Cinderella's Spark [Visual Novel] [Fantasy] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jellybi

Cinderella's Spark [Visual Novel] [Fantasy] [Free]

#1 Post by jellybi »

Story:
What you don't know can't hurt you… or is it the other way around?

Cinderella's life has been unhappy but predictable up until now – playing the part of a scullery maid for her cruel stepmother and oblivious stepsister. But one day, her stepsister, Agatha, finally takes notice and tries to help her.

It would be a welcome change of pace, except that Agatha's shift in attitude seems to be motivated by a terrible secret. Can she really be trusted when she says Cinderella is better off not knowing the truth?

Features:
1 hour play time
Twisty storyline
6 endings

Notes:
While this is my first project, I spent more than a year on its production and polishing, as I kept raising my standards while I was working on it! It is a one-woman project, with the exception of the music, which was sourced from the amazing royalty-free library of https://incompetech.com/. The game itself was made with Tyranobuilder.

I would love to hear reactions and comments. To keep the game experience fun for everyone, please tag spoiler comments appropriately!

Download for free on itch.io:
https://dazzleberrygames.itch.io/cinderellas-spark

Stella123

Re: Cinderella's Spark [Visual Novel] [Fantasy] [Free]

#2 Post by Stella123 »

Hey congrats :D for the game, I understand the efforts u need to complete a game coz I wasnt able to complete my game this comes due to the inadequate knowledge I have in programming. :cry:
I will try to download and play the game if possible coz the net is verrryyyy slow here! :roll: (sighs...)

ark99k
Regular

#3 Post by ark99k »

I haven't finished it yet. I just wanted to say how good it is so far. I am a very quiet reader, and still, a certain part caused me to actually scream "No!"
Clearly, Cinderella and I are not on the same page. I wanted not to betray Agatha so badly. I would have liked a choice there, but I understand that I am reading as Cinderella and not myself.
Again! I love so much already! I didn't actually see the twist coming.

jellybi

#4 Post by jellybi »

Thank you so much, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#5 Post by Amiralo »

Loved the story. very novel and entertaining.

Here, have some fanart
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

jellybi

#6 Post by jellybi »

Aaaaaah, oh my goodness, it's lovely! I love how wary Cinderella looks.

january

#7 Post by january »

Finished it (and got all the endings)--I enjoyed it! The story was entertaining and kept me invested in seeing what the twists were, and the characters (Agatha in particular) endeared themselves to me.

It did feel that some of the endings were more of an afterthought compared to others, since there seemed to be a "true" story you wanted to tell. That said, the first ending I got (due to choosing not to investigate the step-mother), while a little abrupt next to the other endings, did do a good job of keeping me curious about the mystery, and it's nice to be able to go, "Aha!" in hindsight now that I understand what it meant.

In any case, I'd look forward to any other VNs you release in the future!

jellybi

#8 Post by jellybi »

Thank you for playing and sharing your thoughts! There's definitely some unevenness in the routes, and although to some extent that's by design, I would likely end up adding and expanding some of them if I ever return to the project to make a premium version.

I hope to play more with modular content and more game-like elements in Sleeping Beauty, so we'll see how that goes!

ilyilaice
Regular
Completed: Flights of Fancy, Limbokin, Loveless on Lockdown, Aria at the Funeraria, Pusoy Dos, Jester Under Pressure, Dabbling in Drama, Iridescent Descent, Spirits of Limbo, Serial Killers Anonymous, Ferris Feels
Organization: Orca Martian Games
Tumblr: hurtinghabits
Deviantart: ilyilaice
itch: ilyilaice
Discord: ilyilaice

#9 Post by ilyilaice »

Words cannot express how entertained I was by this little visual novel. <3 <3 The story kept surprising me at every turn.

It's true that some of the endings weren't as jaw-droppingly amazing as the others, but it's not as if any of them felt perfunctory. I was very impressed by the variety. Moreover, I got my favorite ending on the very first try, so I was satisfied. I couldn't think of a more perfect ending.
It's the ending where she chooses to stay with Agatha, of course! I think I literally squealed when Cinderella crossdressed at the ball. Ohoho. I admit I was secretly shipping these two, but even just as friends, they're really awesome and badass together.
I'm very particular about grammar, and I didn't detect even one flaw in your writing. You proofread very well.

Can I just say how much I loved the characters. I enjoyed how Cinderella wasn't sweet and cheerful. Heck, she didn't even seem like a nice person, period. But she was entertaining! Her character was consistent. I also loved Agatha. The rapport between them was great. I wouldn't mind reading more of their adventures together. <3

Congrats on such a solid game. I'll be psyched if you make any more. <3
Completed Games: Flights of Fancy (NaNoRenO 2019), Limbokin (NaNoRenO 2020), Loveless on Lockdown (NaNoRenO 2021), Aria at the Funeraria (Otome Jam 2021), Pusoy Dos (Spooktober 2021), Jester Under Pressure (NaNoRenO 2022), Dabbling in Drama (Otome Jam 2022), Iridescent Descent (Spooktober 2022), Spirits of Limbo (NaNoRenO 2023), Serial Killers Anonymous (Spooktober 2023), Ferris Feels (NaNoRenO 2024). See them all here.

jellybi

#10 Post by jellybi »

I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I had a lot of fun writing the twists and surprises so it makes me happy to know when one worked as an "omg!" moment.