo. The events which take place here will change the course of human history.
One of the several CGs within the game
Scenario - Anairis Quinones
Art, Character Designs, Original Idea - Enrique Carmena
Producer, Editor - Shoji Amasawa
Programmer, QA - Reika Aoyama
OST - Greyberry
Sound Effects - Seiji Amasawa
ED 'Third World War' - Sayuri Maebara
Listen to Sayuri Maebara's theme song, 「Third World War」 here!
Cover Art by Seiji Amasawa
DOWNLOAD ALL VERSIONS
DOWNLOAD ALL VERSIONS
Please enjoy [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction, and look forward to future PaperDoor releases. This may seem like a peculiar standalone title, but you can think of it as a preview of things to come!
Last edited by ShojiAmasawa on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hijitoki
Regular
Projects: Flowers For Me(VN)

Re: [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction [Thriller] [Psychological

#2 Post by Hijitoki »

Hey, the game isn't actually working. It says I'm missing the .exe file to execute the file. D:
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#3 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Hijitoki wrote:Hey, the game isn't actually working. It says I'm missing the .exe file to execute the file. D:
I received a similar report from a team member. We are looking into this, now.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#4 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Terribly sorry about all that complication! But now the game is fit for public release! Check the download link!

Jin
Regular
Projects: Ephemeral (Writer), Woman of Xal (Singer for Demo/VO), Cute Demon Crashers (VO), Ashes of Destruction (Writer)
Soundcloud: anairisqui

#5 Post by Jin »

There we go! <3 I've been really eager to see everything together.

I've mentioned this already, but the music is really nice and fitting for the setting. I think my favorite track was what played
in the conversation Oswald had between the bombing and the aftermath. It sounded so pleasantly otherworldly.
I also really liked the sound effects, particularly for
when Kaibun was having her nightmarish visions. I just loved how creepy it sounded; definitely close to what I was thinking with during those moments.
I also really like the art here. It helps paint the story with this unique, desolate mood and it's such a change from the usual style of VNs here. Styles like this need more love! <3 I only wish we had enough time to add some diversity with the sprites.

It'd be strange of me to provide commentary of my writing for this. But, I will say this: This was my first completed script for a VN (and honestly, written story), and while I feel like I could've handled some scenes better, I'm happy to have gotten this done. It's so satisfying to see the finished product. I definitely learned a lot! Big thanks to Shoji for being so supportive during the process.

Kudos to the PaperDoor team!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by philip »

Tried to download this for my mac, but was not able to do so. It tells me that "my player is out of date", so I guess I will just cross this one off my "to play" list.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#7 Post by truefaiterman »

It's finally done, I was soooooo expecting this!

The story is pretty well handled, while I'd say a lot of points could need more developement, everything feels rushed: Of course, this IS a Nano project, so we all know time was behind us pretty harshly.

The way the sound it's handled is excellent, probably the best part of the whole game! There were some times when music and effects synchronized with the writing in a way that gave everything a HUGE jump in quality. Great music, of course. The only thing I miss is some voice acting, I'll blame the great job made with EVOLVEd :P

I'm not gonna comment on my art, but I'll say I'm satisfied with the overall result, considering the time constrains. I know I can do better, but not fast enough.

Aaaand... this is another finished game! I'm glad to have worked here, and the end result is definetely worth it!
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#8 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Great news! For easy access, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction is now on Itch.io! Completely free, but you can leave a little donation if you want. This will also be the default download link.

http://paperdoor-studios.itch.io/ash-th ... estruction

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by philip »

Hooray! Was finally able to download this to my mac, now that it is available on itch.io. Enjoyed it! A short but powerful story!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"