Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ignosco
Veteran

Re: Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure

#16 Post by Ignosco »

Thanks for the comments everyone :) - I'll reply to them all soon.

Some hints about the game, listed in increasing degrees of spoilers.

List of Endings:
1. General bad ending
2. Rena good ending
3. Sue good ending
4. Feria good ending
5. Lucia good ending
6. Rena crazy ending
7. Sue crazy ending
8. Feria crazy ending
9. Lucia crazy ending
10. Secret ending
11. Ivan Bonus ending 1 - we had to cut this ending to release the game in the all ages forum. The text and CG will either be posted in LHH or the uncut version of Real Life will be released on the RAA.
12. Ivan Bonus ending 2

How the unlocking of endings works:
Ending 1 can be obtained on all playthroughs. One of the Endings from 2-5 must be obtained to unlock Endings 6-9. Ending 10 is unlocked after completing Endings 1-9, and Ending 12 is unlocked after completing Ending 10.
Gameplay hints/Walkthrough:
The wrong choice on the first menu will prevent you from reaching any good Ending and Ending 10 (if unlocked). Sue and Feria's good endings are mutually exclusive but the other good endings can be reached on a single playthrough. After reaching one of the good Endings, Endings 6, 8 and 9 can be obtained from new unlocked dialogue choices. Ending 7 requires the player to repeatedly fail catching the rat. After reaching the first 9 Endings, Ending 10 has hints provided in-game about how to obtain it. Ending 12 is obtained by a new dialogue choice unlocked after Ending 10 is reached.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#17 Post by Samu-kun »

I played through it once and to no big surprise, got the bad ending. XD It sounds pretty complicated getting any of the good ends... I'll try again later when I get the most chance. I think I like Sue the most so far... She makes a cute airy ditz head who always has that silly smile. XD

Ignosco
Veteran

#18 Post by Ignosco »

Aashtarsrain: Thanks :). Interestingly, the sound effects in that scene were only added a few days ago - they were originally an 'if we have time' feature, and we didn't have much discussion about where and how they should be used outside of the crazy endings.

Fice and Jake: 27 moments... that's quite a few :D. The game will start in windowed mode in the 1.00 version as well - the resolution for the game is actually 640x480.

mugenjohncel:
After the designs for Sue, Feria and Rena were done, we decided that there needed to be one non-loli character. Once we realised that this fourth girl looked strangely like Lucy, (or did FIA and cloud draw her to look like Lucy - I can't quite remember) the plans for the first yandere ending were in place. Initially we were planning on having her hair dyed purple, but to make her identity more obvious we gave her a wig. There were initial plans for a 'put it in' option in that scene, but that wouldn't have worked properly in a non-H game.
Papillon: I'm guessing for the first choice you chose the 'Hey, that is rather rude' option. That guarantees that you'll get the bad ending on the first playthrough :(.

sake-bento: Rena's design was actually inspired by an idol character from a game. I guess if we had more time to work on Real Life, the character backgrounds that were initially planned would have been explored better.

Most of the LSF references were fairly unplanned - some of the backgrounds used as references had signs and picture frames on them, so we had the idea of replacing them with RenTarot cards. There are a few more subtle references too, such as the game reference in the background for Sue's good ending. The one I was most surprised by when I read the completed script was (spoiler for secret ending)
the Eileen ending. I was expecting the game to end with some sort of bloodbath there, ala Lucy's Revenge, but having Ivan join the Lemmasoft community instead was a much better idea. Ivan gets killed enough in the various endings as is :P.
The 1.00 versions should be coming tonight - the Lucy instead of Lucia as the gallery subtitle was an unintentional error, so that will be changed. I'll fix the crimesite -> crimescene error too.
Last edited by Ignosco on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#19 Post by lordcloudx »

Samu-kun: Actually, I based Sue's ditzy airhead smile on your avatar.

sake-bento: Rena's design is based on Yayoi Takatsuki from the Idolm@ster.

speaking of 1984, I was tempted to put in "We shall meet again in the place where there is no darkness." in the intro.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#20 Post by mikey »

*looks at bad endings posts*
I wonder what I did wrong then... I got my best ending (Lucia) on my first playthrough. :P

In fairness, I didn't play "like myself", but then again, you have a game by a team calling itself "Baka Trio", you have the panty previews and so on... you expect fun and fanservice (with a nice, romantic tone, obviously), so you play like it.

Anyway, I had fun with this - I was a little afraid, frankly, that it's going to be over the top, but I think the Trio worked well together and actually, the inside jokes aren't really that strong (well, they don't dominate), so it's perfectly enjoyable even for someone who hasn't been around the forums for fifty years.

I like the fact that it's so colorful, I like the simple division, and I like the bespoke graphics. No nitpicks from me.

I do wonder about what the CV of someone hired as "panty advisor" looks like.

