Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ignosco
Veteran

Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure

#1 Post by Ignosco »

The Baka Trio's (FIA, Ignosco, Lordcloudx) 2008 NaNoRenO entry, Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure is finished. What started as a small prank, is now a complete game, with 4 winnable girls, 15 CGs, 11 endings, original soundtrack and more. The original thread that inspired Real Life is here, and although much of the game has changed since then, some of the suggestions have been incorporated :D.

We would like to thank PyTom for his help, programming assistance and advice, and also everyone else on the #renpy channel and those who provided suggestions on the initial thread.

We might also post some other content relating to the game elsewhere on the forums.

With that said, enjoy :D.

1.1 versions are up - thanks to Chronoluminaire and Kura for the corrections :D
Attachments
Real Life-1.1-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Real Life - Linux Version 1.1
(33.25 MiB) Downloaded 885 times
Real Life-1.1-mac.zip
Real Life - Mac Version 1.1
(33.88 MiB) Downloaded 748 times
Real Life-1.1.zip
Real Life - Windows Version 1.1
(33.12 MiB) Downloaded 4426 times
Last edited by Ignosco on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

Re: Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure

#2 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:D Just played it for the first time, and it was very sweet and entertaining
The rat chase was really hilarious !!!
The colors and the cheerful atmosphere are tremendously enjoyable.
I got the bad ending, so right now I'm going for another try !
Thanks very much for this !

Edit : got two other endings and more CG pictures. Well, let's go back again for more ! :wink:

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#3 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#4 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#5 Post by papillon »

It was cute, but I got the bad ending and still felt like all my behavior had been completely reasonable (and, for that matter, that I wasn't really interested in any of the girls) so I don't feel terribly motivated to go back and make different choices. Maybe I'm just not enough of a guy. :)

ficedula
Regular

#6 Post by ficedula »

We (MAB Studio ;) - me, Jake, chunderbunny ) all played through it because we were starving, and pizza arrived, and we wanted something to do while eating besides coding, even if the NaNo deadline is approaching ;)

-Myself and Jake went through just under 2 cans of beer each during the first playthrough
-There were 27 moments that caused us to drink (chunderbunny kept count for us, probably accurately)
-We got the 'bad' ending, although it could have been worse - we were intentionally trying to avoid the Feria ending and we totally succeeded at that!

We also have no idea what choices we should make that would get us a good ending, but hey.

Bug reports:

-Full screen really screwed up Jake's mac, but I think that's a Ren'Py issue not a Real Life issue!
-The game needs more robot maids
-The phrase 'crimesite' made us all think of 1984, crimescene sounds more appropriate ;)
-Although we don't know this for sure, we assume there's no landlady ending judging by the gallery (also, is the landlady wearing a maid costume?)

Jake
Support Hero

#7 Post by Jake »

ficedula wrote: -Full screen really screwed up Jake's mac, but I think that's a Ren'Py issue not a Real Life issue!
Specifically, I was running it over the TV at the time, so it probably had a really weird resolution - and I doubt my TV supports 800x600, if that's what Ren'Py would have tried for.

Unfortunately, since I couldn't remember any Ren'Py keyboard shortcuts for "quit" or "get out of fullscreen", I had to SSH in and kill the process to escape. :/
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#8 Post by chronoluminaire »

Jake wrote:Unfortunately, since I couldn't remember any Ren'Py keyboard shortcuts for "quit" or "get out of fullscreen", I had to SSH in and kill the process to escape. :/
Owch. Unfortunate.

For future reference: "F" is toggle fullscreen mode, by default, in Ren'Py.

Downloading now - congrats on meeting the NaNoRenO deadline with a day to spare!!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#9 Post by sake-bento »

Bad End. D: No surprise, though. I was pretty tame with most of the girls. o.o Character designs were distinctive, but Rena really looked more like an idol singer than an imouto.

Lucia's name is Lucy in the gallery option.

Will play again, and I'll actually aim for a girl this time. owo

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#10 Post by mugenjohncel »

- POST NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#11 Post by sake-bento »

mugenjohncel wrote:
sake-bento wrote:Lucia's name is Lucy in the gallery option.
It's a Hint... and a Warning.............

:lol: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!... (Sorry, still too early to spoil...)
Don't tell me I'm going to be dismembered by a multiple personality girl with horns. D:

ficedula
Regular

#12 Post by ficedula »

Jake reminded me of the most important (possibly the only really relevant!) comment we had: the text was actually really hard to read from a distance due to the colour of the text and the background box...

(Admittedly we were playing the game on a TV, but Jake's TV is a 42" monster, so it's not like it was too small - just the colours made it tricky to pick out from the background.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#13 Post by Samu-kun »

Ahh... So it's finally done huh? ^_^ *downloads*

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#14 Post by lordcloudx »

papillon wrote:It was cute, but I got the bad ending and still felt like all my behavior had been completely reasonable (and, for that matter, that I wasn't really interested in any of the girls) so I don't feel terribly motivated to go back and make different choices. Maybe I'm just not enough of a guy. :)
That's too bad. Actually, even me and Ignosco got suckered by one of those early trap questions. It's not about being a guy. FIA put a bad-ending trap early in the game, so most people are likely to get the alone ending on their first playthrough.

Font issue will be fixed on the next uploaded version thanks to Pytom.
ficedula wrote:-The phrase 'crimesite' made us all think of 1984, crimescene sounds more appropriate ;)
-Although we don't know this for sure, we assume there's no landlady ending judging by the gallery (also, is the landlady wearing a maid costume?)
I see... 1984 doubleplusgood. No, I'm afraid the landlady doesn't even have a character sprite.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#15 Post by PyTom »

Well, I beat all the endings, cheating as I always do. I have to say, some of the endings are quite hard to get... I'm not sure how many of them civilians will discover.

Hopefully, the team will at least make a list of how many endings there are of each kind, as you have to unlock all the endings of one kind to get the ones of the next kind.

Game makers should have fun with this one. There are a lot of references to the LSF community.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom