Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure

#31 Post by Vatina »

I finally played through this game, and got Sue's good ending (after getting a bad ending first, of course :P) It's a lot of fun :D I also really like the colourful theme of the game. I'll definitly continue and try out some other endings ^^

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#32 Post by Kura »

Ah, this game is awesome. And very amusing.

As almost everyone else seems to have done, I got the bad ending my first play through. Second time I got Lucia's normal ending, then her crazy ending (which I didn't really understand because of whatever it's referencing), and also Feria's and Rena's crazy endings.
I also think Ivan shoud've crossdressed. D: I bet Lucia would've sold all of her doujin then, since everyone knows that fans love crossdressers.
By the way, don't know if you noticed, but in the 'promise' scene in the beginning, the hand on the right has six fingers.

Edit: Got all endings, whoo~
I was actually half-expecting the secret ending to be seeing the others girls at the con cosplaying as random characters.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

dreamer

#33 Post by dreamer »

haha! Now that you mention it, no.... never noticed that while I was drawing it. I'm wondering if I should fix it or leave it be.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#34 Post by lordcloudx »

Kura: Thanks for the heads up. I guess we'll use this new one when Real Life gets permanently hosted.
Attachments
yubikiri.png
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Ignosco
Veteran

#35 Post by Ignosco »

The 1.1 versions are released, which fix the errors that Chronoluminaire and Kura mentioned - thanks :D.

Vatina: Hope you enjoy the rest of it :D

Kura: The Lucia crazy-bad ending
is a reference to Lucy's Revenge, but also to Lucy - the 'associate' mascot of Ren'Py. She originally had a very very brief appearance in the demo for the early versions of Ren'Py to demonstrate imagemaps, where you made a choice between her and Eileen (and you had the option to ask Eileen for a date earlier on).
A whole-cast cosplay ending omake might have been interesting to do - I guess it's one of those things we didn't think of during the month, and perhaps something we might not have had time for. Ivan cross-dressing... well, if it was Feria at the convention there would probably be no way out of it, but Lucia in her adopted personality is perhaps too nice to force him to. Glad you enjoyed it :D.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#36 Post by Samu-kun »

Mmm... When do you suppose version 1.1 will be out? When it is, can we mirror it on the Ren'ai archives?

Ignosco
Veteran

#37 Post by Ignosco »

Version 1.1 is out :wink: - it would be great if you could mirror it on the RAA.

Nobody

#38 Post by Nobody »

Not bad for a parody, and Sue is cute ^^ (even though I wasn't at all fond of Tsukasa, Samu-kun's avatar). She looks permanently drunk and jolly. :lol:

Loving all higurashi references. :mrgreen:

honoreixix
Regular

#39 Post by honoreixix »

can't...get...the bonus...endings...T_T

mrsulu
Regular
Completed: Lady Sugarplum's Bad Day

#40 Post by mrsulu »

For the speed at which it was completed, it's great! I liked the insanity the best, since it was fun when you were breaking out of the cliches and into the silly.

If this were fark, you'd need Admiral Ackbar popping up early on. Not hinted well that this was a trap, and given every other decision was usefully explored either way, having a hidden dead end seemed like a cruel choice. Not a big fan of that, but once it was revealed in this thread, I could get all the endings.

All games need more rat-bonking. Hooray!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#41 Post by lordcloudx »

Here's a little bonus for Feria fans.
Attachments
feria_dansen.zip
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 297 times
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#42 Post by Vatina »

Haha that's so cute xD Poor Feria, she looks desperate :P

Malyszeq

#43 Post by Malyszeq »

For the first four times I was trying to succeed I still got the bad ending. I needed the hint with the trap question at the beginning to proceed :) . But I finally managed, and the first ending I got was the Lucia ending. Then, when I got to the choice of undressing her, I saw, and I died - from hysterical laughter... :mrgreen: ... Great job, kudos to you for that game...
Princess of lust
Dignity put to dust
A virginal sight
Their apple to bite.
Drink from my thighs
The rain of lies
A sight so cursed
Breasts, which never nursed...

Nightwish, "Passion And The Opera"

Ignosco
Veteran

#44 Post by Ignosco »

Thanks for the comments everyone :D:

honoreixix: If you're still stuck, there's a walkthrough here.
We had a fair bit of discussion and some disagreements over the first choice - but as it stands, as long as people are able to realise that it's a bad decision after playing through once, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also, this isn't the end of Real Life - some further development is underway :D.

honoreixix
Regular

#45 Post by honoreixix »

nah, it's ok, I got em...nice game...

i enjoyed playing through it...can't wait for more...
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...