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Adorya »

- Credit roll is a bit fast to read by default
- Selection by darkening instead of enlightening a choice is quite unusual

Else got Lucia good ending on 1st try, guess it has to do with appropriates fanservice choices :mrgreen:

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#22 Post by Samu-kun »

Samu-kun: Actually, I based Sue's ditzy airhead smile on your avatar.
Oh... I thought that smile looked familiar!!!! XD

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#23 Post by Samu-kun »

Yosha! Just got the good ending for Sue. Hahaha, how cute. And it even has all the Troll references. I'm going to try to get the crazy ending for her now. XD

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#24 Post by Samu-kun »

Damn. Couldn't resist and ended up getting the crazy ending for Lucia (?) instead. XD

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#25 Post by Samu-kun »

Woaahh...

What an unexpected plot twist. o_o;

(I'm talking about Sue's crazy ending XD)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#26 Post by sake-bento »

I got all the good endings. owo Sue's first, since I like the tsundere type. The cinema terrifies me. If I went somewhere and I saw a sign like that I'd be out. Fast. My favorite good ending is is Lucia's, probably since I like doujin and cosplay at lot. It would've been much better if he had gone for the first outfit. >.>

Aiming for crazy endings, now.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#27 Post by chronoluminaire »

Yay - this was lots of fun!

Sue is definitely my character, but somehow I found myself heading for Feria's good ending first... I'm always a sucker for the tsunderekko XD

A couple of typos:
"carthatic" for "cathartic", and a surplus comma after "that Lucia purchased"
"same interests as you their" - "their" should be "there"
"If feels like" should be "It feels like"
And on the "Seriously, you should stop that habit" line, Rena's displayed when I think it should be Feria.
The endings I got, in the order I got them:
Bad ending Alone
Good ending - Nightwalk (Bwahahahaha at the movie titles! :D:D:D)
Crazy Ending - I undressed her, I saw, I died
Crazy Ending - Pantythief. (But that's not how the version on the thread went!)
Good Ending - Lap Bedding
Crazy Ending - Usosuki! (Shouldn't that be Usotsuki?)
Good Ending - Piggyback Ride (And are some of the ending titles in bold while others are in italic? Hmm...)
Crazy Ending - 20XX (which someone could quite easily get just by being addicted to seeing Sue's panties. Did I say that out loud?)
Secret Ending (after trying at least 4 times. I love the conversations in the omake, by the way.)
Bonus Ending (... ... ...Not what I was expecting.)
And I didn't even need to read any spoilers to get them! (Apart from the line I accidentally read that wasn't under a spoiler tag, about the first choice being a bad ending tag. Which is a bit mean, so I'm happy to have read that hint.)

(I did need to make hefty use of skip mode though, and try quite a few times for the Secret Ending. I think I got Alone ending a total of 3 or 4 times, in the course of looking for all of them.)

A superb parody game, right up there with Lucy's Revenge. I spotted many many references, and I spotted at least two things that I'm sure must have been references I didn't get. Delightful!

This was lots of fun - a very pleasingly spent hour. :)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Ren

#28 Post by Ren »

Put in my "to play"list with Sake Bento's game TwT

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#29 Post by Samu-kun »

Oh? Did I also forget to mention how awsome this game was? ^_^ I love it! I thought Sue's ending was really cute. All the drawings are very well done, especially the CG's. The music has the appropriate silliness that you'd expect in this type of game. And I love Ivan's alarm clock. "Get up... Let's go to school..." And the fact that Sue goes "Nyuuu~" wins bonus points right there. And huzzah for the Sky Girls blanket. I would wrap myself in Otoha every night before I go to bed.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that the sound effects were kind of loud and surprised me.

edit: finally got the second bonus ending. Woah, I didn't see that one coming. o_o;

Ignosco
Veteran

#30 Post by Ignosco »

mikey: Thanks :D - it's definitely not a game that you can play like yourself - when I tried that on my first playthrough, I got locked into the bad ending straightaway :?. We did make the decision not to go down the hentai route very early on with this game - for certain scenes (eg Episode 2), some potential ideas didn't make it into this game.

Adorya: Thanks :D - I guess the secret to getting the good endings is being 'perverted', but not too perverted.

sake-bento: Thanks :D - it certainly would have been interesting to show Ivan in that ending :)

Chronoluminaire: Thanks :D, and thanks for the corrections - if we release another version I'll definitely fix those. One day, I'll hopefully be able to catch all of the mistakes when I proofread/edit...

Samu-kun: Thanks :D. Yeah, the sound effects perhaps could have been turned down a bit - but it's easy for the player to do that. The bonus ending(s) were in some ways an afterthought - they weren't in FIA's original script, and were added as an extra by me (in the last few days of March) after ending 10, mainly because we had some unused artwork. I guess I intended those endings to be Ivan taking 'revenge' for the bad decisions of the player :). BTW, Bonus Ending 1 is where Ivan decides to 'utilise' the panties... :twisted: