Dream Savior Gakuen 100% Full Release!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.

Re: Dream Savior Gakuen 100% Full Release!

#46 Post by 4394 »

I played this game a couple days ago, got Marlain's ending. Overall good fun, kinda eerie at times, and surprisingly touching. (I don't even /play/ BL and I thought it was sweet, so. G'job. *grin*) What are the chances you'll ever make a bishoujo game? What about an otome game? Just curious, of course. Hehe.

[edit]

Replayed over and over and over again for the sake of curiosity. All endings attained. I must say, a lot of those sequences creeped me out. o__o; As in they were frightening, not squicky. Except perhaps the gag ending. XD
Last edited by 4394 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DREAM ON!
Sprites: complete
CGs: 0/4
Scripting: 1/7

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

#47 Post by x__sinister »

Oh...hehe. Np. Hope you likes it. :p

I did like it.
The backgrounds were a bit cheap XD
But, your character art more than made up for it.
Not to mention the plot. That was awesome.
There were some things I saw coming like:
Polar being dead and all that.
But other things surprised me. Like the other more character-oriented histories.

YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD AN ENDING FOR JAJA. [fume]
I say, if you make a sequel, Jaja should be older.

But, I'm not sure how you would make a sequel when the main character is you know.
Maybe it's best if you don't make a sequel. [shrug]
A literate roleplaying community.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#48 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ouch, I was trying to get Jaja's....
But okay, like, this game is soo COOL and I like the characters a lot.
Y'know, since the MC's face is not there, I named the MC "Hikari", LoL

So, here's the characters (review) by me:
@ Sato =Defenitely my favourite. GO SATO!
@ Jaja = Y'know I'm tottaly crazy trying to get his ending... XD
@ Marlo = I kind of thinking he's a girl, like, a girl pretending to be a boy so she can enter DSG! Woow!
@ Keeves = I's thinking that he's a bishounen or something, gave me the creeps, really..
@ Polar = Polar... Bear @_@
@ Coach = Uh, nothing rly... Heheheh... *smirk* *smirk*

Anyway, nice game ya have there.... Yay, yay, yay!

shin
Projects: White Line

#49 Post by shin »

Very nice game! :D I really enjoyed playing it~~ So far I've got 7 endings out of 10. (I got the coach ending while I was trying to get Polar. |D;; Hahaha-- it amuses and scares me at the same time lol)

I like Sato. A lot. He's so sweet~~ (....and it helps that I'm tremendously weak towards tsundere characters |D;;)

And Keeves! I found his ending as the sweetest one~~ <333

Too bad there's no Jaja ending, though. He's so cute! *__*;

illuminate001

#50 Post by illuminate001 »

4394 wrote:I played this game a couple days ago, got Marlain's ending. Overall good fun, kinda eerie at times, and surprisingly touching. (I don't even /play/ BL and I thought it was sweet, so. G'job. *grin*) What are the chances you'll ever make a bishoujo game? What about an otome game? Just curious, of course. Hehe.

[edit]

Replayed over and over and over again for the sake of curiosity. All endings attained. I must say, a lot of those sequences creeped me out. o__o; As in they were frightening, not squicky. Except perhaps the gag ending. XD
A Bishoujo game? Actually I'd love to make one of those too! (Otome as well) I only made a BL game cuz I was kinda disappointed at the lack of them and so I thought I'd help speed that along. In terms of a BxG game I already have 1 in mind "Dream Savior Gakuen: Girls Edition" <--Some of the character art is already done for this infact. :)

In any case Im glad you liked it. I dont want the fact that its a BL to alienate ppl...it should be about the story and the quality of the characters. So thank you.

illuminate001

#51 Post by illuminate001 »

x__sinister wrote:Oh...hehe. Np. Hope you likes it. :p

I did like it.
The backgrounds were a bit cheap XD
But, your character art more than made up for it.
Not to mention the plot. That was awesome.
There were some things I saw coming like:
Polar being dead and all that.
But other things surprised me. Like the other more character-oriented histories.

YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD AN ENDING FOR JAJA. [fume]
I say, if you make a sequel, Jaja should be older.

But, I'm not sure how you would make a sequel when the main character is you know.
Maybe it's best if you don't make a sequel. [shrug]
Thanx for the very through and honest review of sorts xsinister. Im glad you enjoyed it mostly and yes I think I'll havta make Jaja older jes cuz the requests for it have been to HIGH to ignore! lol.

For the sequal (already in production) your a different character so it wont be an issue. In fact DSGII relates back to DSG but has a completely diff story.

illuminate001

#52 Post by illuminate001 »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Anyway, nice game ya have there.... Yay, yay, yay!
Awww thank you! I really appreciate it aXt! I liked ur review of the characters as well...its fun to see how each person views the characters differently. tried to make sure there was something for every1 sumwhat. :p

illuminate001

#53 Post by illuminate001 »

shin wrote:
I like Sato. A lot. He's so sweet~~ (....and it helps that I'm tremendously weak towards tsundere characters |D;;)

Too bad there's no Jaja ending, though. He's so cute! *__*;
Me too! Im especially fond of Futami from Kimikiss and Kyo from Clannad <--well she isnt COMPLETELY a tsundere but yeah.

Shippokren
Projects: Beast Wars - A War between Humans and Beasts 04%Finish

#54 Post by Shippokren »

I remember playing this game yesterday. It's great! I love the art it was made beautifully.

To bad I was just scared to finish the game because of Polar (Specially at that one scene). :shock: AHHHH! COVER YOURSELF UP! A lot saying from a girl who likes her BiShounen games. ^^; A lot of the guys really creep me out in the game.

But not Marlo! I did have a liking to Marlo. :D I always love the cross-dressing trap guys.

Beast-Wars! Upcoming project filled with Comedy, Drama, Psycho's and POCKY!

To do list
1.Remember to Eat 2.Work on project
3.Work on project 4.Work on project
5.Go to bathroom 6.Work on project
7.Sleep

Yep... todays another day to be a slug.

Emmyriceball

#55 Post by Emmyriceball »

You don't even want to know how long it took me to get Polar's ending. x.x I must've gotten the coach's ending like three times before I finally got Polar...

Anyways, this was really fun to play! I've been practically obsessed with it for the last two hours or so. The characters were all really likable and the art was all kinds of awesome!

Great job making this. c:

aya_lyka

#56 Post by aya_lyka »

has this game like rated not for children thingy (sex) :lol: ... im a girl and was good to find a guy visual novel... it's really ok for me if it's BL im tired of playing game's with always the main character is a guy and always dating girls... im like playing it now and it was totally hot... i like it... hehe...

do you know any more game's like this...

forget what i said above...

wow this game is totally cute... i was touched i got polar's ending or keev's

Spoiler
were he let's you choose which memory you would like to stay with

i just dropped a tear or two... it was s0o0o cute....

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#57 Post by azureXtwilight »

illuminate001 wrote:
A Bishoujo game? Actually I'd love to make one of those too! (Otome as well) I only made a BL game cuz I was kinda disappointed at the lack of them and so I thought I'd help speed that along. In terms of a BxG game I already have 1 in mind "Dream Savior Gakuen: Girls Edition" <--Some of the character art is already done for this infact. :)
Omigosh...
OMIGOSH!!!!
One vote for THIS one!!!

illuminate001

#58 Post by illuminate001 »

So I jes wanted ta post and say thank you to every1 for you honest, constructive and positive view on my 1st VN ever. I cant thank every1 enuff for the wonderful response this little project of mine has gotten. Im also going to write alittle suffin in response to...

Shippokren -> Thanx! Marlain is my best friends favorite character. She loves trannies for some reason.
Emmyriceball -> Im glad you enjoyed it! And got the Keeves ending arc right away! That one was kinda hard to get!
aya_lyka -> Aw Thanks! I hope the art in DSGII turns out even better, Im working on it right now. I have set the bar up unexpectedly high for myself.

As I usually do but im going to combine it 1 thread. I jes thought it was interesting to note how certain "communities" have obvious favorites and tend you like and think the same way. Take for instance Renai, I noticed alotta ppl who commented on DSG here LOVE Jaja, Sato and in some cases Marlain...altho for the most part the game was "creepy" in terms of the other guys (ESPECIALLY Polar! lol). Is this cuz DSG was geared more towards Guys/Bara? While Renai seems to be about more Bishounen orientated designs/themes?

Conversely my friends who played it who are Bara Artists (Im not sure about the terminology but apparently Bishounen Stuff is drawn for females while Bara is kinda like drawn for men by men kinda thing) LOVED Polar and Keeves and actually Sato (who seems to be the common denominator amongst players).

Anyhow jes thinking out loud. I guess there really is something for every1 in DSG which is exactly what I had hoped. Who knows...maybe someone actually WANTS the Coach ending? (Players into Bears/Chubs? lol whatever floats ur boat) Keep playing. :)

Lena

#59 Post by Lena »

jun_wi wrote:
Hmm, I was trying to get Polar but I just couldn't say no to Sato. :lol: I got all the endings now, except for the joke ending, it makes me curious... :? hmm... I'll get it one of these days though! :o
lol. XD I wanted the Sato ending from the beginning. Hehe...

-Tiny Spoiler-
...... 0_o You might not want the joke ending. It left me traumatized. T_T

Lena

#60 Post by Lena »

illuminate001,

It was such a wonderful game! :3 I just downloaded RenPY yesterday, and before getting something started, I wanted to check out a RenPY game. So I went through the list of games, and ended up downloading yours. I'm so happy I did because it was awesome! XD I played it from the girl perspective, and it worked out great. ^,^ My favorite was Sato... lol. Because he's so adorable. XD

I first got the ending where you don't end up with anyone. Then I got the Sato ending because I wanted it badly. lol. Then I got the coach ending.... ._. (I thought I was going to have nightmares... DX) And I finally got the Marlain ending. I have yet to uncover the other 6 endings. >< And I hope the coach ending was the only joke ending... TT_TT

In any event, I loved DSG! That ending shook me up, but I hope to get to the other endings soon. XD I can't wait until you release DSG2! I'm looking forward to it. ^^ And if I can ask you a favor... can you please warn me if you have another 'joke' ending for DSG2? ^^;;;

Thank you very much! You're a very wonderful and creative person! <3