.help [Free] [Chatroom Sim] [Ludum Dare]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mikomi
Veteran

.help [Free] [Chatroom Sim] [Ludum Dare]

#1 Post by Mikomi »

.help is the world's leading advice website where anyone can ask questions and get truthful and honest answers- but what will happen when the people who help run it start to run out of answers for their own questions?
Meet Miyu Saera!

Miyu is an aspiring artist who designed Hollie Help, the mascot of .help, years ago in an art contest on the site. Now, she's a main moderator for the art subforum, frequently helping people with any art-related problems.

Screenshots

Image ImageImage
Features
  • Part chatroom simulator, part visual novel
  • 4 fully-drawn characters!
  • Critique my stranger's art!
  • 1 whole ending!
.help was made in under 72 hours for Ludum Dare #38. All art assets were made in under 72 hours by me, Mikomi Kisomi. This was made on Ren'Py. Check it out on the LD site here!
Last edited by Mikomi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: .help [Free] [Chatroom Sim] [Ludum Dare]

#2 Post by Zelan »

I liked Nightowl, so I'll definitely give this a play once I got the weekend. ^_^ (Hollie Help IS very cute.)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#3 Post by Godline »

To be honest your Ludum Dare entries are what made me think that visual novels could be possible in such a jam.

You are a pioneer!

And I will play this soon.

Mikomi
Veteran

#4 Post by Mikomi »

Zelan wrote:I liked Nightowl, so I'll definitely give this a play once I got the weekend. ^_^ (Hollie Help IS very cute.)
Thank you! I'd love to see what you think of it once you've finished since you played Nightowl :D

Mikomi
Veteran

#5 Post by Mikomi »

Godline wrote:To be honest your Ludum Dare entries are what made me think that visual novels could be possible in such a jam.

You are a pioneer!

And I will play this soon.
Thank you so very much! ; v ; I think eventually a great, solid story in 48-72 hours will be achievable for me, so for now I keep doing these to refine my skills until then. I'm very happy to see I've inspired other VN devs to test the limits of story telling with LD!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

Cute game! ^_^
I liked that it had a happier ending than Nightowl, haha. Nightowl was fantastic, of course, because it was true to life, but sometimes I like more self-indulgent "everyone wins!!!" type endings. I was super glad that Winnie was able to keep the site running. Raciel was such an angel, coming to the rescue of the site like that. It makes me wonder what the site meant to them; I feel like they must have been helped with a huge issue at some point in time.

I think the only thing that I might have changed story-wise is the fact that Miyu never follows up with her friends once she realizes that she knows them online and in real life. I could understand if she thinks about doing so and decides against telling them, but I would have liked to see the thoughts that brought her to that conclusion.

I think it also would have been good to have some music. You could have gotten away with just one track, since the overall tone of the game didn't change *too* much and it's so short. It wasn't a big deal in the end though. c:
Congrats on another LD entry!