The Fucking Question

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

The Fucking Question

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

Last edited by mugenjohncel on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: The Fucking Question

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

Aw no...

(downloading now)

#3 Post by Guest »

If only the effort had been put into something worthwhile...

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

***face palm***

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#5 Post by F.I.A »

The epitome of vulgar humor! You'll either hate it or love it!( It is extreme alright, that might scare people away. I end up being on the latter side, of course). I am crackling nearly every time.

Also, top-notch graphics and great usages of effects.
Fortunately, I haven't been checking on your other thread, thus sparing me of being spoiled.

And hey, what's with the Staff Room? D:
Good work! It is certainly a great leap comparing to Lucy's Revenge.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#6 Post by Enerccio »

Awesomely hilarious game.
Man, that was awesome.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

#7 Post by Guest »

WHAT THE FUCK! :shock:

Godly Graphics I must say. And to think that this is the watered down version. :mrgreen:

You never change you creepy bastard, never change.

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

#8 Post by usul »

Just finished my first play-through and am getting ready to give it another go to try to get the 'good' ending. Great art, cheesy background music is fine as it doesn't detract from the story. The characters are colorful and truer to life than most games I've played on this forum. Some of the jokes are redundant and overdone, a little variety in the insults might push the enjoyment up a notch. The graphics are great, I'd like to know how the backgrounds were made (CG, photos or a combination?)

I think this game is inspiring. The way you bring in the object is very flashy and totally over the top (in a good way, this being a parody and all). The parody of the question is well done too. A perfect inside joke for the the Ren'py game creators. I wonder if having the characters' faces in the text box actually adds anything to the storytelling.

The way the characters evolve is rich. I hope you tweak this little gem a bit and fine tune it before moving on to something else. I think you've got a real knack for this type of game. I hope you do more in the near future.

Awesome game, thanks for sharing!!!
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#9 Post by mikey »

Congratulations on finishing another game - I played it today.

Anyway, personally (and surprisingly?), I hardly found it offensive, even imagining a sharper version than this "watered down" one. And I think it's because the game doesn't have the bitter feel or the "rage", the writing doesn't feel like it was written by someone who is convinced of it all, or who sincerely hates (everything). It does feel like a normal parody. Which is good.

But then there is a different thing - the coarse language and over-the-top presentation do feel at times vulgar for vulgar's sake. Well - sure, one man's awesomeness is another man's so-awesome-it-hurts-ness. And I'm afraid at times, I did find myself in that second camp. It's just that if the flood of insults and swearwords is overwhelming, it loses its ability to be offending (to me). Actually, the part where they are making the stereotypical game was IMO the most amusing. On the other hand, some of those jokes and stereotypes are quite well-known, so some of them don't really feel all that fresh. But stereotypes are there to be known, so... :)

Anyway, to sum it up... all in all, regarding the shock factor, I found myself not being shocked or offended. Maybe it was because I read the thread about "how much is too much"? I don't really know. But as a parody, it was nice.

Also, let's not beat around the bush - the graphics are great, but you probably know that. The main menu and some of the overlays have this G-Collections graphics feel, very nicely done.

However, there is one last thing.

It's when I look at Lucy's Revenge, TFQ and the upcoming Moonlight Walks Remake. It's not like there is no place for them - there surely is. But somehow, I miss something that is not reactive or remade, something where your talent would be channeled into something new and original. On the other hand of course, you are free to do with your talent what you like, and it's not my place to criticize that. I know that, but I still kind of have to bring it up. :?

Well, an interesting game, leaving me with a few mixed feelings. Still, without doubt, one of the prettiest game to date, art-wise. Especially since the backgrounds were drawn, unlike just about every other game, which uses filtered photos, or low-detailed backgrounds. The only other complete game I can think of is Poisoned. So it's a pretty exclusive club.

Congratulations, once again.

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

#10 Post by usul »

Ok I just found the collaborative visual novel creation part of the game. Overall I enjoyed it, although I know nothing of the japanese terminology and stereotypes, I did have a laugh. The song being looped in this part of the game drove me nuts. Chance of pace from time to time please.

Overall, awesome. I think this is one of the most enjoyable Ren'py games I've played so far.
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#11 Post by DrakeNavarone »

Brilliant. Simply Amazing. I can't describe it any other way, so... </endpost>
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

madquest8
Regular

#12 Post by madquest8 »

Any chance of uploading this on the site uploader ? :) , Sendspace and megaupload are unavailable to me.... :(

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#13 Post by Samu-kun »

*sigh...* I suppose I'm the guy who's supposed to upload this to the Archives now... >_>;

All I need is Mugen's signature on the line and I'll upload it there.

proust

#14 Post by proust »

That was fun and well done. :P Just the right length too. But for the next one, please don't censor. Your humor reads much better with a sharp edge.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#15 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.